Rusko - Woo Boost

Dubby

Guest Medic

maybe i'm taking this sh*t too seriously but allow anyone from the general public seeing that video and thinking that's what dubstep is about. embarrasing

This is what I hate most, call me elitest I dont care. These new age lot who think borgore and 16bit are the sh*t need to shut the f*ck up.

• Upvote 1

those guys who are just into that OTT aggressive wobble stuff are in their own kind of scene anyways.

is the nathan barley looking prick in the video representative of this scene?

i know one guy who is into that he is a veteran wasteman :/

don't even mean to b elitist the uk urban/dance scene is so big on pointless genre names they might as well find a name for the borgore/ rusko kind of dubstep just 2 distinguish

the general dubstep 'sound' so to speak is the "womp womp", if you say dubstep that's what you mean... or what people think you mean

even with people into dubstep, they have to say "ambient" or "down-beat" dubstep to ge across that they don't mean the loud "womp womp" bass sh*t

its only like that tho cos the wobble side of things took off and opened peoples ears. most the people didnt look beyond the wobble and just played/listened to that which then formed the stereotype.

but really dubstep shudnt have a stereotype because its the most unrestricted and varied genre...

the little definition that binds it all together is the snare pattern or the half step embeded and the focus on bass lead melody.

corse everyones got their own interpretation tho of what the fundamental sh*t is.

to me its the 05 kind of stuff, where it was a distinct progression from garage toward a more dub engineered sound. when the idea of spacing out the sound came in, frequencies got clearly seperated and dub influenced beat patterns were channeled through into making low frequency bass lead rhythm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf-TE6yeq9w

ive heard a lot of bad things from a lot of ppl against dubstep -- -'mind numbing' 'stupid' 'terrorisation sh*t' 'piercing' 'crackhead music' 'overly repetitive' 'boring and next level 'nigger music'(lololo)- - but no one's ever associated it with the cracked out hipster prick in the video (is that rusko himself if so :/)

this has convinced me that i'm never gona back dubstep as a genre again. strictly dmz and everything affiliated.