Club appeals Thomas Vermaelen red card

TF S4DK

On Monday evening the Football Association released the following statement: “The FA has received a claim for wrongful dismissal from Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen. “Vermaelen was shown a red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity during Arsenal’s match against West Ham United on Saturday 20 March. “A Regulatory Commission will hear the claim on Tuesday 23 March.”

Its a one game ban that would go to two if failed. It would only go to three if Arsenal failed and manipulated the appeal system to get him to play another game, like United did with Rio. The fact that we appealed on Monday and it will be heard on Tuesday and our next game is Saturday that cant be the case.I just hope Wenger was given reason to believe it will be overturned by the ref and assistant report.

The Football Association has just released the following statement: "At a Regulatory Commission hearing today, a claim for wrongful dismissal from Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen was dismissed. "Vermaelen was shown a red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity during Arsenal’s match against West Ham United on Saturday 20 March."He will now serve a one match suspension with immediate effect."

Guest Intervention
If you actually think he fouled him, football isn't for you.
Clipping his leg in the penalty box?What do you call that then?Or do you still play year 3 rules where you throw your hands up and shout 'ACCIDENTAL!' and no foul is given?He made a mess of the header and was struggling from there, in his attempt to overhead kick the ball away or whatever it was, he slightly stepped across Franco, in doing so knocked his running leg which caused him to trip upThats a foulUnless something happened that I didnt see, or I have just made that up, I dont see how it isn't a foul.

Arsène Wenger admits he is "disappointed" that Arsenal's appeal against Thomas Vermaelen's red card was dismissed. The Belgian defender was sent off against West Ham last weekend after bringing Guillermo Franco down inside the area at Emirates Stadium. Arsenal entered a claim for wrongful dismissal to the Football Association but the red card and subsequent one-match ban was upheld and Vermaelen will now miss Saturday's trip to Birmingham. "I am disappointed but we have to accept it, we have no choice," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference. "We appealed because I thought, as I said after the West Ham game, that it was a very harsh sending off. "From now on we have to focus on the solutions we have without him and to win the game."