jollof rice and egusi soup to be sold at Gatwick airports

VENOM

Nigerian acquires London Gatwick Airport

Adebayo Ogunlesi, 56, is the chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), an independent investment fund based in New York City with worldwide stake in infrastructure assets, has been reported to be the new owner of the London Gatwick Airport.

The son of an 86-year old professor of medicine has presided over a great number of sweet deals that made him the envy of his peers abroad even if his forays into the brisk world multi-billion dollars deals are barely talked about in his home country.

Ogunlesi's latest deal is the much talked about acquisition of the London Gatwick Airport. The Gatwick deal is a £1.455 billion agreement with BAA Airports Limited.

discuss

I guess since BAA were made to sell off one (or more I can't remember exactly) of their airports. It was only a matter of time before literaturally anyone came & put their money up.

/

Tbh this is one of a few times I'd say f*ck the competition/anti monopoly laws cause BAA have been doing an excellent job imo bar a few issues here & there.

lol@ that trim. looks similar to a friend's dad as well. the only thing connecting nigeria to this sale or purchase though is that the head of the equity firm happens to be nigerian. its not a 'nigerian' or any country's take over per say. GIP is part of credit suisse and GE and private investors.