Arsh: We Wont Win Title

Mr. Gayle

JUST when Arsenal were starting to actually believe they could win the Premier League, along comes Andrey Arshavin with a deadly strike.Arshavin is the Arsenal hitman who celebrates scoring goals by putting his finger over his lips, indicating for people to be quiet.Well the hush around the Emirates this morning will be deafening as Arsenal players and staff read just what the Russian star genuinely thinks of their chances.The Gunners have battled back from devastating bad luck and injuries to stand two points off leaders Manchester United, with what is widely regarded as the easiest run of games until the end of the season.Not only that, they have a mouth-watering Champions League quarter-final against Barcelona on the horizon.But Arshavin, 28, is not convinced his side is up to the challenge - and insists the club are paying the price for not signing enough players last summer.Thomas Vermaelen was the only pre-season arrival in a £10million deal from Ajax while Sol Campbell signed on a free transfer in January.Yet despite a string of injuries to stars like Robin Van Persie, William Gallas, Aaron Ramsey and Kieran Gibbs, Arsenal are still second in the table.Arshavin said: "I am still of the opinion that to win trophies Arsenal needs more players."There is the simple fact that last summer we sold two players and bought only one. So there is an obvious deficit of at least one. Then we lost Van Persie, Gibbs and Ramsey for a long time. So for me it is natural we need new players."Without the variety of players we have less diversity in attack. That allows our opponents to read our combinations more easily. Finally, it results in less ball possession for us and our defence comes under more pressure."The Premier League is very interesting, at least as long as we continue fighting to win it. But without new experienced players, real stars, it will be difficult to achieve success."Ideally we need three or four such experienced players and then among our youths there should be guys who are not only good at playing football but have real character."AdvertisementArshavin, who signed from Zenit St Petersburg a year ago, admits he has yet to reach the heights of other overseas players such as Cesc Fabregas, Fernando Torres or Didier Drogba.But he added: "I do not have a sense of stability in my game. I feel I can match them and sometimes when I catch some inspiration I show performances that are on the same level or close to them. But I am still not as consistent as them."Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2904630/Andrey-Arshavin-Arsenal-wont-win-the-title.html#ixzz0j5vQkwqv

See if Arshavin said this come end of trophyless season, I dont think anyone would have any qualms and he'd be within his right to say it, but to say it now I dunno.I prefered Campbell's comments, where you can just see he's reminding man we aint won sh*t yet and not to get carried away whatsoever.

Arsène Wenger is not concerned by comments attributed to Andrey Arshavin recently - because the quotes were taken from an interview conducted much earlier in the season. Reports on Wednesday suggested that the Russian had claimed Arsenal needed to sign "three or four experienced players" in order to win trophies. However, Wenger chose to ignore the story, claiming that the interview was conducted at the end of last year."I did not read that [interview]," said the manager. "I think it was an old interview which has come to surface again in some newspapers who had a problem to find some news."It was a very old interview after the injury of Robin Van Persie, and we panicked a bit. It is not a recent interview."
However Ramey is in the quotation...

• 1 month later...
Arsenal star Andrey Arshavin still has heart set on Barcelona move after marvelling at Champions League maulingAndrey Arshavin admits he still dreams of playing for Barcelona. The Arsenal forward made no secret of his love for the Catalans before leaving Zenit St Petersburg for the Gunners 15 months ago and is now even more in awe of them.'If I played just a year in Barcelona it would be the pinnacle of my career,' said the 28-year-old.njured Arshavin played no part in the second leg of his side's 4-1 quarter-final defeat by the European champions and suffered mixed feelings at a magical display by Lionel Messi and Xavi.'Barca are the best team in the world and I enjoy their style of play so much,' he said. 'But after watching them against Arsenal the enjoyment has quickly turned into sorrow.'Barca, is seems to me, are now so far ahead of any other club.'However, even Barca are fallible and Arshavin puts the 3-1 semi-final first leg defeat by Inter Milan down to one man: Jose Mourinho.'Mourinho is magic,' said the Russia international.'When the coach is a genius, he can beat any other team, even those who are stronger. I believe there are three ideal coaches for Russia: (Fabio) Capello, Mourinho and (Guus) Hiddink.'(Arsenal boss Arsène) Wenger is also a good coach, but the Russian team is better suited to the other three.'I can't imagine Wenger outside of Arsenal. I think it's impossible. He is more than a coach. He works not only with the team, but also shapes the club.'He's not only responsible for what happens on the pitch on Saturdays and Wednesdays, but for everything else - how the club works, who they buy, virtually what sponsorship contracts are signed and where to go for pre-season training. He conducts everything!'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1269097/Arsenal-star-Andrey-Arshavin-heart-set-Barcelona-marvelling-Champions-League-mauling.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Guardiola would never have him there. Doesn't have the work ethic/mentality for the team.Pisses me off that AA is important to our team, guy isn't down for the cause.
Isn't good enough ability-wise, never mind his work ethic.
c/swhere is he when he aint battering us
Before he got injured (tryna foul next man like a muppet), he was having a shocking end to the season. He was skying balls and scuffing every other shot he wasn't punting over.He needs to get his down in training instead of acting like Mario Balotelli-Lite.

Guardiola would never have him there. Doesn't have the work ethic/mentality for the team.Pisses me off that AA is important to our team, guy isn't down for the cause.
:D When Arshavin is on-point, he could play on the LW slot for Barcelona, but like I said, he doesn't have the work ethic nor mentality to play under Guardiola.Lol at his actual ability being called into question.

thisand he's mr blobby. guy is fat as f*ckpmsl at the conditioning of arsenal players bendtner took his shirt off the other day seriously these guys need to hit the gymsome feeble squad