Super 6 Boxing

Aquaman

Kool. missed this but caught it on youtube last nightThoughts? Valid DQFarcical imo. Abraham started slow but imo landed ALL the impressive shots SMH @ the ref not counting a clear as day KD for AbrahamDirrell was more pos then against Froch but still I hate his pitty pat styleDoes little to no damage, the masses want to see exciting knockouts I don't like his style tbh. DQ was silly AA should know better then that. but i think the disallowed KD played a partTBH im rating AA more than before I reckon he'll destroy anyone else in the compstill lol matrix2.gif

I felt robbed on an epic finale.the fight was going pretty much as expected with Dirrell dominating the majority of the fight by being more active and boxing smart, the question was always whether could he maintain his focus and discipline for 12 rounds without AA landing some big shots.I thought Dirrell was very slick for the most part and was too evasive for AA but there were a few times early on when he was backing out of exchanges with his hands down and AA was millimetres from landing, I was saying to myself he's eventually gonna get caught with a big shot.The KD for Dirrell was a nice shot but I don't think AA was hurt at all, the other time AA went down was rightly ruled not a KD, looked like he pushed him rather than actually punched him.The time Dirrell went down was a KD imo but I can see why it was ruled as a trip, I thought Dirrell was hurt at that point and AA was beginning to shift the momentum of the fight in his favour. The ref was a bit dodgy in my opinion, there was one point in the fight when AA had Dirrell in the corner and the ref came in with some bullshit elbows call and split them up. Towards the end AA started to open up more and I was really looking forward to the last few rounds to see whether he could land a big shot but then the DQ happened. I think it was a justified DQ but I think Dirrell made the most of it.I think this is a wake up call for AA which is bad news for the rest of the fighters, I don't think he'll leave it so late to open up in fights after this fight.

There was alot of people fighting this weekend I'm please someone made a topic.Agree with all that has been said about AA v AD.. AD and Andre Ward are new gen boxers, loads of the Americans are fighting like this nowdays. Its the amateur/pro hybrid style and it looks good but relies on everything but power, its also kinda boring for 12 rounds.I think AA was a proper d*ckhead in the post fight interview, he could have just stayed quiet but he evidently had a chip on his shoulder over his first loss.Agree AA will make a fool of Froch. I can see Dirrell or Ward winning this, unless one of them makes a mistake and takes a bomb from one of the big hitters./Danny Jacobs, Gamboa and Morales all won also.

Thing is, Dirrell should be 2 for 2 in this as opposed to the 1 win and both times hes been very impressive (apart from the running, which i mentioned in the other thread) however its gonna be interesting to see how he comes back from this. A knockout is a knockout and once its happened, regardless of the fighter, they're never the same again. It doesnt even matter if people think he milked it or what not (which, personally, after seeing it a few times im quite sceptical as to how sincere he was) but still, its a knockout that obviously hurt him and most definitely will do in the long run.I liked Abraham aswell but after this and the way he dealt with it he really is a c*nt and i feel sorry for Dirrell. Hoping he can come back from it properly but I do think it'll leave him scarred.Overall, the fight was very good and was set to have an exciting ending with Dirrell getting tired and Abraham, coincidently, knowing he needed a knockout./Maidana is a monster!

Thing is, Dirrell should be 2 for 2 in this as opposed to the 1 win and both times hes been very impressive (apart from the running, which i mentioned in the other thread) however its gonna be interesting to see how he comes back from this. A knockout is a knockout and once its happened, regardless of the fighter, they're never the same again. It doesnt even matter if people think he milked it or what not (which, personally, after seeing it a few times im quite sceptical as to how sincere he was) but still, its a knockout that obviously hurt him and most definitely will do in the long run.I liked Abraham aswell but after this and the way he dealt with it he really is a c*nt and i feel sorry for Dirrell. Hoping he can come back from it properly but I do think it'll leave him scarred.Overall, the fight was very good and was set to have an exciting ending with Dirrell getting tired and Abraham, coincidently, knowing he needed a knockout./Maidana is a monster!
Not sure I agree with this KO statement. Dirrell's reaction was delayed. He slipped before it, so I dont think it'll effect him as much as youre making out tbh. Could have a point, but I'm sceptial at the moment.

Lol he deffo acted- he was tired the jab was no longer popping- AA was landing shots, dirrell felt a couple and wanted out asap- AA is the dan in those late roundshe slipped, got hit and the moment of realisation was priceless, i suggest u watch back cause its a [prez t]laugh and joke[/prez t]dirrell deffo won though, but i think AA could of KO'd in the last 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Froch fighting kessler on saturdayi know certain guys try and chat sh*t about him cos he "has no skill etc"but imo, he deserves a great amount of respect, because what he lacks in skill he makes up for with tremendous heart,power,determination and staminai personally think he has a slept on jab, and i wouldnt say he is unskillful, he is just unorthodox, reminds me of Rocky Marciano tbh26-0, with an 80% ko recordNOBODY CAN HATE ON THAT

I was a big Froch fan til I saw the video the other week about him talking about his "very tough upbringing", then I lost a lot of respect for him. Up 'til then I thought his interviews were all a bit tongue-in-cheek, but this was just plain moronic.Choice quotes included:"My dad was quite strict, but not too strict""My bike got stolen once and I had to chase after them to get it back""...the area had a lot of...erm...ethnic minorities, you know, like...erm...black people...and erm...mixed-race people. I didn't live there though, but I had a friend who did and I'd hang out there sometimes you know."

how you know he didnt have a tough upbringing ?/however the last quote is f*ckin neeky if he said that
I don't know him personally and I don't know what went on in his home, but I know the area he grew up in and it is not what most would consider an especially 'tough' area to grow up in and also because the examples/proof he gave of what made his childhood tough were laughable. They were examples of any normal working/middle class childhood.Eg. "I went to a normal state school, I never went to a private school" "If you went in the shop and left your bike outside, chances are someone would try and nick it"I am still v. biased towards him as a fighter but it can't be denied he's a bit of a plank

Froch interview with the Guardian:http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/apr/20/carl-froch-interview-boxing

I believe my grandma is watching over me and I draw strength from that. I get that from my mum. She watches those programmes on Living TV. She thinks there're ghosts floating around. I say, 'Mum, it's not real' but she loves it. She'd do a seance tomorrow if she could."
Why didn't he opt for any anaesthetic? "I don't believe in drugs. When I had a knee reconstruction I woke up in horrific pain. My knee was on a machine that was meant to bend my leg straight and this nurse stood over me. She said: 'You've just had a major operation – have some morphine.' I said: 'Don't put that sh*t in my veins.'"
But I probably read too much. I read a book called The Optimum Nutrition Bible by Patrick Holford. And now I don't go to the doctor – ever.
We're guinea pigs at the moment – eating genetically modified food. But it's organic all the way for me and Rachael."
PMMSSSLLLLLFroch >>>>>>>>>> Froch
  • Upvote 1

@ jas - how can u read what he said in that interview and think otherwise?@ juan - september my visa is up but i been seeing this american girl i'm trying to get her to let me impregnate her so i can get a green card i'll let u know how it goes mate. training is ok but my coach is with danny jacobs alot more now since he's really pushing for some belts this yr. also they took my passbook because of my visa expiring soon so they are not letting me fight amateur atm.. cunts.