Cyborg - Artificial Evolution...For or Against?

spiderman

Orite gonna try sumin different here and see how far a legitimate discussion can go on this forum...

seeing as technology is always improving and their building more and more powerful computers every year, we know that eventually the processing power will be high enough to match that of the human brain.

at the same point in time (give or take) the electricial language of the brain will have been mostly decoded and in theory with the two we could create a computer that processes like our brain.....

in short its opens the possibility to human/CPU interfaces. this would have many implications, but what do YOU think this would mean? if it happened in your lifetime and it got the global push for people to be able to choose to incorporate computers and other enhancements, would u be for it or against? ethics vs science...vs survival?

the idea has been building in my head for a while due to several factors. most recently i found after excercising my limbs were aching a bit and i was feelin tierd, as you do. Needed to do sumin after but ended up just resting for a while cos i was quite tierd and it got me thinking....it would be good if i didnt get tired, physically or mentally. would be better if i was stronger, mentally (smarter) and physically....

im not in a position to argue against however many million years of nature and evolution thats lead up to our species, but overall just looking at it from a distance......the human design can be a bit primative.

satanic sh*t imo. firstly whoever develops the sh*t first would confine it to themselves/ use it for military purposes - imagine the f*ckery americans or chinese would pull out with if they had them powers. secondly even if it was created by some internationalist cabal of benevolent scientists not everyone would agree to it and the a.i. ppl would end up oppressing the old skool humans (whether they intend to or not. theres only finite resources on the planet and they would use them for themselves). basically u might think its progressive to embrace future technology but all it would do is open the door to new kinds of oppression /brutalisation i.e. next level darwinism.

ye it would be descrimination to some NEXT degree. cyborgs vs the not so previllaged..."orgs" lol.

i think fundamentally our issue is with out pyscology and sociology then, its not robust or strong enough to handle such advances appropriately, not to mention that this is basically playing God (in terms of evolution anyways). same thing for gene manipulation, it wouldnt be used properly and its a God like power which as a species we couldnt measure up to such a responsibility.

think we need to change our basic way of thinking and culture i suppose to ever consider this kind of stuff feasable.

gene manipulation

hmm

i agree with trying to get rid of things such as sickle cell, etc. because whereas these people would die instead medical advances have allowed their survival and the spread of these bad genes; survival of the fittest is no longer true

however, i draw the line at sh*t like deciding what your baby will look like ,etc. and knowing western culture, especially america, this is ultimately what would happen

also if people could dabble in gene manipulation, we could essentially rape the natural world for all the good genes produced by nature...

the lifespan of the turtle to live a hundred years, but to never age. or have the same strength-to-mass ratio as an ant....it really is playing God.

Guest Esquilax

I think it would be counter productive to say no tbh, as the most intelligent life forms on this planet I think we have an obligation to excel beyond natures' capabilites and make ourselves better and better

f*ckin with genes can only be a bad idea.

on the face of it i'm sure they'll say we can eliminate this and that which have plagued mankind etc

but im sure something more sinister will be happening in the background.

the complexities of genes etc and all that is part of what makes us individuals, something too powerful too mess with i think.

i reckon we might loose our humanity if we made a transition to become cyborgs. eventually we would want to be completely inorganic to further reduce the weaknesses of nature. i dunno if im for losing some things, like being able to eat and have sex for one :lol:

but i dunno, theres a lot of benefits and most things are worth the sacrifice. i suppose the design would have to be some hybrid of machine and animal that has restrictions on how much of a "machine" it could be. altho just considering that, its sounds like sum idealogy that could never be put into practice.

also if we became total inorganic, sure we wouldnt get biological diseases etc but machines arent prone to problems. relying entirely on circuitry just leave you open to the effects of magnetism. for example it would mean that a strong enough magnetic pulse could leave you inoperable if not kill you. so for that reason alone i reckon we got to be weary of the level of inorganic dependance we imply, if we do...

thinking about it, why didnt they just do that in terminator in their little war. over the years they could of easily managed to build something that could of caused a strong enough magnetic flux to destroy circuitry lol. i guess it wouldnt make it such a good film if thats all it took to defeat the machines.

LOL i knew sumone was gonna draw for the weed card.

yes i smoke weed, but i wasnt high at all when i made this thread or when i thought about most of the things to do with this. its got nuffin to do with that.

corse weed will open your mind to think about things in more depth than normal, but thats only if you have a mind to think with in the first place, i.e all those cliche ideas of people high having crazy thoughts are just bullshit stereotypes. weed doesnt create (crazy) ideas, it only highlight the ideas already in your head.....and for some who are quite unorthodox it will make them seem crazy about their ideas.