VOTE FOR THE THIRD GUY!

Mr. Martinez

The election is almost upon us, and as we get closer and closer, my frustration with the governance of this country intensifies more and more. You only have to watch 5 minutes of Parliament TV to see the above thought justified by this country’s leaders.

Cameron asks Brown why information relating to his plans on raiding the country’s pot of state-pensions has been blocked by government for over a year. Brown responds saying it is up to the information commissioner to provide this information. Cameron says the information commissioner has already said it should be made public, so asks the prime minister if he will now release the information. Brown completely avoids the question.

Where ‘raiding this country’s pot of state-pensions’, you could pretty much insert any issue on-going in our country today. Where, Brown, you could insert Cameron, and where Cameron, you could insert Brown.

The harsher truth however is that the similarities between labour and conservative don’t just lie in their inability to answer a question. It’s extremely difficult to make a decision on who the best party to take this country forward is. At least a well-considered one, when you think about the complexities of a very badly managed economy, the further complexities of how to get out of it, and that’s just the tip of an incredibly steep iceberg.

One theme however that does seem slightly refreshing, currently being thrown into the mix by a liberal democrat or two, is the question of transparency, the question of holding government accountable in the 21st century. This is how we will get our country being run for the interests of the country. It is this and only this way in which we can progress after the election regardless of who’s in charge. They must be made to know that we care about what they’re doing with our Britain.

And even though only 2 out of my 56 currently online friends know who Nick Clegg is, I urge everyone to vote for him, if only to support his stance on restoring confidence in the public and handing the power back to Britain. As Barack Obama said; “If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost”.

http://bit.ly/cgHHHc

What do you guys think?

Clegg is not a strong enough leader he proved that by not narrowing the gap enough between Labour, this election was his best chance and he has not done enough to make the Lib Dems look good in a bad couple years for politics.

TBH i wouldnt wanna die but if i had to choose out of in my sleep (lib dems), getting shot (labour) and getting burnt (tories) or getting tortured by jack bauer i would take the best out of a bad situation which would be in my sleep.....

It really doesn't matter who is IN government

if things stay the way they are

then it still won't won't matter who is in government

Vote for lib dem

push for an accountable government

take away their absolute power, that has been absolutely corrupting and destroying this country for decades

but yea lib dem aren't ready to run this country come on

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe after yesterday's debate people can understand what I mean...

...The fact they were discussing reforming the house of lords, making goverment more transparent and accountable

those things are really the important issues man

when either labour or conservative get into power, these so called promises they're making, the ones they're asking you to make your decision on, none of them will matter.

circumstances will change, a report will come out, etc etc, and conservatives/labour will just do whatever the f*ck they want

its what always happens after an election

the changes that are important are those being proposed by lib dems

and thats what we should all vote for tbh.

I will vote Lim Dem not people I align myself totally with their policies, but purely as a "protest vote" against the evil that is David Cameron.

On value I dont think Gordon Brown has done such a bad job considering what he inherited from Blair i.e Iraq/Afgan war and a shaky economy.

Guest M12 Part 2

does anyone else think they need to implement a 1,2,3 type scoring system. so you can pick more that one party. Cos a lotta people are going to pick either labour or cons but given the choice i think lib dems would be most peoples 2nd choice