Cesc Fabregas "My leg is broken - and I feel broken inside too."

MrJibbles

MY LEG is broken - and I feel broken inside too.The penalty I scored against Barcelona could be my last act as an Arsenal player this season.But I have to cling to the hope that we can get through at the Nou Camp, win our semi-final and I might be fit for the Champions League final.That might be asking a lot but it is my dream and what I pray for. We have come so far together this season I don't want it to end like this.When Carles Puyol fouled me to concede the penalty all I could think about was to grab the ball put it on the penalty spot and hit it as hard as I could.The adrenalin must have been flowing through me so strongly because I didn't feel any pain as I smashed the ball past Victor Valdes.But as soon as I ran to collect the ball to take it back to the centre-spot I was in agony.I could barely walk. I knew it was serious but I had to stay on for the sake of the team as we had used all our substitutes.I already knew I couldn't play in the return at the Nou Camp anyway because of the booking I got earlier in the game.That was a real sickener at the time and I don't mind admitting I felt a bit sorry for myself for a couple of minutes.I had been dreaming of playing for Arsenal at the Nou Camp - it's all part of the magic of us being drawn against Barcelona.I've never disguised how special the club is to me and I desperately wanted to be there and give a performance fit for such a wonderful stadium.I thought the booking was harsh and I made a fair tackle. But I had to put my personal disappointment behind me and try and get us back into the match.I've heard the questions about whether it was the right thing for me to play because I was doubtful right up to the kick-off.I wanted to play and although I knew I wasn't 100 per cent fit I believed I could do a job for us. And I felt reasonably good until Puyol caught me.Some people think I may have even broken the leg against Birmingham a week earlier - and, to be honest, I just don't know.Yes, it's in exactly the same spot but I didn't go into the game against Barcelona thinking: 'My leg's broken'.But it's true I was desperate to play and I would do it all over again.The Champions League is a big trophy, one we are desperate to win. And beating Barcelona would make us worthy champions if we went all the way.People are still writing us off but Barcelona have problems with their centre-backs Puyol and Gerard Pique both missing.It will be pretty amazing if we can do it but it is possible.I'm like our manager, I have great faith in my team-mates.And I don't accept our chances are over in the Premier League either. We are at home to Wolves today and if we win we will still be in the title race.It would of course help if Manchester United and Chelsea could draw!There are a lot of twists and turns in this season yet and we have players who can make things happen.I'm heartbroken I can't be one of them now - but nobody will be cheering us on louder from the touchline.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/Fab_Column/2918927/Cesc-Fabregas-My-leg-is-broken-and-so-am-I.html#ixzz0k0xvw1L9