General Election Topic

Mr Q

the best thing to do is to vote lib dem imo, because this way there will be a good balance of power.

hopefully enough people will vote them to win more seats and play a more important role in govt

both parties will need to listen to lib dems, and i think thats a true healthy change that british politics needs.

in everything else in life people alway cry out for more CHOICE, yet when it comes to politics that governs their lives and their future they rule choice out :/ dont get that.

the campaigning in this country is so friggin boring though.

For real.

Politics is f*cked up in a way.

We place so much emphasis on image and likeability as a person that we've made Politics no different than a school popularity competition.

If a man has a way with words (...that he doesn't actually write) but no solid policies in place chances are he'll get elected, I couldn't give a f*ck if the PM had the stage presence of Gareth Gates and was f*ck*ng his secretary if he had the right policies to benefit most people in the country.

• Upvote 2

who seen the guy on the news hecklin Gordon Brown, about how come my children didnt get in the state school of their choice Gordon

tellin the news man they have to move house now because of this, is the second choice school reallly that far away

guy was embarrasing himself

who seen the guy on the news hecklin Gordon Brown, about how come my children didnt get in the state school of their choice Gordon

tellin the news man they have to move house now because of this, is the second choice school reallly that far away

when you pay a significant amout of tax maybe youll be able to empathise with him.

why should he have to settle for a sh*t second choice school for his kids.

The guy who heckled Brown is a doughnut, you don't get the attention of the most powerful man in the country by raving like a lunatic.

I apart from economics, I really don't see why people feel that Conservatives are right for the government, they are far from a party to bring drastic changes in the areas that are needed (amongst the poor).

Also, a coalition government will more than likely get nothing done. Reminiscent of Italy.

when you pay a significant amout of tax maybe youll be able to empathise with him.

whatever his problem is

heckling isn't the answer, unstable movements

that behaviour isn't justified

and i pay tax like everyone else who works

dno what u mean about significant, are people who pay more tax entitled to better services?

the man overreacted big time, his wifes probably shakin her head right now

So basically everyone is entitled to their first choice, simple arithmetic dictates that isn't possible.

I bet half the people on this forum didn't get their 1st choice school, it's tough.

• Upvote 4

jjus coz black people dnt care about schooolin dnt mean the rest of us dnt either

the man was right 2heckle the elected politician

gordon was shameful ignoring him

he wasnt even elected. if he wasnt such a coward he wouldve called for a public vote far earlier.

@Samiad. I understand not everyone gets their first school choice but why should he sit back and be passive when its his kids education thats being sacrificed. Middle class people also have a right to be pissed off with the system too. why say that he was embarrasing himself when he was just vocalling his fristrations with the labour government

i don't care if he is middle class or working class or what

seems to be some tone coming from these couple posts you've made

significant tax, middle class people having a right to be pissed off, chip on ur shoulder?

what he did isn't a solution to his problem, or a reasonable way to behave over such an issue

jjus coz black people dnt care about schooolin dnt mean the rest of us dnt either

the man was right 2heckle the elected politician

gordon was shameful ignoring him

he wasnt even elected. if he wasnt such a coward he wouldve called for a public vote far earlier.

@Samiad. I understand not everyone gets their first school choice but why should he sit back and be passive when its his kids education thats being sacrificed. Middle class people also have a right to be pissed off with the system too. why say that he was embarrasing himself when he was just vocalling his fristrations with the labour government

if you don't get into your first choice you APPEAL

my brother did it for my nephew and even bianca off eastenders is gonna appeal

you don't act like a psycho

nothing to do with labour government tbh. you think if conservatives get elected everyone will get their first choice? new schools will sprout out from the ground? lol

Lol at that guy on the news blatently on the tory pay roll with them publicty stunts

Lol at mentioning education and tories in the same sentence when they rejected essential school reform policys yesterday

Only people who should vote tory are rich land owners. To many people think they r middle class when they are not. Just because

You earn 40k + a year and are paying a mortgage don’t mean your moving. These middle class/upper class f*cks can spend £80,000 and it will be nothing to them

The middle class beggers can never do stuff like that and are looked down as rubbish by the torys.

• Upvote 2

The institute of fiscal studies have looked at conservatives proposal to save £12 billion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/08/reality-check-conservatives-national-insurance

Fair enough, it can't be proper analysed until they actually say how they are going to do it but, if they (IFS) are right, then a vote for conservatives are only going to make our public schools worse.

Lol at that guy on the news blatently on the tory pay roll with them publicty stunts

Lol at mentioning education and tories in the same sentence when they rejected essential school reform policys yesterday

Only people who should vote tory are rich land owners. To many people think they r middle class when they are not. Just because

You earn 40k + a year and are paying a mortgage don’t mean your moving. These middle class/upper class f*cks can spend £80,000 and it will be nothing to them

The middle class beggers can never do stuff like that and are looked down as rubbish by the torys.

preach

• 4 weeks later...