The Wikileaks Situation

Guest Medic

Guest Medic

Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on http://collateralmurder.com

This is messed.

Guest Intervention

my mind is fully warped

all I could think of is

'enemy apache in abound'

'he should have used cold blooded pro'

'he got spawn trapped'

etc

Not good

its sickening the way they talk

and it escalates so quickly

i think hes armed....we have 8 guys with ak47s

is that an rpg?....they are firing rpgs...kill them all

people are taking away their bodies....kill them all too

but at the same time i dont blame these guys, they are trained to kill, and someone sleep at night, then go home, and turn back into normal people?!?!?

Guest Esquilax

Pretty awful, but C/S the realities of war (even if it's an unjust one)

These soldiers aren't any guys like you or I, they're out there doing that sh*t because they have the ability to murder indiscriminately for the 'greater good'

And yeah, his killstreak is saying a lot.

this is their mentality.

i was out on a pier in manhattan with my girl on the weekend it was a sunny day and we were just looking out on the water at the boats etc.

she says "look there is a seal, how cute" etc.. and I was thinking "yh thats pretty cool" the seal was just laying on a piece of wood near the pier catching some sun

then this yank overhears her, walks over and says in my direction

"HEY BUDDY U GOT A BOW AND ARROW? ANYONE GOT A BOW AND ARROW TO SHOOT IT?"

I just walked off like :Y: prick

that is fully f*cked up, how can their decision to fire be based on a vague assumption, that camera isn't clear enough for them to distinctly recognize what the objects were

although...i'm not really surprised that this sort of thing happens

the thing that irked me the most was the way they were jesting about the situation like it's anything

'i think he just ran over a body' 'really' 'yeah' the guy just defiled a corpse and this guy is speaking about it like they stepped on a bug

disgusting

its not about immaturity, its about belief

people are going out and fighting for the country's economic benefit in the belief that they are protecting our country from a physical threat of attack

Nah mate I reckon you thought I was talking about something I wasn't talking about there to be honest.

I was talking TO esquilax about his two posts he made after mine.