The Only Child Thread

BLACK VICTIM

..we got spoilt, never had to share, and had everything revolving around us amirite? f*ck off

someone said the other day "only children are always abit wierd and quiet probably because they had no one to talk to, look at _____" i was like what you think im wierd they were like "nah nah not you, only most of them" like we are creatures or sth i agree some only children are socially inept and bad at making friends but that is down to upbringing

I was never spoiled its not all rosey being only child

loneliness as a child, in relationships, in life, there was no-one to share with as a child, everything fell on my shoulders. I wonder if theres a connection with not actually asking for help and being an only child, whether you feel like you’re suppose to just deal with it on your own because you always have done

on the plus side higher intelligence, creativity, maturity, independance etc my lonely childem know the deal already

Thoughts on only children or being one?

they are generally weird. i suppose its cos they only ahve contact with other kids in school and it stunts their social development.

my god son is an only child

before he was a teen he couldn't relate to any of the other school kids. He was always around jamming with us and people a lot older than him so he was a lot more intelligent than his peers. While other kids were talking about toys and cartoons at 3-4 he was firing up the Apple Mac. Always felt kind of sorry for him. In his teens he seems fine now though.

Im not an only child, but there was such a large age difference in my siblings and I, that in many ways I was.

Wonderful imagination, creative but I agree with Samiad on the either selfish or over generous, one of my flaws is over generous and too trusting of people and always giving people seconds chances.

But oh well, it is what it is.

Never had a relationship with my brother and spent little to zero time with him so was essentially an only child.

but

Most people are chatting sh*t.

Some of the most social people I know are only children. It's how you're raised and what your parents expose you to early on (i.e. big family gatherings, enrol you in football teams, take you to clubs etc.)

If you're raised around a lot of people like that and are from a social family, you'll be the same.

I'm an only child and this is one of many reasons why I thank god for being black and having an extended family

I have 8 cousins who live in EN1 and N9 respectively the furtherest one is in en1 and that is still only a 10 minute walk the ones in N9 is a 5 minute walk

So personally i've never felt like like a proper only child cuz of the amount of time i would stay over my cousins yards they would come over to mine etc if i was ever bored or lonley i would just call and walk over used to call my cousins yards my second homes

edit: c/s the needing time alone more than others bit but with that comes the fact that i can entertain myself for a whole day if i need too which is a good thing imo

only live with my mum so i didn't get spoilt smfh

Im not an only child, but there was such a large age difference in my siblings and I, that in many ways I was.

Wonderful imagination, creative but I agree with Samiad on the either selfish or over generous, one of my flaws is over generous and too trusting of people and always giving people seconds chances.

But oh well, it is what it is.

:lol:

f*ck off luv we all know u crave attention

c/s dst lone wolf

i am an only child. everyone goes on about only children being spoilt materially; yeah, that might be the case for some, but being spoilt with attention isn't all that imo. everything is always about you; if you do something wrong, it's magnified x 10 because there's no-one else to concentrate on. you have to succeed in life; if you fail, you've basically f*cked things up for everyone. i worry about when my parents get old; how will i cope with looking after 2 people on my own? it's a heavy burden.