Your Teams Summer Transfer Plans

Mame Biram Diouf

Paul Scholes has signed a new one-year contract with reigning Premier League champions Manchester United.

The experienced midfielder will now remain part of the set-up at Old Trafford until at least the summer of 2011.

The 35-year-old has spent his entire career to date with the Red Devils, having graduated out of United's famed youth academy.

Having made his first-team debut way back in September 1994, he has almost 16 years senior experience under his belt.

Despite having curtailed his forward-thinking game over recent reasons he remains an integral part of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans and is regularly included in big games.

United are understandably delighted that Scholes has now agreed to extend his association with the club, dashing any suggestion that the former England international was contemplating retirement.

Enjoyment

"We are delighted Paul is staying on for another year," Ferguson told the club's official website.

"His form this year indicates his ability and his enjoyment of the game are as strong as ever, that's every reason to stay on.

"There was talk about him wanting to retire, but when you see his enjoyment in training and playing you can see how much he wants to carry on."

Scholes has reiterated that he still feels capable of competing at the highest level and has expressed his pleasure at penning a new deal.

He said: "I am pleased to have signed for another year. I am feeling good and enjoying my football.

"I would like to thank the boss, the coaching staff and also the fans for their continued support."

Hes been sh*t this season

We aint signing a mid.

I'd rather he just say we're broke and we're gonna try to make do with what we've got instead of trying to gas his supporters like that.

Hopefully some of our kids step up and save us next season cause I'm not really expecting anything great in the transfer window.

Summers gonna be the Final straw really. Same as Zak said I could handle us not having heaps of cash to buy players but when man keeps claiming the Ronaldo money is sat there it's deciet if it doesn't get used in this window. David Villa is there for the taking f*ck Berbatov and Carrick off to make this deal happen.

Guest M12 Part 2

Ive come to the consclusion Alex Ferguson now thinks hes maanging Arsenal. I think Berbatov is the last big name player over 25 we are gonna see him buy.

I have a strong feeling this summer is gonna be Milner, Lloris & 1 or 2 more unknown youngers

we need a new striker but tbh between welbeck, macheda,diouf & hernandez someone should be able to level up enough to make a difference

I'd rather he just say we're broke and we're gonna try to make do with what we've got instead of trying to gas his supporters like that.

Hopefully some of our kids step up and save us next season cause I'm not really expecting anything great in the transfer window.

Same but most of our fans are buying it.

Hope so. Apparently Cleverly has got a promotion to the first team.

Guest M12 Part 2

Wasn't it Darren Ferguson who was talking about Cleverely saying he knows theres no chance of getting him as Alex has big plans for him in the Team next year.

+ Do not want Milner.

cleverley is good but gibson is far ahead of him in development. I really doubt hes gonna come back from championship and start showering down the prem week in, week out. i think gibson will move up a level and cleverley will fill his role.

United will be better next year simply cos they've had a year together now under this new style and will have a full squad. vidic and rio didnt play most of this season. O'shea's hardly kicked a ball. Hargreaves is only just coming back now. Anderson's another one whos done nothing this year. These are all guys who should make a difference not to mention like i said this crop of youngers. At least 1 has to come good next year. I even forgot to include Obertan.

/

Cleverley was always in the first team laid back. He just didnt make many squads

Most fans will always believe Fergies bullshit.

despite the fact that i'd say 75% of the things he says to the fans is either a lie or just said to support his own intrests.

been the case for a very long time.

the reason why he can get away with bullshitting people all the time is because just like with the Glazer situation most fans just say ohh lets wait and see, and the fact the see him as god helps aswell.

Great manager, but a lying fraud prick of a man quite simply,

people had been saying it for years the penny only dropped for me in 2005.

hope to christ Cleverly can step up, coz i cant see us making the amazing match winning signing we all want and need.

i've gotta say i'm still quite suprised that he wont spend big this summer as the bond thing went through an we should have a good ammount of cash to spend for this season

Turn this into transfer rumors thread.

Skysports.com understands West Ham striker Carlton Cole is a surprise target for German giants Bayern Munich.

Cole has caught the eye of Bayern's scouts after impressing for West Ham over the last few seasons.

The former Chelsea man has netted nine goals this season and he has established himself in Fabio Capello's England plans.

Bayern are thought to be keen on reshaping their ageing squad and Cole is one of a number of players on their summer shopping list.

Cole, who is believed to have attracted the interest of Arsenal and Liverpool during the January transfer window, is a key member of Gianfranco Zola's squad and has been instrumental in their recent improved form.

The 26-year-old's priority is believed to be on securing West Ham's survival and pushing for a place in England's squad for this summer's World Cup finals.

West Ham would be loath to lose Cole, but could face a battle to keep hold of the powerful frontman if Bayern follow up their interest this summer.

GOAL.COM

Following recent reports suggesting Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov could be set to swap the Premier League for Serie A this summer, the player’s agent has publicly denied suggestions his client is looking for a move away from Old Trafford.

“I can say that my client will remain in England with Manchester United into the next season," Emil Dantchev told Fcinternews.

Reports in Italy have suggested both Milan clubs are interested in the Bulgarian international, with Inter ready to accept a Berbatov-plus-cash offer for teenage misfit Mario Balotelli while AC Milan are ready to throw out-of-favour Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar into the bargain.

Berbatov has had to endure some heavy criticism since making his £30.5 million move from Tottenham Hotspur but despite interest from Serie A and, reportedly, Bayern Munich, the 29-year-old appears set to stay in Manchester for the time being.

“Dimitar has a contract to be complied with at Manchester United and he has no reason to consider transfers to other teams. He is happy at United," Dantchev confirmed.

Guest El Padrino

GOAL.COM

Following recent reports suggesting Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov could be set to swap the Premier League for Serie A this summer, the player’s agent has publicly denied suggestions his client is looking for a move away from Old Trafford.

“I can say that my client will remain in England with Manchester United into the next season," Emil Dantchev told Fcinternews.

Reports in Italy have suggested both Milan clubs are interested in the Bulgarian international, with Inter ready to accept a Berbatov-plus-cash offer for teenage misfit Mario Balotelli while AC Milan are ready to throw out-of-favour Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar into the bargain.

Berbatov has had to endure some heavy criticism since making his £30.5 million move from Tottenham Hotspur but despite interest from Serie A and, reportedly, Bayern Munich, the 29-year-old appears set to stay in Manchester for the time being.

“Dimitar has a contract to be complied with at Manchester United and he has no reason to consider transfers to other teams. He is happy at United," Dantchev confirmed.

Aint man got like a £60 Mill release clause so would wonder how much they would put up... Anyways at the mo he's been mentioned as bait for players such as Fabregas, Gerrard and whoever else the newspapers wanna throw up like Berba now.

no way is he holding off surgery for the summer if hes not going to be here

goal.com snm

Guest El Padrino

Mario attitude f*ckin stinks though, and his ego doesn't match his ability

The audacity of wearing your rivals shirt on a TV show. :rolleyes:

He's still a yute so some of the sh*t is expected. But the pairing of him and Rooney.. BOY...

Guest Portuguese

Iker-Lloris

Arbeloa-Azpilicueta

Marcelo-David Luiz

Ramos-Pepe-Albiol-Garay

Lass-Alonso-David Silva-VDV-Granero-Felipe Melo

Higuain-Ronaldo-Pato-Neymar

The Kids from Castilla.

If Pellegrini goes Zizou to replace him!

In

Lloris

Azpilicueta

David Luiz

David Silva

Felipe Melo

Pato

Neymar

Zidane?

Out

Dudek

Metzelder

Big Diarra

Guti

Raul

Kaka

Benzema

Gago

Pellegrini?

Damn are we seriously not getting anyone big this summer lol.

Ferguson: The Futures Bright

ALEX FERGUSON will dip into Manchester United's all-conquering reserve side to bolster his first-team squad next season.

Fergie has already made it clear United will not spend a fortune this summer.

And he believes the second string's title win is proof that coaches Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce have unearthed some future stars.

The United boss said: "Some of the reserve players have done very well.

"For example, in the 1-0 win against Liverpool earlier this month, the back four were absolutely brilliant.

"One or two younger players are developing quite well. Gabriel Obertan scored an unbelievable goal.

"Oliver Norwood and Corry Evans do really well and have a good attitude towards the game.

"That's an important thing and Ole and Warren have maintained that attitude right through the team."

• Upvote 1

surely fergies bullshit is starting to wear thin on the 'ohh fegie knows best brigade' and the 'glazers havnt affected our spend p*ssy's i mean posse' Fergies been a glazer puppet since the start when he told all the fans who wernt happy with the way things were at the club to 'go watch chelsea

He needs to retire soonish and quietly the longer he stays the more he pisses on his legacy.

Even i thought they'd be money to spend this summer after that bond thing got realeased and we raised 500 mill, but i guess it shows the extent of the problem, the green and gold fashion parade either need to push on to the next level /which they say is boycot or pack up and go home, because for all their gesturing and scarf waving the glazers know they are all to stupid to actually hit the glazers where it hurts.

I said it at the start the green an gold thing probably wont have the glazers worried and even though i wont b joining that bandwagon it mite do sum gd, but anyone wearing green and gold and purchasing a season ticket next season is part of the problem not the solution.

I'll be happy if that red nosed f*ckin idiot doesnt dip into our team.

Constantly hearing Modric, Bale, Lennon are linked to Man Utd. If we sell any Indipensible players next season we wont be challenging.

If we dont sign another quality striker. I'm gonna go crazy.

f*ck UTD TOUCHIN MOD,BA,LEN

Guest M12 Part 2

I'll be happy if that red nosed f*ckin idiot doesnt dip into our team.

Constantly hearing Modric, Bale, Lennon are linked to Man Utd. If we sell any Indipensible players next season we wont be challenging.

If we dont sign another quality striker. I'm gonna go crazy.

f*ck UTD TOUCHIN MOD,BA,LEN

the only of the players who could realistically play for united is modric tbh.

Damn are we seriously not getting anyone big this summer lol.

Ferguson: The Futures Bright

ALEX FERGUSON will dip into Manchester United's all-conquering reserve side to bolster his first-team squad next season.

Fergie has already made it clear United will not spend a fortune this summer.

And he believes the second string's title win is proof that coaches Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce have unearthed some future stars.

The United boss said: "Some of the reserve players have done very well.

"For example, in the 1-0 win against Liverpool earlier this month, the back four were absolutely brilliant.

"One or two younger players are developing quite well. Gabriel Obertan scored an unbelievable goal.

"Oliver Norwood and Corry Evans do really well and have a good attitude towards the game.

"That's an important thing and Ole and Warren have maintained that attitude right through the team."