Wlad calls out Haye

Francis Coquelin

• 2 months later...
As fans know, WBA heavyweight champion David Haye will not be facing one of the Klitschko brothers in his next fight. Indeed, we have no idea at all who Haye will face when he next steps into the ring. However, as disappointed as fans are that "The Hayemaker" has not yet put pen to paper, agreeing to get it on with either Wladimir, the Ring magazine, IBF, WBO and IBO king, or Vitali, the WBC boss, there may be more to it than Haye simply being reluctant to fight.According to Kalle Sauerland, the German promoter who has a share in two more Haye bouts, Haye was offered a fight with Wladimir, but had to turn it down because of the "financial details" the deal contained. Speaking with Gareth A. Davies of The Telegraph, Sauerland said Haye is more than willing to face "Dr. Steel Hammer," but that he has to be paid what he deserves.."David is keen on fighting one of the Klitschko brothers. But the Devil is in the financial details," Sauerland told The Telegraph. "There are multiple parties with a financial stake in Haye's fights. We're just one of those parties."Haye has become a national superstar in the U.K, and thus the conditions have changed. Haye earns as much money in the U.K as the Klitschkos do in Germany. Therefore, that makes reaching a deal much more difficult. We have to insist on a sensible financial agreement."Of course, as the negotiations between Team-Haye and the Klitschkos were held in secret, we have no idea of knowing how much money Haye was offered to fight Wladimir (who, of course, now faces unbeaten Russian, Alexander Povetkin in September). However, Bernd Boente, manager of the Klitschkos, claims Haye was offered a 50-50 financial split to face Wladimir, with no future obligations regarding future fights. If this was actually the case - and we must take Boente at his word - it's unclear why Haye turned the offer down.Sauerland refuses to accept the notion that Haye is reluctant to fight Wladimir, saying Haye only wants the big fights."Haye wanted to box for the [heavyweight] title immediately," Sauerland went on. "He wants the big fights immediately. He knows about his talent and potential. So far there has been a disagreement regarding the financial issues. Haye is ready to fight any time."But will Haye, who beat Russia giant Nikolai Valuev to win the WBA crown last November, ever be offered a financial deal he is happy with? If not, it seems fans of the once glorious heavyweight division will continue to lose out on the one mega fight the weight class has to offer.Interestingly, promoter Frank Warren informed The Telegraph that if Haye were willing to take the fight, unbeaten British big man Derek Chisora is ready and willing to face him later this year. The Warren-promoted 25-year-old must first take care of Sam Sexton in a September rematch of their 2008 clash (which Chisora won by 6th-round TKO), but Warren says "Del Boy" would then take the fight with Haye "in an instant.""I'm not saying that David Haye couldn't beat Derek Chisora, but if Derek landed flush I think he'd knock Haye out," Warren said. As Haye has been totally unwilling to do business with Warren in the past, it's highly unlikely he will do so now. Therefore, Chisora's immediate future appears to be at British and maybe European level. But Haye has to fight someone before the year is over with - and time may be running out.

looool @ frank warren what a legend. loves bringing up his fighters at any opportunity, derek chisora is nowhere near ready to fight hayetbh i think there is more to it than meets the eyehaye wud cave wladimir's boat inpeople love saying how it's a step up for haye, but it is a step up for those two as well. When was the last time they fought someone as good as haye?

well thats the whole point we don't know how good haye is since he's never put himself on the line and been tested by a good fighrer at HW. valuev is a lumbering blob and ruiz is basic at best. ok he beat mormeck who is decent but dont forget he got KO'd by Carl Thompson at CW and Klitchko's hit A LOT harder than him.now look at wlad (i don't think haye vitali will happen).. firstly he has more than double the amount of pro fights as Haye. Secondly he has faced everyone he could. The HW division is not great and he has fought everyone who was put infront of him. The guys he's beaten are fare better boxers than anyone haye has faced in HW: Brewster, Peter, Chagaev, Rahaman..im a big haye fan and being english i suppoer him 100% but i think he is gassed. he should realise that the klitschko's are doing him a favour by steppning down a level and fighting him. he should take the pay day, train hard as hell (like a 3 month camp), work on not getting gassed after 5 rounds and then have the fight of his life. all this talk of 3 more fights and then retiring is not inspiring and makes me thing less and less of him. he isn't a bonafide HW champ yet. sure he's got a belt but he's not been in any wars or decisively beaten anyone who is on his level.

well thats the whole point we don't know how good haye is since he's never put himself on the line and been tested by a good fighrer at HW. valuev is a lumbering blob and ruiz is basic at best. ok he beat mormeck who is decent but dont forget he got KO'd by Carl Thompson at CW and Klitchko's hit A LOT harder than him.now look at wlad (i don't think haye vitali will happen).. firstly he has more than double the amount of pro fights as Haye. Secondly he has faced everyone he could. The HW division is not great and he has fought everyone who was put infront of him. The guys he's beaten are fare better boxers than anyone haye has faced in HW: Brewster, Peter, Chagaev, Rahaman..im a big haye fan and being english i suppoer him 100% but i think he is gassed. he should realise that the klitschko's are doing him a favour by steppning down a level and fighting him. he should take the pay day, train hard as hell (like a 3 month camp), work on not getting gassed after 5 rounds and then have the fight of his life. all this talk of 3 more fights and then retiring is not inspiring and makes me thing less and less of him. he isn't a bonafide HW champ yet. sure he's got a belt but he's not been in any wars or decisively beaten anyone who is on his level.
i absolutely agree with this entire postit's on haye to prove himself. the klitschkos don't need to fight him.

Fat samuel peter and the overweight rahaman wlad fought?ok m8
once again u miss the point youngni qualified that point by saying the the hw division is not great and the reason for making that statement is to show VK and WK have faced everyone put infront of them. if you couldn't infer that from the post you need to work on your comprehension.and rahaman is a very skilled boxer / peter i also rate highly for his sheer power and ring generalshipthey are much better than anyone haye has faced in his entire career at either hw or cw