NLD

TF S4DK

Likely...AlmuniaSagna Campbell Vermaelen ClichyDenilson Nasri DiabyEboue Bendtner RosickySubs: Fabianski, Silvestre, Traore, Walcott, van Persie, Eduardo, Eastmond/Merida/Vela.

Alex Song will miss Arsenal's next two games. The versatile Cameroon international was a surprise absentee when Arsène Wenger's side travelled to Barcelona last week after a scan showed an inflamed cartilage in his knee. Song was hoping to return for Wednesday's North London derby at Tottenham but he is now likely to miss that game and the trip to Wigan on Sunday as well. "Song is out. Definitely out," confirmed Wenger at his pre-match press conference. "He looks like he will be out for the whole week and over the weekend he will not play as well." Meanwhile Andrey Arshavin and William Gallas are both nursing calf injuries and Wenger is not sure when either player will be back. "Arshavin is out. [it could be the] Man City [game] for him, but I don't think he will make it," said the manager. "Gallas is not available for the next two or three weeks. I don't know [if he will play again this season]. I hope so, but it will be short for him." For the record, Arsenal's other injured players at present are Cesc Fabregas, Kieran Gibbs, Aaron Ramsey and Johan Djourou
Robin Van Persie is back in the Arsenal squad for the North London derby at Tottenham.The Dutch striker has been sidelined since mid-November with ankle ligament damage but is expected to feature at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night - albeit from the substitutes bench."He is in the squad for tomorrow's game," revealed Arsène Wenger at his pre-match press conference."It's a bit premature maybe [for Van Persie to start the game] so I will see but he is in the squad. I haven't picked the team yet."When I pick a player it means he is fit and sharp and has worked very hard. Of course he lacks match-practice but physically he is ready, he is fit."
Arsène Wenger says it is hard to know how much Tottenham Hotspur's FA Cup Semi-Final defeat against Portsmouth will affect Harry Redknapp's side. Sunday's match at Wembley finished 0-0 after 90 minutes but Frederic Piquionne's 99th-minute strike and Kevin-Prince Boateng's penalty eliminated Spurs from the competition. There has been speculation that the defeat will come as a mental blow to Spurs ahead of Wednesday's North London derby but Wenger is unsure about that. "It's difficult to know because they had a tough physical game," he said. "But it's always difficult to see how much impact it would have on the next one."They have done well and the race will be very tight. It looks like it will be between Man City and Tottenham now. But they have a difficult schedule. Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday afternoon, the manager also reiterated his belief that Arsenal must win their final five games in order to have a chance of winning the Premier League. "Well we know to win the championship anything other than a victory is not good enough," he said. "So we go [to Tottenham] with that desire, with that firm intention to win the game. We will not go for a draw, we want to win the game."Chelsea is in a strong mathematical position but that doesn't mean that it will happen as predicted because this League is special this year and that unpredictability is what we have learned about the whole season."
Even Arsène Wenger is surprised by how many games Sol Campbell has played since he returned to Arsenal. The centre back provided the shock of the January transfer window when he re-signed for the Club he left in the summer of 2006. Campbell was drafted in ostensibly as cover for Thomas Vermaelen, Mikael Silvestre and William Gallas. However, the latter's persistent calf injury and Campbell's powerhouse displays have edged him up the pecking order at Emirates Stadium. The 35-year-old is set to make his tenth appearance since his return when Arsenal travel to his old club Tottenham on Wednesday night. It's a milestone Wenger did not expect Campbell to reach. "I didn't imagine he would play as many games as he has," admitted the manager. "I thought he would play in one or two games maybe but he got those extra matches because he played well. "Sol has been a big support for me and the squad. He is very important in the dressing room because he is highly focused and highly motivated. "I must say, every time he has played he has turned in a very good performance. It is one of the good signings I have made. I have no concerns about him - I can tell you he will play tomorrow."

I'm actually expecting NOTHING from this match. When Wilson gave the penalty away, i wasn't even thinking about Pompey having a chance for the 2nd goal i knew he wasn't playing on Wednesday.All our players are tired as well from Sunday smhI'd take a draw