Respawn Entertainment

Mr. Gayle

Its coming like Champ Manager and Football Manager

Leading figures behind the game, which has sold 18m copies, have the left the company Activision Blizzard, leaving the future of the games franchise in doubt, The Times said.

This week, Jason West and Vince Zampella, the men credited with creating the game, announced they had formed a new studio called Respawn Entertainment, joining forces with Electronic Arts, according to the paper.

The pair were senior executives at Activision's Infinity Ward, the California-based group responsibile for the four Call of Duty games.

They had been accused by Activision of trying to work with other makers, a charge they deny. The two men are now suing the company, the paper reported.

Analysts claimed that up to nine other employees may have walked out on the company in the past week. It is thought the game company has some 90 employees.

Game players take the role of special forces soldiers in operations across the world. Global first day sales of the fourth in the series exceeded £323m.

• 2 weeks later...

The industry has made some record millions over past 18 months, dont give me that Revs, yes ppl lose jobs, but there are nuff of developers out there ready to be picked up

Its one of few industries that is recession proof, sales have gone up massively home entertainment in general has seen massive increase

(yes I watched a recession program lol)

The industry has made some record millions over past 18 months, dont give me that Revs, yes ppl lose jobs, but there are nuff of developers out there ready to be picked up

Its one of few industries that is recession proof, sales have gone up massively home entertainment in general has seen massive increase

(yes I watched a recession program lol)

i didn't say it was falling apart - i said it has weathered the recession quite well but there are quite a few studios that have closed down in the past year and a bit. You are telling me this like i ain't been trying to watch the state of things jobwise.

Its a two tier system. There are guys massively CAKING and guys who are doing ok/ hoping their next game does well to stay alive. Not everyone out here is an Infinity Ward or Blizzard. Not every studio can release a f*ck*ng old reskinned asset for $25 dollars and make millions in a matter of hours.

lol at saying this industry is recession proof. I wish that was the case. I'm just happy im under a massive corporate umbrella at the moment.