Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Ok so the season is coming to a close, the transfer window will be cranked open soon so many rumours will be floating about. Might aswell get it started now since I've seen a few about.

Wenger - Chamakh has a good chance to join usBy Nick TealeArsène Wenger has admitted that there is "a good chance" Marouane Chamakh will start next season as an Arsenal player.The Bordeaux striker has netted 15 times for his current club this season, including five goals in the Champions League. He has been heavily linked with a move to Arsenal since last summer and with his current contract drawing to an end, he will be available on a free transfer in June.Chamakh has reportedly confirmed that Emirates Stadium is his first-choice destination and Wenger admits there is a good chance the Moroccan will move to Arsenal."We will announce the deals after the league [finishes]," he said. "He is one of the players who has a good chance to join us."http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-chamakh-has-a-good-chance-to-join-us?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)
EDUARDO is an £8million summer target for French club Lyon.The Champions League semi-finalists want to make an ambitious bid for the Arsenal striker in an effort to reclaim the Ligue 1 title from Bordeaux.The Croatian striker, 27, has not shown his best form for Arsenal since arriving from Dinamo Zagreb for £7.5m in the summer of 2007.Eduardo signed a new long-term contract last November which could keep him at the club until 2014, but they know he will attract a cash bid of around £8m.The Brazilian-born forward has also failed to impress consistently despite making his comeback 12 months ago from the horrific leg injury suffered at Birmingham in February 2008.He has scored just seven goals in 40 Premier League starts for the Gunners.Arsene Wenger is believed to be willing to listen to offers for the striker because he sees Mexican Carlos Vela as an ideal replacement for him.The Arsenal boss also admits that £10m-rated Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh will be arriving at the Emirates this summer.Eduardo was given a chance to make an impact with Arsenal this season when Robin van Persie was out for five months but failed due to a succession of niggling injuries.There is also a feeling within the club that he has lost some of the pace that made him such a prolific goalscorer in the Croatian league.The Gunners are ready to lose a number of squad players this summer, with Emmanuel Eboue, William Gallas, Phillipe Senderos and Mikael Silvestre all set to leave.
Joe Hart is a potential £8million target as Arsene Wenger steps up his search for a new goalkeeper.Arsenal manager Wenger is also looking for a central defender and a midfielder to add to the arrival of striker Marouane Chamakh on a free transfer from Bordeaux.Cash is available to strengthen a squad which has been depleted by the absence of six key players as this season approaches its finale.The 2-1 defeat to Tottenham last week means Arsenal are set to finish a fifth successive season without a major trophy – and Wenger wants to ensure his squad is equipped to deal with future mishaps.Hart is on loan at Birmingham from Manchester City. He is due to return to the North-West at the end of the season but will find himself behind Shay Given in the pecking order at Eastlands.Hart’s form has been so impressive with Birmingham that he has been talked about as a possible for Fabio Capello’s England squad for the World Cup finals.At 23, Hart will not be happy to be the understudy to Given and Wenger will have him watched in the closing matches of the season. Also on the Arsenal radar is West Ham’s Robert Green.In central defence, 21-year-old Dane Simon Kjaer of Palermo has been the subject of impressive reports and Wenger has also monitored Bolton’s Gary Cahill.New arrivals will put a question mark against the futures of several current players.Gael Clichy is being watched by Spanish and Italian clubs. Wenger would listen to offers around the £7.5m mark in the knowledge that Kieran Gibbs is a ready-made replacement.In midfield, Wenger clearly wants to add a combative edge and Kevin Nolan of Newcastle has made a huge impact in the Championship. He has been the inspiration behind the club’s immediate return to the Premier League.At 28, Nolan is older than Wenger’s usual targets but he has a steely side to his game and that is what Wenger feels has been lacking.Arsenal could also be interested in the versatile James Milner, who has had such an impressive season with Aston Villa and England.Wenger, whose men travel to Wigan today, admits Arsenal will never be able to compete financially with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United – but he is convinced they can compete on the field. Wenger said: “Our financial situation is becoming stronger and we will be capable of buying the players we need.“All the top players cannot go to Chelsea. There are players outside of what Chelsea want to buy that are good enough for us.” He also stressed that a freakish run of injuries contributed to Arsenal’s failure to make a final push for the title.“If you go into the final push without Fabregas, Gallas, Van Persie, Arshavin and Song – well, if you take Xavi and Messi from Barcelona, I want to see what they would do.”Wenger added: “The club has never been in a stronger situation. It has a fantastic stadium, fantastic training facilities, it is in a fantastic financial situation and we gave a very young team that is playing at the top.“All the ingredients are here to be very successful and I believe we will be.”http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-lining-up-8million-summer-bid-for-Manchester-City-goalkeeper-Joe-Hart-after-his-impressive-loan-spell-at-Birmingham-Exclusive-article395641.html
Steve Sammers wrote the last piece and is normally in the know with Arsenal stories.
  • Downvote 1

lol @ these rumorswho read about nzobia and rodallega to arsenal for 25 mil this summerPMSL
Them man would both want to join us. Nzogbia has always been begging Arsene and Rodallega was in yes, the NOTW saying we wants to join. I like them but i dunno if they are Arsenal Quality. Anelka wrote that report with Kevin Nolan, it's bait.

Wigan ace Hugo Rodallega has admitted he would be interested in playing for Arsenal in the future.The athletic striker will be charged with the task of putting what would surely be a final nail in the coffin of the Gunners' Premier League title hopes at the DW Stadium on Sunday afternoon.But while Arsene Wenger will be plotting methods to keep Rodallega quiet, the Arsenalmanager may also use the match as a scouting mission amid reports he is considering a move for the Colombia international.The 24-year-old, who arrived in England from Mexican outfit Necaxa in 2008, is flattered by the link and has confessed that a move to one of England's top clubs does appeal.AtmosphereRodallega said in the News of the World: "I have noticed that Arsene Wenger said in public that he wants me, but at the moment all I know is from the press. If an offer has come to the club, I don't know about it."When I first came to the Premier League I wanted to learn, and of course I thought of playing for a bigger team."I've now been here for 18 months and I understand the atmosphere of English football. When the time comes to play for a big team like Arsenal, I will be ready for it."We are talking as if I was already there, but if there was a possibility to play for Arsenal, I would compete with some of the best players in the world."That is something that everyone should aim for. I hope I can take that next step up, but at the moment I am thinking about Wigan."

Just see on the SSN ticker Wenger has actually said we are now in a financial position position to match Chelsea, his spending has been limited in the past but now he hopes to have proper financial backing in the SummerSomeone get the quotes please (TF)

Just see on the SSN ticker Wenger has actually said we are now in a financial position position to match Chelsea, his spending has been limited in the past but now he hopes to have proper financial backing in the SummerSomeone get the quotes please (TF)
"I think we can overcome [Chelsea]," he said. "For a while we were not investing maybe because we had built the stadium but I think our financial situation is now becoming much stronger and we will be capable to buy the players we need to buy.""No we cannot [compete] on wages with Chelsea. That is simple. I believe what is not normal is not our wage bill but their wage bill because that should not be allowed."However they cannot all go to Chelsea, it is as simple as that. There are top players outside of the ones Chelsea want to buy who are good enough for us."

In-ChamakhHart/FreyCBDMRW someone who is versatile enough for both wings would be a bonusOut-EduardoSilvestreGallas prbs on a free, seeing as his contract is out--We need to bring in players without losing too many that way if someone is f*ck*ng up they get dropped no qualms.

But really, would Joe Hart for one be allowed to leave considering his increased stock, and two want to leave City?
His team was Arsenal growing up and he wont want to be 2nd choice. That said I dunno if I want him, we need a commanding keeper who is gonna hot up Clichy when he goes for one of his on-pitch siestas.

about 3 years too late for getting Nolan..we should have got him in his prime. He woudda been a sick squad player kinda like Ray Parlour.Dunno about Joe Hart, we all know what happend with Richard WrightId take Charlie Nzogbia in a flash, Bobby Robson pulled off a sick coup getting him, we shoudda taken him years ago

Arsenal Overview Drowning in debt? No, manageable and under control Swimming in cash? No, but £35m available to spend on transfers and wages Football income? In balance with football costs Finances and facilities the envy of all? You bet! Revenue growth potential? In commercial / sponsorship only Property cash upside? In sight at last! (Perhaps £45m) Wages and other football costs (stadium running costs, team expenses, scouting, youth development, etc) account for all football income, a delicate balance that needs to be maintained, as Wenge's remarkable consistency at making money from player trading can not be relied upon as top u forever. Wages of c£120m pa, a reasonable 55% of total income, are in the same league as other perennial Champions League (CL) qualifiers from the EPL, but are double, treble and even more of those in the chasing pack. Continued upward movement in wages of players who compare take home pa with salaries in countries with far lower tax rates can only be accommodated by:- Increasing commercial revenues - Developing new revenue streams - Reducing non-wage football costs - Spreading the wage spend more efficiently across the playing squadhttp://www.arsenaltrust.org/uploaded/accounts/AST_half_year_accounts_Nov09.pdf

You can forget all the transfer speculation you might have read this week – because it’s “all wrong”. That was Arsène Wenger’s blunt assessment of the latest round of stories linking Arsenal with any number of summer signings. Transfer rumours have gathered pace since last weekend’s defeat at Wigan effectively ended Arsenal’s title bid and, inevitably, reporters wanted Wenger to shed light on the speculation at his pre-match press conference. They didn’t get far. Goalkeeper Joe Hart was the first and only name to crop up before Wenger snuffed out any further probing.“We are at the moment not on the transfer market,” he insisted. “What is important is that we focus on the challenge we have in front of us and finish well in our final three games. “I read some transfer rumours in the newspapers and they are all wrong. All of them. So you do not even need to ask me one name – they are all wrong.”