Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

THE giant, red suitcases already lined up in the hall of his Hertfordshire home say a lot.But it is the look on the face of Arsenal star Denilson that says it all.It's a mixture of relief and regret.Relief that manager Arsene Wenger has agreed to his request to leave after five years in North London.Regret that he was unable to help end the six-year silverware famine that has blighted Arsene Wenger's team.And the 23-year-old Brazilian midfielder is as bemused as anyone as to why it has all gone so horribly wrong.He sighs: "There's something missing at Arsenal but no one knows what it is. Not the manager, not the players - nobody."Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool spend millions and millions on players."But we are still the best footballing side in Britain, we play beautiful football. Only Barcelona do it better. But we don't win trophies."That's so frustrating, you can't imagine how frustrating."Arsenal is a great club, we have a great manager and so many talented players. So we should be collecting silverware. And there are no excuses for it."Some people say we don't succeed because we are too young and naive - but that's no excuse."We didn't lose the Carling Cup final to Birmingham because we were too young. We lost because our confidence collapsed completely when Obafemi Martins scored for them."This was a final we should have won, we were the favourites."It was the opportunity to silence all our critics. Here's a trophy to shut you all up after five years - and this is going to be the start of many."What a lift that would have given us all. Especially as we were in such a fantastic position in all the other competitions too."The quarter-finals of the FA Cup, quarter finals of the Champions League and sitting second in the league. It was all there for us and we were so motivated."But when Martins scored it was all over. You could see it in the eyes of the players and the supporters there at Wembley. Our confidence just drained away and we never got it back. It was a catastrophe."That was the moment our season was ruined, it started a domino effect and no one could stop it."I knew it was a massive moment, the point where it all started to go badly wrong and I think we all knew."I went home afterwards and just cried. I was very upset, very sad and I was ashamed."Denilson was not alone. He says the whole squad, the entire Arsenal staff was devastated.The crippling damage of that final defeat proved impossible to repair.Within a fortnight an Arsenal side that was on course for an historic Quadruple was in freefall.The Gunners were knocked out in the Champions League quarter finals by Barcelona, despite a first-leg lead. And then a third body blow followed when they were dispatched in the FA Cup quarters by Manchester United.The triple whammy of despair left them so shattered that they have since slipped out of the title race too.Slumping from second in the table to fourth and facing the prospect of having to qualify for the Champions League next term even if they win at Fulham on Sunday.Denilson said: "After Birmingham the boss told us to hold our heads up and stressed there was still so much to play for."We had Barca and United coming up and we were chasing the title. But although we went into both those games still believing we could win, it wasn't enough. Since then everything has fallen away."Denilson can barely believe how Arsenal have slumped out of contention. He says they are paying the price for some expensive lapses in games they should have won."I remember leading Liverpool 1-0 and they scored in the last seconds. We were 4-0 up at Newcastle but drew."We also lost to Newcastle at home and West Brom and Aston Villa."We threw it away against Sunderland and Blackburn at the Emirates."Let's be honest, some of those games were shocking, shameful. We are better than that."But until Arsenal stop throwing away those silly points in those stupid games nothing will change."Denilson's sorrow is real but he can feel the pain and anguish of his manager too."All the players are hurting but we know the supporters suffer even more than we do."And most of all the boss suffers it worst of all and that makes me sad because he is a great man and a great manager."Denilson says Wenger has been brilliant in dealing with his desire to leave. "I went to see him and told him of my decision and he understood."He says he will not stand in my way and if the club receive a good offer for me I can go. I was so relieved to hear that. I am very grateful."Not every manager would have been like Arsene Wenger, not every club would act like Arsenal. I know in a year's time I might regret it and be wishing I'd stayed. I may go somewhere and find it's just not the same."But my heart tells me I have to take that risk, I have to be honest with myself, be true to myself."I am a footballer and I want to play every week because I want the chance to play for Brazil."Look at Lucas at Liverpool. He's been playing regularly and he's in the Brazil team. That's where I want to be."I would love to be able to do that at Arsenal but based on how things have gone this season, I think it's time for a change."So I am flying home to Brazil on Sunday and I'm hoping I can make a fresh start in Spain or maybe Italy."
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3590701/Denilson-Theres-something-missing-at-Arsenal.html#ixzz1MqcEVDA4

Allow Denilson boying us off like that tbh, not happy at all, i would put him in the ressies 4da whole of next season for showing such disrespect imean who does he think he is?

I know for a fact that when any youngster at Arsenal turns pro, they are given a £250k lump sum. FACT. This is meant for a house / flat. Wenger's darlings are blowing it on cars etc.They are also on anything between £5-10k per week, even if they are still playing for the reserves. This fosters a culture of 'big time charlies' with a real lack of effort and ideas above their station.
Lol if thats true, so thats where the moneys goes on the future championship / league 1 young players we have smh

Not even surprised, Arsenal treat their players the better than anyone else, players should earn sh*t like that not just be given it from an early age. Where does the fight come from if you know you've made it?RVP as captain? He is the one doing all the talking lately and seems to be enjoying that roleDenilson wanting to go, well thats nice and Wenger tends to freeze players out who are leaving. One of the few players who come in promising and goes backwards.

Eboue>>>>>>Will get a contract just for being the morale guy/

THE giant, red suitcases already lined up in the hall of his Hertfordshire home say a lot.But it is the look on the face of Arsenal star Denilson that says it all.It's a mixture of relief and regret.Relief that manager Arsene Wenger has agreed to his request to leave after five years in North London.Regret that he was unable to help end the six-year silverware famine that has blighted Arsene Wenger's team.And the 23-year-old Brazilian midfielder is as bemused as anyone as to why it has all gone so horribly wrong.He sighs: "There's something missing at Arsenal but no one knows what it is. Not the manager, not the players - nobody."Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool spend millions and millions on players."But we are still the best footballing side in Britain, we play beautiful football. Only Barcelona do it better. But we don't win trophies."That's so frustrating, you can't imagine how frustrating."Arsenal is a great club, we have a great manager and so many talented players. So we should be collecting silverware. And there are no excuses for it."Some people say we don't succeed because we are too young and naive - but that's no excuse."We didn't lose the Carling Cup final to Birmingham because we were too young. We lost because our confidence collapsed completely when Obafemi Martins scored for them."This was a final we should have won, we were the favourites."It was the opportunity to silence all our critics. Here's a trophy to shut you all up after five years - and this is going to be the start of many."What a lift that would have given us all. Especially as we were in such a fantastic position in all the other competitions too."The quarter-finals of the FA Cup, quarter finals of the Champions League and sitting second in the league. It was all there for us and we were so motivated."But when Martins scored it was all over. You could see it in the eyes of the players and the supporters there at Wembley. Our confidence just drained away and we never got it back. It was a catastrophe."That was the moment our season was ruined, it started a domino effect and no one could stop it."I knew it was a massive moment, the point where it all started to go badly wrong and I think we all knew."I went home afterwards and just cried. I was very upset, very sad and I was ashamed."Denilson was not alone. He says the whole squad, the entire Arsenal staff was devastated.The crippling damage of that final defeat proved impossible to repair.Within a fortnight an Arsenal side that was on course for an historic Quadruple was in freefall.The Gunners were knocked out in the Champions League quarter finals by Barcelona, despite a first-leg lead. And then a third body blow followed when they were dispatched in the FA Cup quarters by Manchester United.The triple whammy of despair left them so shattered that they have since slipped out of the title race too.Slumping from second in the table to fourth and facing the prospect of having to qualify for the Champions League next term even if they win at Fulham on Sunday.Denilson said: "After Birmingham the boss told us to hold our heads up and stressed there was still so much to play for."We had Barca and United coming up and we were chasing the title. But although we went into both those games still believing we could win, it wasn't enough. Since then everything has fallen away."Denilson can barely believe how Arsenal have slumped out of contention. He says they are paying the price for some expensive lapses in games they should have won."I remember leading Liverpool 1-0 and they scored in the last seconds. We were 4-0 up at Newcastle but drew."We also lost to Newcastle at home and West Brom and Aston Villa."We threw it away against Sunderland and Blackburn at the Emirates."Let's be honest, some of those games were shocking, shameful. We are better than that."But until Arsenal stop throwing away those silly points in those stupid games nothing will change."Denilson's sorrow is real but he can feel the pain and anguish of his manager too."All the players are hurting but we know the supporters suffer even more than we do."And most of all the boss suffers it worst of all and that makes me sad because he is a great man and a great manager."Denilson says Wenger has been brilliant in dealing with his desire to leave. "I went to see him and told him of my decision and he understood."He says he will not stand in my way and if the club receive a good offer for me I can go. I was so relieved to hear that. I am very grateful."Not every manager would have been like Arsene Wenger, not every club would act like Arsenal. I know in a year's time I might regret it and be wishing I'd stayed. I may go somewhere and find it's just not the same."But my heart tells me I have to take that risk, I have to be honest with myself, be true to myself."I am a footballer and I want to play every week because I want the chance to play for Brazil."Look at Lucas at Liverpool. He's been playing regularly and he's in the Brazil team. That's where I want to be."I would love to be able to do that at Arsenal but based on how things have gone this season, I think it's time for a change."So I am flying home to Brazil on Sunday and I'm hoping I can make a fresh start in Spain or maybe Italy."
Tbh I sort of feel sorry for him still, don't even know why. Probably because it sounds like he genuinely cared.

DENILSON rocked Arsenal last night by announcing: "I want to leave."The Brazilian star is flying home after Sunday's game at Fulham and admits he is fed up after five years in London without a trophy.He said: "This has been the worst season of my life and I am so upset, so frustrated."I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing."A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on."This is not a sudden decision. I made up my mind eight months ago."I was fed up of coming home and feeling down."But I haven't said anything until now because I did not want to disrupt the team during the season. And I haven't caused a big scene."I've simply been to see Arsene Wenger and told him how I felt and he's agreed to let me go."I know some people will think I am crazy. They are right. It is a great club with a great organisation, a great manager and so many talented players."Yes, I make a good living at Arsenal but other things in life are important."I need a fresh challenge and although I know I'm taking a big gamble I am ready to take that risk."Denilson, 23, added: "I can't see myself returning in a Chelsea shirt, or Liverpool or Manchester City - and definitely not Tottenham. I think my future will be in Spain or Italy."His parting message to Arsenal is powerful and poignant. "It's great to play beautiful football but sometimes to be a winner you have to play ugly if you want to succeed."
he must of knew he was getting sold this year"ur firing meee, u cant fire meee, I QUIT"one of dem ones

I know for a fact that when any youngster at Arsenal turns pro, they are given a £250k lump sum. FACT. This is meant for a house / flat. Wenger's darlings are blowing it on cars etc.They are also on anything between £5-10k per week, even if they are still playing for the reserves. This fosters a culture of 'big time charlies' with a real lack of effort and ideas above their station.
Hmm, it's not all, it varies... It depends on if its a loyalty payment or a developement payment, barring intense interest its unlikely a 17 year old getting a loyalty payment, so it will be development, which first of all the lump depends on the players ability, what their family situation is, how involved the family is, etc... How irresponsible do you think Arsenal are? Here 17 year old, take this 250k, see you at training tomorrow. :D Arsenal spent a lot in the recruitment of some of the foreign lads, paying compensation, finding and paying for there digs and employing their guardian, they noticed that altho some of the English lads don't need as much as the foreign lads, they still experience an adjustment.So for example young players like Afobe and Aneke had their locations changed from deep east/essex, to be nearer to Herts and training, to do so Arsenal helped out the boys families.There is not a RESERVE listed player at Arsenal on 10k a week, if they reach that much Wenger moves them to the first-team, loans them or sells them.People saw the JET in a McLaren thing and let their imagination run wild, these are people that have never been to a rave in Central, if they had they would see there is yutes his age on far less money obtaining said things.

Song picks cars for the arsenal boys in this videoAnd he kinda implies that Eboue may be leaving this Summer. I don't think Eboue would leave, so maybe Wenger will have the balls to tell him to gohttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13455778.stm

Guest Medic
If u watch Bundesliga,What u fink of Dortmunds Subotic?
I rate him, kind of defender we need and probably should of signed a last season. Tall, big build, good in the air both defensively and as an attacking option from set pieces. Would make a quality CB partnership with Vermaelen.

Guest Klitschko

Subotić is a very good defender, but at the same time an unrealistic target for a number of reasons, foremost of these being that Chelsea reportedly had a bid for £18m turned down at the beginning of the year, and I doubt Arsene is looking to stump up an equivalent sum, another being that Borussia Dortmund have just been crowned German Champions, and will be playing in the Champions League next year, so won't be tempted by the lure of any possible financial gain, especially when you consider the departure of Sahin, I'm sure they won't be looking to lose any more key players.

In the last HOUR alone...@_denilson15 I am so happy your leaving thank you the worst premier league midfielder in the country play dirty lol you can't even tackle.@_denilson15 Fed up of not winning? Thanks to u & others we're a laughing stock.Can't wait to hear you're gone out the club,not fit for AFC!#sackwenger when he signs fools like @_denilson15 lmao!!!@_denilson15 what times ur flight?@_denilson15 best of luck where ever you go. We need your wages to pay better players. #useless@_denilson15 So you want to play for brazil huh? Turn on your playstation and throw on fifa11 that's only way its happening@_denilson15 can't you just leave now? Do we really have to wait until the end of the season?Well, I heard @_denilson15 wants to move out from @Arsenal ? Geez, why didn't you move out from the beginning of the season mate? get lost!Elated after hearing @_denilson15 wants to leave. I'll pay for your plane fare to any of your preferred destination #AFC@_denilson15 ....good luck for your future......@_denilson15 glad to hear your leaving arsenal. Don't make out its the lack of trophies, its ur lack of talent #rateshimself@_denilson15 you're 1 of the worst players to ever wear an arsenal shirt. Can't wait fir you to f*ck off.just read that @_denilson15 wants to leave Arsenal....YES FINALLY!!! Go ahead, we wont even notice your gone!!!@_denilson15 complete disrespect of the club and fans that pay your wages! Grass isn't always greener...@_denilson15 hopefully u leave arsenal soon, talking about not winning trophies, you have no talent to win trophies you dope!!@_denilson15 I actually forgot you were an Arsenal player, you won't be missed@_denilson15 hey pal - what great news! now f*ck off out of arsenal - winner? what a joke...you've robbed gooners for five years. u r sh*t@_denilson15 good luck to you leaving arsenal. Can't see where you will go and do better maybe you could replace xavi or iniesta at barca ha@_denilson15 real shame you want to leave the mighty #gunners your passion and desire will be sorely missed on the bench@_denilson15 is a straight sell out, all those times u made stupid mistakes now u wanna leave u better go@_denilson15 goodbye have a good career ahead of you man....whichever 3rd div. club u join :D@_denilson15 your not even a real black so stop tuting your teeth & dressing like a hood rat , @jack_wilshere is 10 times the man u r PUNK@_denilson15 worse player ever its funny how we ended up buying Brazils shitest player. U knew u was out the door u f*ck*ng nonce . Serie c@_denilson15 your f*ck*ng face pisses me off , ever since we bought sh*t like you we won nothing .... WONDER WHY .. U useless sh*t c*nt@_denilson15 LOL! What, YOU want to leave to win things!? No mate, YOU need to leave so we can win things. #deadwoodungratefultwat@_denilson15 If you need a lift to the aiport, I'm free for the entire summer. I'll even do it for free, repayment for the last 5 years...GET OUTTA TOWN! @_denilson15@_denilson15 get the f*ck out of our club you douche. I haven't even read the quotes yet, but from what I'm hearing...Lucas Leiva is miles ahead!! F*ck off @_denilson15!!! Arsenal is a better team without u!@_denilson15 you are one of the reasons we havent won any thophies. Cesc must have strong shoulders having to carry the likes of you

• Upvote 3