Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Ricardo Alvarez's agent has admitted to holding talks with a number of clubs regarding a possible move for the Argentine midfielder.The Velez Sarsfield player is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with a switch to one of Europe's leading clubs.Arsenal and Inter Milan are reportedly keen on a summer swoop, while Roma have also been credited with an interest.Alvarez's representative, Marcelo Simonian, has indicated that Roma could be keeping closer tabs on his client than Inter, and believes Velez would be prepared to listen to offers."Technically he doesn't resemble either (Erik) Lamela or (Javier) Pastore, even if he has the same figure and the talent of Javier," Simonian told calciomercato.it."Inter Milan and Arsenal interested in him? We are in talks with some clubs, but Inter Milan haven't ever called me."Roma? I know that (sporting director, Walter) Sabatini knows him very, very well."I believe that in front of an important offer, Velez will not prevent Alvarez taking a step forward for his career."

Arsene Wenger could be about to loosen the Arsenal purse strings with a bid for French midfielder Mathieu Valbuena.The Marseille star, nicknamed 'The Little Bike' due to his diminutive size but impressive pace, is available for around £10m and the Gunners are believed to be interested.Wenger has sent scouts to monitor the 5ft 6in attacker's progress in Ligue 1 where he has made 31 appearances this season returning four goals and four assists.The France international's attacking style could see him being lined up as a replacement for Andrey Arshavin or Tomas Rosicky who have both been linked with moves away from the Emirates.
no-thanks-but-yes-please-funny-vote-ballot.jpg
Axel Witsel's father admits his son is now ready to move to one of Europe's top leagues.The Standard Liege midfielder is rated as one of the best young midfielders in Europe.And the 22-year-old has attracted a host of attention from a number of top clubs including Milan giants AC and Inter, whilst in England, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are all said to be keen."Axel is ready for one of the world's three major leagues: Serie A, Premier League and La Liga," Witsel's father and agent Thierry Witsel told Corriere dello Sport."I hope that he has just finished his last season with Standard Liege."Fiorentina are interested but there are other Italian clubs, he spoke about Italy with (Francois) Gillet and (Gaby) Mudingayi, his team-mates in the national team and he's waiting only for the right offer."His father confirmed that a move to Arsenal remains his 'dream' move, saying: "Axel has no pretensions."But his dream has always been (to play in) Arsenal. He just wants a club that is ready to believe in him."
no-thanks-but-yes-please-funny-vote-ballot.jpg
  • Upvote 6

Guest Portuguese

Witsel was good from 2008-2010He should of left when he scored the winning penalty in the play-off title decider.Since he broke that polish guy's leg he hasn't been the same player.Furthermore he should joined Arsenal when he was 16

Karim Benzema has played down speculation linking him with a move away from Real Madrid by insisting he plans to stay for many years.The French forward initially struggled to impress at the Santiago Bernabeu following his arrival from Lyon in 2009, before settling in this season.He was criticised by manager Jose Mourinho for a lack of ambition back in September but gradually began to impose himself and finished the campaign with 26 goals.Reports have nevertheless surfaced connecting Benzema with a summer departure, with the likes of Arsenal and Juventus thought to be interested.The 23-year-old's agent denied travelling to London to hold talks with the Gunners earlier this week, and Benzema maintains that he is happier than ever at Real.Feeling good"People talk a lot: that he (Mourinho) hasn't got confidence in me, that he wants to sell me," Benzema told Marca."But if you look at the number of matches he had me play (48 in total), I don't think that he doesn't count on me. If he didn't want me he wouldn't have me play as much, would he?"He asks a lot of me but he has helped me to improve. He's someone who loves winning and so do I. He made me a winner as a footballer and as a person."I feel very good at Madrid, in the team, I adore the fans, the people, the stadium... I'm going to stay for many years."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6954758,00.htmlNEXT

Guest Klitschko

Defour broke his Ankle, Fergie wrote a letter to him to be passed on via Liege saying he has still keeping track of his progress and he wished him a speedy recovery etc

tbh he out and out winger unlike our current crop, gets allot of crosses inso void at arsenal student of accounting, i swear all the reports say liverpool are the other team in the race for him :D we need a couple everton, tottenham esque signings, to keep us in the title raceboth liverpool and united will be making these types of signings

• User unpinned this topic