Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Vela should be going, the only time hes done anything worth talking about was in a Mexico jersey, its not like hes played a whole season, I dnt know what Arsene is thinking..if anything he could put himself in the shop windowApparently Soton have a 15/16 year old LB whos meant to be the new Bale, Wenger was rebuffed in his attempts to lure him hereAnyways I worry for Walcott, he will be 23 next season, hasnt progressed as much as we wud like..really needs to kick on next season coz he wont be regarded as a young player for much longer, I mean he wudnt look outa place at Wigan 2be brutally honest

So 'broke' Arsenal are gonna spend £12million on a teenager again? Doesn't make sense
The deal for the Southampton academy graduate - seen as the new Theo Walcott, also a former Saint - is understood to be based on achievements and appearances.
Seriously you man start f*ck*ng reading.
You know most transfers have these clauses in? always go on like its just us who does it
So why did you say what you initially said if most transfers have clauses...

Vela should be going, the only time hes done anything worth talking about was in a Mexico jersey, its not like hes played a whole season, I dnt know what Arsene is thinking..if anything he could put himself in the shop window
I'd assume Wenger thinks the best way for him to prepare for the new season would be at Arsenal and under Arsene's watch, not f*ck*ng prostitutes and trannies in Mexico.

So 'broke' Arsenal are gonna spend £12million on a teenager again? Doesn't make sense
The deal for the Southampton academy graduate - seen as the new Theo Walcott, also a former Saint - is understood to be based on achievements and appearances.
Seriously you man start f*ck*ng reading.
You know most transfers have these clauses in? always go on like its just us who does it
So why did you say what you initially said if most transfers have clauses...
The point i'm trying to make is I dont think we're as broke as you and a lot of people go on

Anyways I worry for Walcott, he will be 23 next season, hasnt progressed as much as we wud like..really needs to kick on next season coz he wont be regarded as a young player for much longer, I mean he wudnt look outa place at Wigan 2be brutally honest
yh will prob give him a shot as a striker maybedun alrite this season tbh, swear he had more assists than gareth bale, this seasonhe does a job either way tbh, as a squad player he alone not worth shotting

This is not a big transfer. 12m, for example if its structured the same way Walcott's was suppose to be - 5m in down payments, then 5m based on number of appearances for Arsenal and then 2m based on number of appearances for England. Then he probably on 5k a month at Southampton, Arsenal would probably offer him 10-15k a week. This is probably an ideal Arsenal transfer tbh.Btw I've always said Arsenal can raise cash as they asset rich, I just dont think they have much intention to do so.

GERARD PIQUE'S words will tug at Cesc Fabregas' heart-strings: Come and taste glory with your Barcelona Band of Brothers.No one is closer to Fabregas than the former Manchester United wannabe who has turned into the world's best defender in three glory-filled seasons since he quit Old Trafford to rejoin Barca.Three La Ligas, two Champions Leagues, one Copa Del Rey, two Spanish Super Cups, one European Super Cup and one Club World Cup is Pique's astonishing trophy haul in three seasons under boss Pep Guardiola.At the same time Fabregas, a Barcelona fan since birth who played with Pique at the Catalan giants' academy, has won nothing at Arsenal.And the lure of a return home is growing stronger with every day that goes by.Pique said: "I would like him to. It's my wish for that to happen. I can't be clearer."He is a Barcelona fan and has been his whole life and he would love to come. It would be very, very good for us."Last year it looked like he would come but he didn't. Now it looks like he could again but we have to wait. I hope the people in the offices can work well and can bring him in this time."Fabregas' nostalgic yearning for a return to home to rejoin his boyhood club is well-documented.But add the knowledge that he will be playing alongside the greatest players in the world, most of whom are his best friends from childhood, and Pique's words acquire an even bigger significance.Fabregas met Leo Messi and Andres Iniesta in the famous Barcelona academy that has produced the majority of Guardiola's superteam.Seven players that came through the ranks started against United in their 3-1 Champions League final triumph at Wembley last month.Skipper Carles Puyol came on as sub and was the eighth former youth team member to face United.Speaking at Barcelona's training ground, Pique insisted that the bond that exists between the players that came through the ranks drives them on to glory.He added: "We are like brothers in the dressing room. It's always different because you have a relationship not only in the professional way."On a personal level you have a good relationship and when your friends play well you feel happy for them."You can see that on the pitch. Puyol is my best friend in the dressing room."When I look at him he understands what I think and the same with him. It's all about having a good relationship in the dressing room."But there is one former Barca academy starlet who's yet to return home - Pique's side-kick Cesc.Pique said: "I have said before and I still do that my hope is that one day he will play for Barcelona."I would love to have him alongside me because as well as a good person, he is a great player."I would love him to be here this year or if not then next year. He would give us more."I haven't spoken to him recently. I don't know how Arsenal set up are economically but I do know that he is a great player and a real friend of mine and he is a Barcelona player - he has been in the youth system here and he knows what we are about. He could perform perfectly here."It is against this backdrop that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is fighting against the odds to keep hold of his skipper for one last tilt at winning silverware with the North Londoners.But Barca's Band of Brothers that includes Messi, Xavi and Iniesta - all close pals of Cesc - virtually guarantees glory for the Arsenal midfielder.The Catalans are hot favourites to become the first team to retain their Champions League title and win their fourth Liga on the trot to match Johann Cruyff's Dream Team of the 1990s.Pique added: "It's always difficult to be the best year after year."We will try to do it I think we have the players we need to do it. All the players in the squad now are top level. I think we can do it. We must have a little luck you need to be a champion. But we can make it."To be fair I am really happy and win all the titles we're winning to be in the national team in the world and the best club in the world. I'm enjoying the moment a lot and I hope we will play the same and be ourselves next year."More than ever Barcelona is now more than just a club."Everyone wants to be part of this and we have to enjoy this moment the players the fans and our families. And try and win more titles if we can."
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629012/Pique-Oh-brother-join-us-at-Barca-Cesc.html#ixzz1OpLroAly

Three La Ligas, two Champions Leagues, one Copa Del Rey, two Spanish Super Cups, one European Super Cup and one Club World Cup is Pique's astonishing trophy haul in three seasons under boss Pep Guardiola.At the same time Fabregas, a Barcelona fan since birth who played with Pique at the Catalan giants' academy, has won nothing at Arsenal.
:D :D Poor guy. Fabregas must hate visiting his yard.

Three La Ligas, two Champions Leagues, one Copa Del Rey, two Spanish Super Cups, one European Super Cup and one Club World Cup is Pique's astonishing trophy haul in three seasons under boss Pep Guardiola.At the same time Fabregas, a Barcelona fan since birth who played with Pique at the Catalan giants' academy, has won nothing at Arsenal.
Not gona lie that quote made me ask myself "are we doing Cesc a disservice by keeping him" but then i remembered what we won before Cesc and what we have won since Cesc took Parlour's no.15 and started playing for us..

ARSENAL star Abou Diaby has risked the wrath of his own fans - by revealing he owns a TOTTENHAM shirt.And the French midfielder, 25, admits he wears the strip of the Gunners' arch-rivals - given to him by pal and Spurs defender Younes Kaboul - around his house.He said: "It's more difficult to wear in the street. There you are not safe."Diaby has not ruled a potential north London switch for either he or France team-mate Kaboul.He said: "It would be good to play for the same club one day."
My nigga Abou.
  • Upvote 2

The van Persie was posted in this thread...

Arsenal have won the race to sign Lille striker Gervinho in a deal reportedly worth around £10m.The Ivory Coast international had already stated his intention to leave France this summer with the Premier League his likely destination and he will now complete his move to north London within the next few days.After losing out on defender Phil Jones to Manchester United, Arsene Wenger has now fought off competition from Liverpool and Newcastle for the 24-year-old, who scored 14 league goals for the Ligue One champions last season.With the signing of young Charlton defender Carl Jenkinson already in the bag, it is believed Wenger will now step up his interest in Blackburn skipper Chris Samba and Bolton stopper Gary Cahill as he looks to strengthen his defence.Arsenal fans have seen Manchester United and Liverpool steal a march in the summer transfer market with moves for Phil Jones and Jordan Henderson, while Wenger is facing a fight to keep hold of influential skipper Cesc Fabregas who is again being linked with a move Barcelona and Samir Nasri who is attracting interest from Manchester United.
Say Talk Sport.However some saying Man City now signed him, lol.
Gervinho Manchester City, it's almost done10.06.2011 - 14 h 41 - 19Reportedly, Manchester City reached an agreement with Lille on the transfer fee for the purchase of Gervinho"Between leaving and staying, there is always a choice. I have one year contract and we are still in discussions. What is certain is that I be prolonged, or I'm leaving, "said Gervinho two days ago. Yet earlier he had reported having already made his choice. A choice he kept still for him. Is there a chance to see him stay in Lille another season, to compete in the Champions League with LOSC?The answer is no. According to our information, Lille would come to an agreement with Manchester City about a transfer fee of € 17.5 million! A very nice amount LOSC despaired even get because of the contractual situation of the Ivorian international. Faced with greater competition on this, Manchester City pulled out the heavy artillery, a trifle for the owner Mansour, to take over.Gervinho would in turn contract with a salary loan already astronomical! The Citizens have so much ahead of Arsenal, which is hard to imagine proposing such amounts. The slight preference of the Ivory Coast for the Gunners can she let a last hope for Arsenal?

• User unpinned this topic