Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Andre Santos could be allowed to leave Arsenal - even if it leaves Arsene Wenger short of defensive options. 

Brazilian club Gremio are trying to sign Santos - who turns 30 next month - on loan as the left back's Arsenal career has turned sour. 

Santos turned down a last minute move to Galatasaray but knows his days are numbered after Arsenal signed Nacho Monreal rather than risk him as back-up for the injured Kieran Gibbs. 

The only stumbling block will be when Arsenal sanction any move as Gibbs is out for at least a month and Thomas Vermaelen - who can fill in at left back - is out with an ankle injury. 

Vermaelen is hoping to be back next weekend after having an injection to help speed up his recovery from a persistent ankle injury.

Gremio president Fabio Koff tole Radio Gualba:

"It has taken a lot of time to establish the conditions [of the deal].

"[Arsenal] is one of the biggest clubs in the world. Their figures are very different. We had patience and skill in trading. Let's wait."

The Brazilian side want Santos as cover for the injured Fabio Aurelio after failing to land first choice target Emiliano Insua.

Vasco da Gama youngster Indio has expressed his excitement at the prospect of linking up with Arsenal for a trial spell.

The highly-rated teenage midfielder will spend a few days training with the Gunners and is determined to make an impression.

He recognises that this stint in London is more about gaining experience than trying to earn a deal, but he would love to make the move to Europe permanently at some point in the future.

"I'm anxious for this new stage in my life," he told Globo Esporte.

"I'll spend a week at Arsenal. It will be cool, I hope I enjoy it.

"Of course I have the dream of playing for a European club, but everything has its right time. It will be a good experience. I want to learn."

Indio admitted he was a particular fan of Theo Walcott, adding: "I like him a lot. His style of play is very fast, which pleases me."

Andre Santos has confirmed he is set to join Gremio after travelling to Brazil to finalise a switch from Arsenal.

The Gunners have not commented on Santos' future but reports of a return to his homeland on loan surfaced after he was photographed arriving in Porto Alegre on Sunday.

The 29-year-old has now revealed his reasons for making the move to Gremio, saying that he is looking forward to the challenge and excited about playing under Vanderlei Luxemburgo.

"I have the best expectations," he told Lancenet at the airport. "They are one of the biggest clubs in the country.

"I've come to Gremio to be a champion. I am very excited about this project.

"I have dreamed of working with Luxemburgo. He is a top manager in our football."

Santos is keen to play regularly after struggling to establish himself at Arsenal, but accepts that it will take time for him to get into peak condition.

"If there was a game today, I would like to play. But I need to be match fit as I played a game one day, then not the next one," he explained.

"I'll need five or six games to be fitter. I'm anxious to know the squad."

• 1 month later...

THink its about time we got this show on the road what ya reckon

Stevan Jovetic is fast emerging as Arsenal’s No 1 summer transfer target, with the Gunners prepared to smash their transfer record to sign the Fiorentina striker.

The Montenegro international has been on Arsene Wenger’s radar for 18 months, with scouts making regular checks on the 23-year-old.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2294161/Stevan-Jovetic-20m-Arsenal-target.html#ixzz2Nn9gpUFd 

Skrtel In Gunners Link

Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel is under consideration to replace Thomas Vermaelen atArsenal should the Belgium international move at the end of the season.

Slovakia international Skrtel has fallen down the Anfield pecking order this season and his appearance in Liverpool’s 3-1 defeat at Southampton yesterday was his first in the Premier League in over a month and only his fourth in the league since Christmas.

The Sunday Mirror claims Skrtel could be on his way out of Anfield should Brendan Rodgers receive a bid of £13million and that Arsenal are one of the sides interested in him. Skrtel’s age could possibly count against him, though. At 28 he is at the upper end of the age limit for Arsene Wenger and would probably only have one contract – some four or five years – at the club should any move go ahead.

Skrtel’s former club Zenit St Petersburg are also thought to be interested.

Swansea City defender Ashley Williams is also thought to be on Arsene Wenger’s defensive target list and there are even reports that the Gunners’ boss is keen on Manchester City’sJoleon Lescott. That sounds unlikely given that Lescott will be 31 in August although the England international will be available for a cut-price £4million this summer.

Speculation has also linked Thomas Vermaelen with a move to Barcelona this summer and Arsenal could be open to the idea given that Vermaelen’s form has dipped since the Catalan side showed some interest earlier this year. The Mirror claims that Vermaelen could be on his way to the Nou Camp if Arsenal receive a bid of around £15million.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said on Friday there was no automatic recall for Vermaelen after he was dropped for Wednesday night’s 2-0 win over Bayern Munich in the Champions League and the defender spent the whole of yesterday’s victory at Swansea sitting on the bench.

Vorm In Arsenal Link

Swansea goalkeeper Michel Vorm is rumoured to be a summer target for Arsenal. The Sunday People claims that Arsene Wenger is “weighing up” a move for the 29-year-old Dutchman as a replacement for his current number one Wojciech Szczesny. The Poland international has also been relegated to the bench for Arsenal’s last two games after Wenger said he was dropping him for ‘mental’ reasons.

Lukasz Fabianski, who replaced Szczesny in the games with Bayern and Swansea, could also be on his way out of the club this summer meaning that Wenger could be looking for two keepers over the close season.

Vorm is under contract at Swansea for another three years but has a release clause in his deal which is being described as “affordable.”

Liverpool’s Pepe Reina, Barcelona’s Victor Valdes and Stoke’s Asmir Begovic have also been linked with the Gunners.

Out:

Vermaelen

Arteta

Bendtner

Fabianski

Arshavin

Squillaci

Coquelin

Mannone

Djourou

Denilson

Park

Chamakh

In:

Jovetic

Goetze 

Riena

benteke

Wanyama

Out on Loan:

Frimpong

Ryo

Afobe

Promoted:

Eisfield

Yennaris

Miquel

Gnarby

Campbell

Martinez

Released:

Boateng

Eastmond

Henderson

Aneke

It's no secret anymore that Nacho was a pre-agreed Summer transfer bumped forward due to Gibbs' injury. (1/2)

@DialSquare_1886 I think we have the same kind of agreement with capoue, wenger wanted him early but Toulouse said wait till summer

@smeagol_11 I agree. We almost, almost... Had him on Deadline day from what I heard.

@DialSquare_1886 yep we offered a few millions more but I think coz NUFC got sissoko Toulouse didn't wanna lose capoue at same time

@smeagol_11 Sissoko is the exact reason we didn't get him.

who are these two, credible much?

can i get hyped or it's another one of them ones