Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Tell Wenger, not me...

Arsenal's Olivier Giroud has eased Arsene Wenger’s striker frustrations by signing a new deal.

France international Giroud agreed the deal last season and has now put pen to paper to commit himself to the club until 2018.

Gunners boss Wenger is a huge fan of of the 28-year-old, but is still in the market for another striker this summer.

But Wenger’s moves so far have been blocked and he is adamant that he will only buy top quality, which leaves the door open for a stellar signing.

Real Madrid have insisted their striker Karim Benzema - a long-term Wenger target - is not for sale, as they do not have much back-up at the position.

Arsenal have also been linked with Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, but have been told he is not for sale.

Wenger has Theo Walcott - who is set to sign a new deal - and Danny Welbeck as options up front, so there is no panic.

But it means unless they get a late call and opportunity, Arsenal's business in the summer window has now been done.

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 12s12 seconds ago

Have been told that Arsenal are "extremely confident" of signing Benzema. There is a agreement to be made; waiting on Real. #afc

Cdofiofogndnemskdhdj it's too late for me. I'm too gassed.

Drift, help me out cuz.

+

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz...

Im guessing real want zlatan and will shift benzema if it happens ?