Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Gael Clichy has told Arsenal that he wants to leave the club with Inter emerging as favourites to land his signature.Bayern Munich are also understood to be pursuing the left-back, while Liverpool and Manchester City have both made approaches for the 25-year-old.Clichy, who has a year left on his contract, has already turned down a new deal from Arsenal and told manager Arsene Wenger he is ready to pursue a move to a new club. Sources close to the France international believe a departure is now inevitable.Inter have made their interest in Clichy clear to Arsenal and held informal talks with the player.The Gunners are demanding a £5.5 million fee for their longest-serving player and will not stand in the way of a move, given that Clichy can move for free in 12 months’ time.Should the Champions League holders meet the Gunners’ asking price then a switch could be completed early in the transfer window.Inter’s on-loan Japanese left-back Yuto Nagatomo has been a big hit at San Siro since January but Cristian Chivu struggled in that role earlier in the season and the Italian club are keen to permanently fill what has become a problem position for them.Clichy, who can also expect a hike on his £50,000-a-week wages given the more favourable tax rates in Italy, fits the bill as a proven performer at left-back.Bayern have let their interest in Clichy be known as they look to recruit a new left-back and central defender during the forthcoming window.Gael force | Clichy has made 40 starts for Arsenal this season but wants a new challengeThere is a possibility that the German club could re-shuffle their defence, buy a new right-back and put Philipp Lahm back in the position he has filled many times for the national team. But it is believed that the desired option is to bolster the left flank.As revealed by Goal.com, the club have already had meetings with Benfica left-back Fabio Coentrao, but have now targeted Clichy as a back-up option, with Real Madrid also interested in the Portuguese star.Despite missing Arsenal’s final three fixtures of the season through injury, only Bacary Sagna started as many league games (33) as Clichy this season, and only Laurent Koscielny, Jack Wilshere and Sagna exceeded his total of 40 starts for the team in all competitions.His form has improved in the second half of the season, which has been enough to keep his understudy and heir apparent Kieran Gibbs on the sidelines.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is signing Charlton's young left back Carl Jenkinson - and putting him on a four-year contract.The tall teenager, who has made just a handful of appearances for the League One outfit, is quitting to go to the Emirates at the end of his deal in the summer.Jenkinson was born in the London area but has played for both England and Finland at youth level. He is seen as a potential first-teamer with the Gunners, who have Gael Clichy and Kieran Gibbs in the position.Arsenal will pay Charlton a fee that will rise to over £1 million for his signature rather than go to a tribunal. Jenkinson is likely to stay under Wenger's wing next season but could be loaned out during the campaign.Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Arsenal-sign-Charlton-left-back-Carl-Jenkinson-article720352.html#ixzz1NHgFzLRo Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter Register here
The Finnish Football Association have confirmed that Arsenal have signed Carl Jenkinson from Charlton Athletic. A compensation package of around £1 million has been agreed.Arsenal moved for Jenkinson two months ago, after he rejected a new contract with Charlton. The life-long Gooner quickly agreed terms with the Gunners, but the two clubs have been thrashing out a compensation package, as Carl is under 24.A fee of around £3 million was initially debated for the right back, who can play anywhere along the back four or in midfield. Both parties agreed on a figure two weeks ago, and now the Finnish FA have confirmed the transfer, listing Jenkinson as a player from ‘Arsenal FC’.You can catch a full interview with a Charlton youth writer about Carl in the coming days.
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/finland-confirm-arsenal-sign-jenkinson/

Guest Portuguese

Sow I am unsure about himWhen he was at Rennes he was average very clumsy at times(he did play wide most of the time)Fast forward 2010/11 Lille pick him up on a bosman and make him the target man with Hazard/Gervinho playing off himThen WOW he has the season of his life.Potential buyers should allow him for a season or two see how he doesRemember Hoarau of 2008/09?

Arsene Wenger has dropped a major hint that he is ready to make a spectacular move for Karim Benzema.Wenger says a move for Real Madrid's French striker "doesn't seem impossible" even if it would represent a big change in transfer policy for the Arsenal manager.Wenger ready to clear the decks in anticipation of busy summer transfer window Benzema, 23, may be available this summer as Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho looks to shake-up his squad to fund a move for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.Wenger said: "Viewed from the outside, it doesn't seem impossible today. He's a player that I like."I think he's intelligent in his movement, I think he is capable of combining well and making a difference, and of doing individual moves as well. So, for me he's a player who's at the top level in the world."Wenger has insisted he will be active in the transfer window this summer but has already warned he will shy away from "£50m signings" and Arsenal would have to shatter their transfer record and pay around £20m for Benzema.But that sort of calibre of signing would please the Arsenal fans who are desperate for Wenger to break with his philosophy and spend big. Lorient's French international Kevin Gameiro is also on Wenger's list of potential strikers.

Ouyr first signing?http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/finland-confirm-arsenal-sign-jenkinson/

The Finnish Football Association have confirmed that Arsenal have signed Carl Jenkinson from Charlton Athletic. A compensation package of around £1 million has been agreed.Arsenal moved for Jenkinson two months ago, after he rejected a new contract with Charlton. The life-long Gooner quickly agreed terms with the Gunners, but the two clubs have been thrashing out a compensation package, as Carl is under 24.A fee of around £3 million was initially debated for the right back, who can play anywhere along the back four or in midfield. Both parties agreed on a figure two weeks ago, and now the Finnish FA have confirmed the transfer, listing Jenkinson as a player from ‘Arsenal FC’.You can catch a full interview with a Charlton youth writer about Carl in the coming days.
Looks mad ordinary..sigh if this is the big move wenger is on about.

Guest Klitschko

Arsene Wenger has dropped a major hint that he is ready to make a spectacular move for Karim Benzema.Wenger says a move for Real Madrid's French striker "doesn't seem impossible" even if it would represent a big change in transfer policy for the Arsenal managerWenger said: "Viewed from the outside, it doesn't seem impossible today. He's a player that I like."I think he's intelligent in his movement, I think he is capable of combining well and making a difference, and of doing individual moves as well. So, for me he's a player who's at the top level in the world."Wenger has insisted he will be active in the transfer window this summer but has already warned he will shy away from "£50m signings" and Arsenal would have to shatter their transfer record and pay around £20m for Benzema.But that sort of calibre of signing would please the Arsenal fans who are desperate for Wenger to break with his philosophy and spend big. Lorient's French international Kevin Gameiro is also on Wenger's list of potential strikers.Arsene Wenger has dropped a major hint that he is ready to make a spectacular move for Karim Benzema.Wenger says a move for Real Madrid's French striker "doesn't seem impossible" even if it would represent a big change in transfer policy for the Arsenal managerWenger said: "Viewed from the outside, it doesn't seem impossible today. He's a player that I like."I think he's intelligent in his movement, I think he is capable of combining well and making a difference, and of doing individual moves as well. So, for me he's a player who's at the top level in the world."Wenger has insisted he will be active in the transfer window this summer but has already warned he will shy away from "£50m signings" and Arsenal would have to shatter their transfer record and pay around £20m for Benzema.But that sort of calibre of signing would please the Arsenal fans who are desperate for Wenger to break with his philosophy and spend big. Lorient's French international Kevin Gameiro is also on Wenger's list of potential strikers.http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-drops-hint-about-Karim-Benzema-bid-article740434.html

WHAT A GWARN FOR THE RE-POSTS each time there only like two pages apart from each other as-well SAME articlesseriously anyways all i got from that is we will "try" like we "tried" to get Pepe Reinaand most likely realistically go for the cheaper French option