Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

thing that hurt most with Gallas is my understanding is we would still have Toure if it wasnt for himmeh while he has some points, always questioned Gallas with his media antics, even when he threatened to score "own goals" at goals at chelski then from time, i saw him give his inspirational talks, and sit on the floor crying, questionable characterhe may of been a winner at chelski, but lets not forget we had him for 5 years and won jack sh*t

Tottenham Hotspur defender William Gallas believes Arsene Wenger made a mistake in letting him leave Arsenal.Gallas departed Emirates Stadium for bitter rivals Spurs last summer after failing to agree a new contract with the Gunners.And the 33-year-old demonstrated he can still cut it in the Premier League following a solid debut season at White Hart Lane.Of his decision to part company with the Gunners, Gallas told L'Equipe: "I left Arsenal because we could not agree on a financial level."They decided to not make the effort to keep me, it is a choice I respect, and they respected the fact I didn't want the wages they proposed."Did Arsene Wenger make a mistake in not keeping me? He made a choice, but indeed I believe he made a mistake.""In the street, Arsenal's fans asked me why I left. The coach thought I was a finished player. I proved he was wrong."Gallas endured a controversial time at Arsenal, in particular during his period as captain of the club.Reflecting on his much-publicised clashes with a number of his former Gunners team-mates, he said: "When I was captain I wanted to give a message, but they didn't get it."I may have been clumsy, but the substance was right."I came from Chelsea where I won titles, and I wanted to share my experience, because I thought we missed commitment in our work."My message has not been understood and I am also responsible for that. But unfortunately the last season showed that team still misses something."It is too easy to say all the Arsenal problems came from William Gallas."Gallas also commented on his relationship with French compatriot Samir Nasri, the pair having fallen out after a dispute over France's Euro 2008 campaign.He stated: "Samir Nasri? People tried to show me as an ugly duckling, but the images showed the contrary. Samir Nasri knows the problem. He can't lie to himself."
He's right you know, to an extentAfter Toure was gone you would think everything was set up for himObv some ppl didn't like him in the squad but as he said he's a WINNER AND A BIT OF A C*NT WHICH WE NEEEEDDIt still hurts me when his captaincy went
Why? Wenger was right to strip him

Lol at them pos' for . Are Arsenal fans on here THIS STUPID.Don't get dragged into the 2nd half of the season myth with Nasri, the whole team was a joke even Messi couldn't have saved us from some of the performances we put in.I clearly remember Nasri along with Wilshere being our best performers against Barca 2nd Leg and the CC Final. He has every right to question the ambition of the club like EVERY fan should be doing.Stop telling us we can win the league every f*ck*ng year, take your finger out and show us and Europe we mean business.

Guest Klitschko

Gallas behaviour was shameful and he was deservedly stripped, he has a poor attitude, and regardless of that no black man with a gelled-up mohawk, gloves, and pink boots should be given a position of responsibility, especially if he is going to sulk on the field after a defeat. I wanted to slap him.However, losing him after other such losses of experienced players may have harmed the team in terms of mindset. Though it's questionable whether his mentality would have helped at all.

On 07/06/2011 at 0:37 PM, Turkish said:
Lol at them pos' for Afgoon. Are Arsenal fans on here THIS STUPID.Don't get dragged into the 2nd half of the season myth with Nasri, the whole team was a joke even Messi couldn't have saved us from some of the performances we put in.I clearly remember Nasri along with Wilshere being our best performers against Barca 2nd Leg and the CC Final. He has every right to question the ambition of the club like EVERY fan should be doing.Stop telling us we can win the league every f*ck*ng year, take your finger out and show us and Europe we mean business.

i didn't pos  but I sure was tempted...Some claim Nasri wants 6m a year (thats 115k a week), now Nasri been here 3 seasons, as much as I rate him and think he was unfairly criticised by some for two of those seasons, does he or anyone (on 50k and above) in our squad deserve (if true) a near 50% pay-rise? Just like I didnt think Adebayor was worth 100k a week after a 30 goal season, I just dont see how Nasri at this point deserves 115k a week.

I struggle to see how Gallas can blame Wenger for his departure, Gallas tried to milk him and Arsenal, and Wenger tried to comprimise only for him to spit on his face. How Gallas went to the Spuds and earned less money than was ever offered to him by us was a f*ck*ng dumb move, but man thought he had bare offers, only to find Dubai or 'Arry.

I'd like to hope Gervinho is being bought to replace Nicklas Bendtner. As Nicklas Bendtner is currently 3rd choice main striker that is used majority of the time as an impact sub on the RIGHT wing. Gervinho is a better fit there than LEFT winger Charles N'Zogbia.Also N'Zogbia has been quoted as 9m, Gervinho is 8.8m apparently.

N'Zogbia would be played from the left. Signing him would tell me either Nasri or Arshavin being sold and/no Wenger faith left in Vela, Rosicky, JET, Miyaichi, Pedro, etc... I personally wouldn't want N'Zogbia as Nasri's replacement.Only left side player I want is Eden Hazard or Ashley Young and that cos he can play more than just the left and is a Arsenal supporter.

While we wait for the club to start spending in the transfer market this summer, significant investment is currently being made at London Colney, Arsenal’s training ground.Already boasting facilities the envy of most clubs, further improvements are to be made over the coming months. These include resurfacing of one of the main first team training pitches along with the George Armstrong match pitch. The first team pitch will be a state of the art ‘Desso‘ pitch, similar to the one at the Emirates. Arsene Wenger is keen to replicate that surface completely for training purposes.As well as that, a single-storey building is being constructed next to the indoor training centre primarily to accomodate equipment for long-term injury rehabilitation. The club have invested in state of the art technology designed to help players recover more quickly. For instance, there will be a machine which is much like a treadmill and which involves a pressured suit – thus reducing the user’s effective weight (http://www.alter-g.com/functional-rehabilitation)It means that despite a player suffering, for example, a knee injury, they can run and train in a weightless environment, so they continue to exercise and have controlled movement in their joints and limbs. Nike have invested heavily in the company, AlterG, and this product in particular. The results have been hugely impressive in the United States and the club hope it will aid rehabilitation time significantly.The medical and rehab equipment in the gym, hyrdopool and medical rooms in the main building will continue to be used for assessment and treatment of short-term injuries, knocks and sprains etc.The equipment in the gym will see some high quality upgrades, particularly with training equipment designed to prevent strain related injuries. There is general recognition that while Arsene Wenger’s chosen style of play requires players with a high degree of athleticism, the players have been too susceptible to strain injuries, and the new exercise equipment is intended to reduce incidences of these.A number of changing rooms and office spaces are being increased or reduced in size, amounting to a significant amount of rebuilding work in the main complex. Additional changing facilities are being created on the ground floor of the new building, and will be used by the academy coaches on match days at the training ground.Arsenal fans will hope that this investment, along with improvements to the playing squad, will enable the club to go the distance in the 2011-12 season.
The agent of Lille winger Gervinho has refused to be drawn on the future of his client amid reports that several Premier League clubs are interested in signing the 24-year-old.The Daily Mail reported this morning that in a bid to steal a march on Premier League rivals Arsenal, Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur, the Citizens sent a delegation of officials to France in the hope of finalising a deal for the Ivory Coast international.It has been strongly suggested that the Gunners are City’s biggest challenger for the £8 million signature of Gervinho, with the player only willing to leave the French Ligue 1 club for a club in the Champions League.“It is difficult for me to discuss the situation because it is confidential, but it is true that many clubs in England have contacted us concerning the availability of Gervinho.” Seb Boisseau told Arseblog News.“But we have not only spoken to clubs in England, but also Italy, Germany, Spain and France. The player wants to leave Lille and his priority is a move to England, however, it is difficult for me to speak about one club for the player. He wants to leave and has contacts with England and he is determined to play in the Premier League next season.The player’s representative was then asked if Arsenal was indeed a “dream” destination for the Ivory Coast international as intimated by the player himself.“I do not know,” continued Boisseau. “For the moment he wants to think about Arsenal, Manchester City, and other clubs. It is difficult for me to comment, as you have good information and sometimes wrong information, but it is not good for me to comment, or for the clubs, or for Lille.“For the moment it is confidential, and we will wait until Gervinho makes an agreement with one club.“I think a decision will be made regarding his future by the end of the week.”
  • Upvote 2

I'd like to hope Gervinho is being bought to replace Nicklas Bendtner. As Nicklas Bendtner is currently 3rd choice main striker that is used majority of the time as an impact sub on the RIGHT wing. Gervinho is a better fit there than LEFT winger Charles N'Zogbia.Also N'Zogbia has been quoted as 9m, Gervinho is 8.8m apparently.
would rather pay the extra for a proven premiership player tbhN'Zogbia is a player who constantly loves cutting back in btw which suggests he probably prefers playing right side.

Skysports.com understands Arsenal and Liverpool are going head-to-head for defensive duo Phil Jones and Scott Dann.Blackburn's versatile youngster Jones and Birmingham centre-back Dann are both thought to be top targets for the Gunners and Reds as they look to bolster their defensive options this summer.Emirates chief Arsene Wenger has made a new central defender one of his top priorities, while Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish is looking to bolster his squad as he seeks to get the side back in the top four.Jones, who has also been employed in midfield for Rovers, is thought to be both Arsenal and Liverpool's number one target.The North London club have held a long-term interest in the England Under-21 international and had a bid rejected for Jones last summer.The Gunners are thought to have made new enquiries for Jones, but Liverpool are ready to rival their Premier League counterparts for his signature.DominantJones fits in with Liverpool's policy under new manager Kenny Dalglish and owners Fenway Sports Group to pursue young and preferably British talent.However, both sides are also keen on dominant defender Dann and are ready to move for the 24-year-old following Birmingham's relegation.Dann has established himself as one of the best young defenders in the country during the last two seasons and his absence in the heart of the Blues defence for the second half of last season through injury contributed to the club's eventual relegation.The 6ft 5in Dann, who been likened to Alan Hansen and Tony Adams, is believed to be keen to stay in the Premier League and the lifelong Liverpool fan would jump at the chance of a move to Anfield if his boyhood heroes firmed up their interest.With Jones valued in the region of £16million and Blackburn reluctant to lose the 19-year-old, Dann could find himself the preferred option of both Liverpool and Arsenal as he could represent better value for money option at £10million.
SCOTT DANNVictorMeldrew.jpg:D scott dannscott dannscott dann :D
  • Upvote 1