Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has played down speculation that he could be set to leave Emirates Stadium.The France international has seen his future with the North London club thrown into doubt following an interview in which he refused to rule out the possibility of joining Manchester United.United are in the market for a new creative playmaker this summer following Paul Scholes' decision to hang up his boots after a glittering career.Nasri is among the names to have been linked with a move to the 19-times English champions, and he did little to quell the speculation with his recent comments.But the former Marseille man, who also fired off a foul-mouthed reply to one follower on the social networking site, has now moved to ease the concerns of Gunners fans.Nasri wrote on Twitter: "I just want tell you don't listen (to) the newspaper and the rumours I will let you know if something happen."

Was only a matter of time before Sam come out denying what was said.Thing is with the last tweet, folk who type that kind of stuff on the net wouldn't back it up in the flesh.sh*t needs to get sorted out quickly, agents playing hard ball underestimating what fans can be like with social networking.

before i felt strongly that cesc wasn't gonna leave but now i feel he is gone he's still in london, and now i'm hearing that he met arsene and told him that he wants to leave/arshavin said that cesc gave everyone presents before he left and he asked him if it was a leaving gift and cesc said nothing :D

Arsenal face an uphill battle to sign Blackburn defender Phil Jones.wearethenorthbank.com understands that Jones, who is preparing to head off to the European U21 Championships in Denmark, would prefer a move to Liverpool.Arsenal are nonetheless preparing a bid for the 19-year-old who they have watched extensively since he broke into the Rovers first team in 2009-10.They face stiff competition from Liverpool who are reportedly set to make a bid for Jones also.The Gunners are focusing their attention on Jones having had an £8million bid turned down by Blackburn for Chris Samba last week.

Wrighty_8 DaGunners@Nanas08 stop stalling you French ****. You owe Arsenal, not the other way around.
Nanas08 Samir Nasri Official@immildlyracist listen come in front of me tell me what u tweet i will show who is th c***immildlyracist Ben Honey@@Nanas08 I'm sorry man I love u just don't want you to leave bro, ure such a great player and we need u, just don't say **** about leaving :D soggyNanas08 Samir Nasri OfficialI just want tell you dont listen the newspaper and the rumours i will let you know if something happen

THEO WALCOTT cannot wait to welcome Arsene Wenger's new signings to the Emirates.The England winger is thrilled by Wenger's declaration he will be making a major investment in the transfer market this summer.And he hopes the arrival of a couple of big names will convince Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri to stay.Walcott admits something at the club has to change after six years without a trophy.He said: "The manager has said he is going to spend this summer and I'm intrigued to see who we're going to get."We've got a small squad and it would be nice to see a few additions. I've heard rumours of Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and signing a player of that calibre would get the crowd on their feet and help us hold on to our best players."Of course I can understand why some of our players might be getting frustrated and thinking about leaving. They want to win things and we haven't done that for six years."I'm the same. I don't want to remembered just for being quick. I want to be in the history books for winning things like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes."I'm lucky, I'm still only 22 so I've still got a lot of time on my side."But when you're at a big club like Arsenal and playing great football, you need to be winning things and at the moment the silverware is just not there."The club are once again steeling themselves for a raid from European champions Barcelona for skipper Fabregas.And Nasri's future is also up in the air as he enters the final year of his contract with Manchester United sniffing a bargain.Walcott said: "We have to keep hold of our best players if we want to build on our team and improve."We don't want to be suddenly coming out of the top four. That just can't happen or we'll start losing the younger generation coming through."I can understand why players have got mixed emotions and it looks as though some players are going to leave."I don't know what is going to happen with Cesc. It's totally up to him but he has got a long time left on his contract."He wants to win things and it's difficult for him. But he is our captain and he means so much to the team and to our fans."He's won a World Cup and a European Championship. Having him in the dressing room is great for the younger generation and he'll help attract players to the club."It's the same with Samir Nasri."What a great season he has had. He's definitely one of our best players and we want to keep hold of him."We'll all be disappointed if he goes but it's his decision."Walcott still has no idea what went wrong last season as Arsenal went from challenging for four trophies to suffering a total collapse in the final two months.He added: "It all started to go wrong when we lost the Carling Cup final and I don't know what happened after that. Everything was still the same in training, in the way we played and the way we prepared."But we couldn't get our form back and maybe that was when something should have changed."The Carling Cup hurt everyone. Winning that first trophy meant so much to everyone and it was such a disappointment when it didn't happen."The Emirates hasn't been a fortress for us like it used to be and, without being disrespectful, we lost to lesser teams who we should be beating."We beat all the top teams - United, Chelsea and even Barcelona. But we lost to Newcastle, West Brom and Aston Villa."Now we have Manchester City, Spurs and Liverpool coming into the frame and building on their squads, so it's not going to be easy next season."Everyone at the club needs a break physically as well as mentally because things are going to change at Arsenal. We all still believe in what we're doing but we have to start winning trophies."One change Walcott would welcome is the chance to play a more central role next season.He said: "I want to play up front a bit more. I was signed as a striker and I haven't forgotten how to play there."It's difficult to get involved when you're out on the wing, especially if you make a slow start and don't get an early touch."But hopefully the boss has seen a bit more of my game coming out with goals and assists."With me being quick I can attract opponents and create more space for others."I'm not saying I'm going to win everything for Arsenal playing as a striker but I think I've developed and want to play up front."

BOLTON have told Arsenal and Manchester City they will have to pay £17million to land Gary Cahill.The England centre-back has a release clause in his contract at the Reebok allowing him to talk to clubs who hit that figure.Trotters boss Owen Coyle knows he is likely to lose Cahill this summer but is determined to get the best deal possible. And that could mean bringing in players in part-exchange.City boss Roberto Mancini is known to have put Cahill, 25, on his summer shopping list back in the spring.But Eastlands sources indicated the trail had gone cold as he had a shaky end to the season. And Mancini's need for a new defender is also less urgent with Kolo Toure now due back in early September from a drugs ban.But the chance to take a pick from fringe players like Nedum Onuoha, Dedryck Boyata and Shaun Wright-Phillips would appeal to Coyle.Arsenal are long-term admirers but much depends on whether they win the race for Blackburn's Phil Jones.
SHAKHTAR DONETSK are ready to do business with Arsenal over Willian.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been monitoring the Brazilian midfielder, 22, but is reluctant to stump up £13million.Now Ukraine outfit Shakhtar are ready to take Arsenal's own want-away Brazilian, Denilson, in part-exchange plus £4m.Willian has attracted interest from around Europe but has made it clear he wants a move to the Premier League.
Southampton have attempted to ward off interest from Arsenal and Manchester United in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain by putting an astonishing £15 (€17) million price tag on the wonderkid.Arsenal came close to securing a £10m (€11.2m) deal for the attacking midfielder at the end of the January window following weeks of talks with the newly promoted Championship club. They remain optimistic of signing the England under-21 international but sources say there are no signs of a swift resolution.Goal.com can reveal that only a last-minute intervention from Sir Alex Ferguson prevented the deal being completed as Southampton accepted that the player, who does not turn 18 until August, wanted to continue his development at the highest level.It is understood that Sir Alex advised Oxlade-Chamberlain’s camp in January to hold fire and stay at St Mary’s Stadium for another six months.Now, sources close to the situation have told Goal.com that Oxlade-Chamberlain's camp believe he will get more first-team opportunities in the short and medium term at Arsenal rather than at United.However, Southampton have hardened their stance since winning automatic promotion from League One last month and want Oxlade-Chamberlain to lead their bid for back-to-back promotions. The teenager was a key player last season, scoring 10 goals and claiming nine assists in 34 league matches, 27 of which he started.Saints chairman Nicola Cortese has been publicly critical of the attempts by Premier League clubs to sign his prize asset, singling out Arsene Wenger for particular criticism.Cortese is in the rare position for a lower league chairman of not having to sell to make ends meet. Southampton’s late billionaire owner Markus Liebherr guaranteed the club’s financial future before his death last year and made provisions for some prodigious spending by the club. The Saints are expected to be one of the most active Championship clubs in the transfer market this summer.Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool, who all made bids in January for the youngster, are continuing to monitor Oxlade-Chamberlain’s situation even though he has set his heart on a move to Emirates Stadium.Oxlade-Chamberlain became the second youngest debutant - behind Walcott - in the newly promoted Championship club’s history in March of last year when he made his first Southampton appearance aged 16 years and 199 days.Arsenal are also being frustrated in their bid to prize rookie left-back Luke Shaw, dubbed ‘the new Gareth Bale’, from St Mary’s.Shaw does not turn 16 until next month but he has impressed Arsenal scouts with his ability to carry the ball forward and convert defence into attack.However, Shaw has been with Southampton since the Under-9s age group and has indicated that he has no desire to switch clubs at this stage.

SHAKHTAR DONETSK are ready to do business with Arsenal over Willian.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been monitoring the Brazilian midfielder, 22, but is reluctant to stump up £13million.Now Ukraine outfit Shakhtar are ready to take Arsenal's own want-away Brazilian, Denilson, in part-exchange plus £4m.Willian has attracted interest from around Europe but has made it clear he wants a move to the Premier League.
:D :D Any news with Denilson is good news.LOL @ £17 mill for Cahill. Buying English is truly fakkt.LOL @ £13 mill for unknown kid. What has happened to the transfer market

17m for Cahill isn't even lol'worthy, hes not worth that obviously butIn DemandNot old and coming into peak yearsEnglishInternationalClub don't particularly want to sell but will if a good offer comes inPlayer is under contract that isn't expiring anytime soonPlayer isn't trying to force his way out the club= 17mWe obviously shouldn't pay that but the way the market is and the circumstances, Bolton have valued him at the correct price for them.

• User unpinned this topic