Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

After weeks of speculation Lille have confirmed that Ivorian international Gervinho is in talks with Arsenal about a move to the Emirates.The 24-year-old winger has been courted by several Premier League clubs in recent weeks with Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United heavily tipped to make big money bids.It now appears that Arsene Wenger has stolen a march on rival suitors as he looks to seal a £10 million deal for the versatile attacker.Speaking to French radio station RMC, Lille club director Freddy Paquet confirmed:“He actually wants to go.We have developed contacts with Arsenal. We will soon discuss with them to see what they want. He expressed his desire to leave for England so we’ll see what will happen.“Gervinho chose to leave for England, so that limits the scope of the situation. We will meet soon with Arsenal, see what they offer – but he is a player of value.”Last week Gervinho went public on his desire to test himself in England before snubbing an approach from French rivals Paris Saint Germain.“My mind is made up, I am leaving,” he told Skysports.com.“I have made my mind up. I will soon meet the club and let them know, but they understand my feelings that I want to prove myself in a top league in Europe.“My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England.”

French football correspondent Philippe Auclair discusses the Arsenal's move for' Ivorian attacker Gervinho as well as PSG's prolonged bid to entice Arsene Wenger back to France.http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/kickoff/blog/2011-06-14/auclair-arsenal-looks-certain-be-gervinhos-destination"French Football Expert Phillip Au Clair: "Arsene Wenger joining PSG next year is a real possibility""

Auclair chatting shite.5th June 2011, Arsene Wenger when asked on the chance of him joining PSG... "My name should be crossed off list. I have a contract and have a habit of respecting that."He confirmed that he has spoken and advised The Qatari investors, meanwhile trying to lure Sakho to Arsenal.

MAN like Turkish nearly jumped for joy when they heard about Wenger PSG :D

Jermain. Defoe. Arsenal.What are these words and why do I keep earing them together... Tell me its just some knobhead with too much money that went in the bookies.
Sounds like Anelka been hitting the bookies ard, must of had a change of heart about Jermaine Jenas

@barcastuff

Cesc (Arsenal): "I'm very happy, I'm an Arsenal player now, and that's it. Wenger knows what I want and he's the boss, he decides." #fcblive
Cesc: "It's frustrating not to win trophies. Barcelona are a great club, the best in the world, and playing there is a guarantee to win."
Cesc: "I won't step forward and say I want to join Barça. After 8 years at Arsenal, I won't harm the club. That's not my way of being."
note: cesc was speaking at the launch of a perfume in madrid #fcblive

Arsenal have edged ahead of Manchester City in the £17million race for Gary Cahill.Arsene Wenger wants at least one centre-half with Premier League experience and has identified Cahill and Blackburn’s Chris Samba.Whereas, Wenger faces a fight to prise Samba away from Rovers, Bolton are prepared to sell Cahill for the £17million release clause inserted into his contract.City had made all the running for Cahill, but the deal has run into problems because Dedyrck Boyata does not want to move the other way as a makeweight in the deal. Owen Coyle also wants Nedum Onuoha and is yet to hear if the defender is willing to come to the Reebok.Wenger is prepared to pay £17million straight cash and this will appeal to the Bolton board with the club hugely in debt.
Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Arsenal-ahead-of-Manchester-City-in-race-for-Bolton-Gary-Cahill-article747079.html#ixzz1PN30Q5ZZ Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter Register here

Cesc Fabregas has admitted he is frustrated at Arsenal's lack of recent success but maintains he is happy at Emirates Stadium.The Spain international continues to be linked with a return to Barcelona, where he started his career before moving to North London as a teenager.The 24-year-old insists that no decision has been reached over his future and admitted that the Gunners and manager Arsene Wenger would have a major say over where he is playing his football next season.Fabregas, who missed the closing weeks of the season through injury, revealed he had not spoken to Wenger since early May when he was interviewed at a promotional event in Spain.The gifted midfielder remains confident that the Gunners can end their six-year silverware drought, but would not be drawn over the latest Camp Nou reports when the question was inevitably raised.Lying"He (Wenger) is the boss, the one who makes the decisions. You should ask him. I was injured at the end of the season and I haven't seen him for about six weeks." Cesc FabregasQuotes of the weekFabregas said: "A player who is not frustrated at not winning titles is either lying to himself or lacks ambition."There is a good team and a good manager and one of the most faithful fan bases in Europe. With those I believe we can make progress and one day win an important trophy."I am an Arsenal player. I have been very happy for eight years and I am very happy. I am not thinking about football right now, just about my holidays."There have been no decisions. The truth is that it doesn't always depend on the player and at the moment I don't know anything."He (Wenger) is the boss, the one who makes the decisions. You should ask him. I was injured at the end of the season and I haven't seen him for about six weeks."I am very happy where I am. Anything else would be speculation that is untrue. You can never say never in this life as so many things happen that you can never predict."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6990509,00.html

TBH, Cesc isn't going anywhere simply because Barcelona do not have the money to pay for what we require.And I doubt their board will sanction a transfer for £35m + for what will essentially be a squad player, especially with Thiago steadily improving.I'm more worried about Nasri than Cesc TBH.

I'm more worried about Nasri than Cesc TBH.
This.At least Cesc repeatdly comes out and says he wants to stay and has stuck to his word.Nasri, the first hint at leaving and he goes quiet for ages with worrying signs left right and centre.I see Nasri more off a snake than Cesc, think Cesc has Arsenal imprinted in his DNA now whilst Nasri probably still a disbeliever.

"I want to clarify that there has been no break with the Gunners over the contract's renewal and we should meet again soon with Arsene Wenger. There are a few clubs interested in Samir, but it is useless to name them. Before listening to other teams, we need and we want to talk with Arsenal."Samir Nasri's representative Alain Migliaccio