To weave or not to weave

Gunner

Copied someone's note from facebook. An old(er) guy.

Spot on. Guy should hand this out at hairdressers.

To weave or not to weave........again,Share

Today at 10:55

OK so there I was on the last flight out of London heading for Kingston and I spent 9 1/2 hours beside a lady with the most dreadful weave. This inspired me to write this short guide to making your weave acceptable.

Before I go into this perhaps I should explain my aversion to weaves and make a few confessions. Yes I have dated women who wear weaves. Yes I have seen nice looking weaves. And yes it is highly likely that I will date a woman with a weave in the future.

So why do I appear to be on an anti weave campaign? It’s false. Yep it’s that simple. But let me add this. Perhaps it would no be such an issue if a decent proportion of black sisters did not wear weaves. Subject to my upcoming summer survey, I think it is fair to suggest that at least 7/10 black women in the UK have or are currently wearing weaves. In short weaves are in my face everywhere I go. Man, I attend Adornment each year just to savour the natural hair vibe, which that exhibition always brings.

Walking down any high street in London and it is clear that if I opt to date only women without a weave I am limiting myself tremendously. When you combine that with my other criteria the word celibacy springs to mind. They say if you can’t beat them, bring them up to your level and so here goes.

What follows is my guide to a better weave.

Rule One.

Pay peanuts get monkeys. Ladies perhaps the key to a decent weave is cost because in this case cost buys not just quality but also a properly skilled beautician to install weave.

Rule two

If it is a wig then please don’t allow your natural hair to peep out because the wig is slipping. This is like watching a horror movie where the infected human slowly metamorphoses’ into a beast from the under world.

Rule three.

After a night of passion spend a couple minutes collecting the fallen hair. Sad as it is that we have had to date a weave wearing beauty it is even grimmer spending the next week finding strands of false hair in every room you visited. (Plus it reeks havoc on a players game).

Rule four.

For the brothers less attuned to The Weave Concept give them a warning. Nothing ruins the romantic mood more then sensation of having your fingers caught in a rope trap while attempting to caress gently your fingers through the hair of the chosen one.

Rule five

Back to wigs. Never become so comfortable that you surprise us by removing the wig before our eyes. This may only be done after a trip to above mentioned quality hairdresser. The best of us will stand there in stunned silence while the less robust will run.

Rule six

Never allow the white plastic base of a weave/wig to show. See rule one

Rule seven

Attempt to get a weave that bears some resemblance to your own hair both in terms of colour and texture. Again see rule one.

Rule eight

Don’t use a weave to create elaborate hair do’s. Not sure why but this serve to extenuate the falseness of the weave/wig.

Rule nine (And this one is really important)

When wearing a weave limit rapid head movements to an absolute minimum. Why? Even the most expensive weave cannot defy the Laws of Physics. It is almost cartoon like watching a weave attempt to keep up with a rapid nod. Inertia will always win.

Not really a rule just some general points

Never believe for a moment that anyone thinks it’s your hair. Receipt or not it is not yours and no one (even your best mate) believes it’s yours. Remember most men can in fact spot a weave at a hundred paces, truth is you are not fooling anyone. Also we men do not believe it’s easier to care and less hassle because we have seen the truth.

OK that’s it from me. Hope you all have a weave free day.

tired of hearing guys complaining about weave

most of the girls ive linked weaves have been fine. as long as it looks good whats the problem.

if it doesn't then move on

Far too often than not, it DOESNT look good.

Evryone's moving on, just stating our grievances b4hand

White girls are bigger culprits of this especially extensions

>>>Weave

c/s, been seeing a lot more white girls with ridiculously bait weaves recently.

my current pet peeve atm though are (bad) lacefront wigs. how can your hairline start 2cm above your eyebrows

tired of hearing guys complaining about weave

most of the girls ive linked weaves have been fine. as long as it looks good whats the problem.

if it doesn't then move on

Far too often than not, it DOESNT look good.

Evryone's moving on, just stating our grievances b4hand

then turn ur head mate

its like complaining why are some girls ugly (slyly baffed at myself for this analogy but i hope u kno what i mean)

/

what we (guys) really should be complaining about is girls that wear these

PE4-JIL14-CH-JP-BIG_ZOOM.jpg

FLAT SHOES

YUKKKKK

nothing more off putting for me these days then when i see a girl wear these dunno why

• Upvote 2