Profession & Salary

Sub_Zero

I graduated last year,I'm doing freelance graphic and web design as well as temp work. earnings will be around the 17k mark.

My current clients are getting sick deals cos I'm willing to put more into projects than they're paying for because I'm bulking up my portfolio, once the portfolio is tonk (which will be soon at this rate) the rates are going up.

lol@ ease and her chapters of sh*t.

/

as someone who knows very well about the benefit system eskay,

either your bro hasnt passed habitual residency testing, or there's something missing in how you explained it

cos theres no way he can be officially diagnosed with MS and not be on some form of DLA which automatically entitles him to housing support

even if he can walk, he should still be receiving some form of benefits, which would include housing/council tax benefits

• Upvote 1

i no what u are all saying but trust me the sh*t depresses me everyday i dread going to bed knowing ive gotta wake up to the same bullshit. foreigners are wack anyway ive had enough of the job when i get home the last thing i wanna do is go and do more work. bit of a sh*t situation really

Analyst at an investment bank.

converting it back to GBP, salary works out to about 40 000

respect. what bank & what division do you work in if you dont mind me asking? front/middle office?

i was applying left right and centre for an intern at a big bank this year but didnt manage to get one. was a bit depressing and was thinking maybe i should of considered different kind of positions and firms maybe, but been hearing from my mate whose a recruiter for a bank that the general intake has been squeezed because of what happened with the economy and it hasnt changed much even though the economy is in recovery. i was told that id have better luck when i try to apply for a graduate scheme, but still IB is a very competitive field.

@eskay - you're living above your means if you're earning over £44K and are broke at the end of each month. which family members are you giving £500 to each month? sorry but you need to start decreasing the amount you give them because you have your OWN family and a new baby on the way.

/

in final year of uni but i have an interview for a grad job next week which starts on £27K in the finance department of a big company

I mainly look after my brother whos 32 and disabled with MS and is receivin zero fundin from the Govt no disability nothing and he has a baby girl and a wife. Im puttin food on his table cause his my bro.

Once he gets set with disability allowance i wont have to keep fundin him.

props

ye on a level, major ratings.

to have the motivation and drive to work and grind to that level is very admirable and a strong quality. it defines character imo. some people might think that your killing yourself a bit too much or earning for stuff that you dont need to (like your wife's student loan, etc), but i think you should take pride in being a strong "bread winner" and trying to gain financial control. it WILL payoff in the end, if you work hard and strategise your finances you can reap the rewards later.

@eskay - you're living above your means if you're earning over £44K and are broke at the end of each month. which family members are you giving £500 to each month? sorry but you need to start decreasing the amount you give them because you have your OWN family and a new baby on the way.

/

in final year of uni but i have an interview for a grad job next week which starts on £27K in the finance department of a big company

I mainly look after my brother whos 32 and disabled with MS and is receivin zero fundin from the Govt no disability nothing and he has a baby girl and a wife. Im puttin food on his table cause his my bro.

Once he gets set with disability allowance i wont have to keep fundin him.

Deep.

/

either your bro hasnt passed habitual residency testing, or there's something missing in how you explained it

cos theres no way he can be officially diagnosed with MS and not be on some form of DLA which automatically entitles him to housing support

even if he can walk, he should still be receiving some form of benefits, which would include housing/council tax benefits

I dont kno man some days it gets to me some days i have to remain strong for him. He was diagnoised in early 08 started applying for disability around mid summer time, He has proof from all the weekly doctor he has to go to. Yet they withold his allowance, He is entitled but they are currently witholding his backlog of payments from Summer 08 - Present.

My sister in law gets housing benefits, child benefits, income support and that is about it. on my brothers side of things he doesnt receive jack jones.

Boy, Eskay I have nothing but respect for the way you are looking after your brother. Keep it up. I can only assume eventually the backlog of payments will come through and then you're good.

/

Time to be looking for a new job. Now I'm not having to do all these extra hours to get the stupid amount of work I had done I can actually spend time looking for jobs.

/

I dont kno man some days it gets to me some days i have to remain strong for him. He was diagnoised in early 08 started applying for disability around mid summer time, He has proof from all the weekly doctor he has to go to. Yet they withold his allowance, He is entitled but they are currently witholding his backlog of payments from Summer 08 - Present.

My sister in law gets housing benefits, child benefits, income support and that is about it. on my brothers side of things he doesnt receive jack jones.

My uncle has MS so I can imagine how difficult it must be for you. Terrible terrible disease and the way your standing by him and supporting him is commendable. I hope the progression of the disease isnt too bad and manageable. All the best to you and your fam

I'm suprised no one works in sales. No cap to you're earnings and the better you become and harder you work the money you earn.

For anyone wanting more a challenge, entry level sales jobs are one of the easiest things to get. They judge you mainly based on you're personality, not on you're qualifications. If you can't sell, get a book from Tom Hopkins called "How to Master the Art of Selling" read that with an open mind and watch you're work life improve.

-------------------------------------------------

F*cking hell Venom, for an over opinionated idiot you're on a hell of alot of money. Unlike some people here who are pretending to be on more than they are, I know you're being serious.

Universal Music

IT Support

26k, not including expenses

IT contractor > _________________

26K for IT Support??!!

Are you front line support?

Is that a Ldn wage?

Yeah London and 1st line, you always earn more as contracting

CW Jobs is the 1 for IT roles

lol, the amount of expenses you can claim as a contractor is pretty good too.

Guest Esquilax

Universal Music

IT Support

26K for IT Support??!!

Is that a Ldn wage?

Trusay the music industry still burns money like it's nothing though, especially Universal

Universal Music

IT Support

26K for IT Support??!!

Is that a Ldn wage?

lol, the amount of expenses you can claim as a contractor is pretty good too.

lol hotels, petrol, food, general expenses, mine is normally 6-700 a months, only need to provide petrol receipts lol

I wish I could im paying student loan off for me and the missus, insurance, sky, line rentals = 100 quid per month for our lines.

credit card debts monthly.

Honestly, So many expenses life is f*ckin hard on your own.

I'd work 5 jobs if i didnt have to f*ckin rest.

Big up you fam. To think, there are certain bitch's getting this life and f*ck*ng out on their man cos he's never about to give her love. I hope she's grateful

Big respect to Eskay

/

I swear people from outside London drive here every morning just to collect higher wages, then return to their lower-cost county living so they can pick up a surplus?

Is this true?

Yeah, many do that, dunno about drive though, train yes easily, Cambridge - London etc

They pick up the London weighting even though not living in London