Afro in the Workplace

Doug

see i been growing my afro for the summer

but i just wanted to know is it acceptable to work in a mainly 'white'/ 'suits' 'environment in the office

especially when im gonna be new there

with an afro...i was gonna shape it up but my mums saying to cut it off?

Guest El Padrino

see i been growing my afro for the summer

but i just wanted to know is it acceptable to work in a mainly 'white'/ 'suits' 'environment in the office

especially when im gonna be new there

with an afro...i was gonna shape it up but my mums saying to cut it off?

Take heed of what mumzie's talking about or the above posts. How did you present yourself at the interview?

I wouldnt advise it

I had my afro out at my old companies Christmas party, lol wasnt intended just that my ex girl flopped me so I had no choice.

was all well and good but then once the drinks started flowing I had several drunken incidents including being referenced to 'someone they saw on crime watch' and other general tasteless white jokes.

In conclusion an afro will draw attention, and I hate drawing attention to myself

Guest Esquilax

I wouldnt advise it

I had my afro out at my old companies Christmas party, lol wasnt intended just that my ex girl flopped me so I had no choice.

was all well and good but then once the drinks started flowing I had several drunken incidents including being referenced to 'someone they saw on crime watch' and other general tasteless white jokes.

In conclusion an afro will draw attention, and I hate drawing attention to myself

Lmao

Why didn't you sue for racial discrimination?

Or at least call them a bunch of pale small phallused paedophiles