WANKSHAVIN: Wenger is a shit manager

MEIRELES.

"Even playing just one season for Barcelona would make a pinnacle of my whole career," Arshavin told Sport-Express newspaper.

"Barca are the best team in the world and I enjoy their style of play so much. But after watching them against Arsenal the enjoyment has quickly turned into sorrow.

He said: "It's all (Jose) Mourinho's magic. He is a genius.

"I think there are three coaches who are the best in the world - (England manager) Fabio Capello, Jose Mourinho and (former Russia manager) Guus Hiddink. If I would pick a coach for the Russian national team, I'd want one of them to be our boss.

"(Arsenal manager) Arsene Wenger is also a good coach but not for Russia.

This guy is a COMPLETE c*ck.

c*nt. Glad we didnt compete to buy him even though he ended us on numerous occasions. Any hardcore egotist talks so much sh*t.

hes a truth talker tbh

• Upvote 1

"(Arsenal manager) Arsene Wenger is also a good coach but not for Russia.

Not a par, cos tbh Wenger would say he'd never manage Russia, plus his point I think is that these are managers who build tactical teams as opposed to technical teams and Russian natonal team needs to be tactically correct.

My issue with arshavin is just that he's talking AGAIN.

Arsène Wenger is highly sceptical over quotes attributed to Andrey Arshavin that suggested the Russian midfielder had his heart set on a move to Barcelona.

This week the 28-year-old was reported to have said it would be the “pinnacle of his career” to play for the Spanish champions at some point. However at his press conference on Thursday afternoon, the Arsenal manager said these words were not supported by Arshavin’s actions.

In fact Wenger believes the player’s real feelings may have been lost in translation.

"Yes, I’m very disappointed [by this story] because he shows a completely different attitude [to me],” said the manager. “He wants to extend his contract with us and stay with us so the noise coming out of Russia is very difficult to explain. He looks to be very happy here.

"You should ask him where it comes from,” Wenger told journalists. “Usually you have direct access to him, you can ask him where that comes from. I don’t forbid you to talk to him. But I take with a little bit of distance what comes back translated sometimes with the help of some agents who want to move the players.

"I think everybody has the freedom to speak but you want to make sure first of all that you respect your club. I just put a question mark on the things that come back translated.”

However while the authenticity of the quotes were in doubt, Wenger made it clear he would not tolerate any player expressing a desire to leave so openly.

“We do not of course accept that,” he said. “When you are at Arsenal you are at Arsenal. When you are somewhere else you are somewhere else. I believe that your pride mean that first you defend your club."

Andrey Arshavin has re-iterated that he is happy and grateful to be at Arsenal.

This week the Russian international was reported to have remarked that a move to Barcelona would be "the pinnacle of his career". A statement that naturally led to speculation of a summer move.

At his press conference on Thursday, Arsène Wenger remained sceptical about the validity of the quotes. Speaking in Russian newspaper Sport Express on Friday, Arshavin corrected his position and revealed he was used to all the rumours.

"I respect the club and I am happy that I am a part of it," he said. " I am very grateful to the Arsenal fans, who love me.

"I am often translated wrongly. If I talk to the English press, there is no problem but when I say something in Russia, some special news agency takes it, translates it and sells these quotes.

"During the process of interpretation they translate my words as they see fit. I find this unpleasant because people might think I said something that, in fact, I never said."

shorter players usually do have a belly