Pull-ups/Chin-ups...

Michel Kane

my advice is forget about assisted pull ups, and negatives. can you do ONE good pull up? if you can, then thats all you need to do. one good rep, rest and then try for another. chances are you would be able to bang out at least 3 good reps within 15-20minutes.do this every 3 days (unless youve really hammered shoulders or biceps the day before)as you train the rest of your body, youll become stronger and try and add just one extra rep to pull ups every week.so it doesnt matter if you can only do two good reps now, if you're consistent you'll be able to do 8-10 within a few weeks.after you warm up, do pull ups first before other excersizes too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Pull-ups/Chin-Ups are in my gym program I've just started doing again, but I can't do 'em for sh*t.TBH, I don't think I'm strong enough right now. (I weigh 85.5KG)The program says I should STICK with trying to do 'em & not do lat pull-downs to compensate...Any tips/advice?
didn't even read this, IMO if u can't even do one you need to build up ur strength to a point where u can at least complete one rep, do that by training with lat pull downs. that's wot i did and now i can do them fairly easily, see post above.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Triple XXX

u can get the one that u put in the door way, can be used for sit ups aswellf*ck knows what its called tho im sure one of the gym goons does

Guest Yilmaz

I do mine at the end of a boxing/weights session. 3 sets of 10 wide arm and 10 tricep dips in between each set.I think calisthenics are the best form of strength building for boxers. It always makes me laugh when guys lift X amount of weight but can't do ten pull ups.