Eduardo admits season struggle

TF S4DK

Arsenal forward Eduardo accepts things have not gone quite to plan for him this season.The 27-year-old has battled back from a career-threatening injury after suffering a broken leg and ankle at Birmingham two years ago.However the Croatian striker has struggled for consistency having found the net just six times in 31 appearances - most of which have been from the substitutes' bench.The Gunners are still hot on the heels of Bordeaux hit-man Marouane Chamakh which could mean the former Dinamo Zagreb striker will no longer be in Arsene Wenger's plans unless he manages to stay free from injury and his form rapidly improves."I am happy because I have played in some games, but also disappointed because I missed a lot of opportunities," Eduardo told Arsenal TV Online."But that is normal and I have been doing very well for the team. Maybe I have been playing like that this season - more than a goalscorer."InjuriesAfter having the best part of a year on the sidelines, Brazilian-born Eduardo has conceded that his body will take longer to recover as he continues to work hard in a bid to regain full match fitness."I have had a couple of muscle injuries this season, and been out for a few weeks," he said."So maybe my body was not ready because I had been out with a long injury and needed maybe one week more to get 100 per cent fit."Eduardo insists that, despite recent slip-ups seeing the Gunners miss out on the challenge for the Premier League title this season, Wenger's men will not be taking it easy."We are professionals and must be ready for anything in life, so we must continue to play, trying to win the game and be close to the top," he added.