Don't worry guys, Denilson & J. Cole are gonna be my new Petit & Vieira...

Michel Kane

Arsene Wenger admits Joe Cole would be an 'interesting target', but believes Arsenal's midfield is not an area that requires urgent strengthening.Cole's contract at Chelsea expires at the end of the season and he has yet to reach an agreement regarding an extension with the Premier League leaders.Chelsea's title rivals Manchester United have been mooted as admirers of the England international, while Tottenham Hotspur and former club West Ham United have been linked with a surprise swoop.Reports have also claimed that Arsenal could make a bid for the schemer, but while Wenger acknowledges Cole's status as a free agent has some appeal, adding another creative element to his team is not a priority."Joe Cole is an interesting target, but do I have enough players in those positions? We shall see," said Wenger in the Daily Star Sunday.Improved midfieldThe Arsenal manager has been happy with the performances of his midfielders this season and, with the likes of Alex Song, Abou Diaby and Denilson at his disposal, he no longer needs to worry about finding a replacement for Patrick Vieira.He added: "First of all I must say that no matter how much money you spend to find a Patrick Vieira [it is hard to do]. Since I am in England, I hear 'this is the new Patrick Vieira' when a guy is tall and strong."But I believe strongly that our midfield are developing very well with Song, Diaby and Denilson because they are young, very young, but different to Patrick Vieira."I believe in them because if you compare them two years ago and this year they are tremendously improved and if they continue to play together, especially with Fabregas, they have a good understanding."I believe the midfield was not a problem this year because we created so many chances from midfield and we dominated nearly all the games in midfield. I don't think we had a big problem in there. I believe we had a problem of efficiency defensively."
SMH

Meh.. Look at it this way.. No way are going to sign 4-5 players It will be 3 max and thats probably pushing it.Seems like striker might be done, we need a GK and we need a CB (regardless of the gallas situation)We'll be lucky to see those get done tbh.. We need another DM but Id rather get the other areas sorted.Hope im wrong though and Wenger buys all the players we need (pause).

Denilson is a developing central midfielder.He's the kind of the CM who has to able to READ a game very well, which he cannot do. He also isn't imposing enough. Physically nor mentally, therefore, he isn't good enough to be a 1st teamer for Arsenal which he is ATM.I'd still keep him, but relying on him is our problem.

• Upvote 2

Denilson is a developing central midfielder.He's the kind of the CM who has to able to READ a game very well, which he cannot do. He also isn't imposing enough. Physically nor mentally, therefore, he isn't good enough to be a 1st teamer for Arsenal which he is ATM.I'd still keep him, but relying on him is our problem.
would pos if i had any left

are sol & gallas renewing/renewed their contracts?
Reading between the lines...Wenger is letting Silvestre & Senderos leave (thank God). Nordtveit back from loan will replace one of them, and we will hopefully sign ONE CB. Wenger will say Song can also play CB and Nordtveit can also play in midfield. Djourou is "like a new signing".Wenger said Gallas has till the end of May to announce what he is doing, if he gone we definitely keeping Campbell.I honestly think Fabianski if he doesnt f*ck up in the next 2 games, he will be our number 1.

I'm more inclined to agree with this than say he's sh*t. I'm sorry, but sh*t is harsh IMO.

Hold on, WHO in the Arsenal midfield DOES know how to defend?If it wasn't for school boy error after school boy error with Arsenal when they DON'T have the ball we'd have achieved something this season.Lol @ picking out JUST Denilson. The only one who I'd probably defend from tracking back and doing defensive duties is Song and maybe just maybe Diaby. The rest are just as shocking as each other.

Hold on, WHO in the Arsenal midfield DOES know how to defend?If it wasn't for school boy error after school boy error with Arsenal when they DON'T have the ball we'd have achieved something this season.Lol @ picking out JUST Denilson. The only one who I'd probably defend from tracking back and doing defensive duties is Song and maybe just maybe Diaby. The rest are just as shocking as each other.
I think the reason we single out Denilson is because it's his MAIN role to track runners, protect the backline, etc....However, Wenger is being stubborn as f*ck & genuinely believes there's an anchorman somewhere & it's costing us.

They are, which is why it's not even a singling out thing to that extent.But (After Song) he and Diaby, when they play, should be playing as the next in line defensively, seeing as Fabregas is always going to look to get involved in attack. Like you said, sometimes Diaby does do a bit of defensive work.He's also prone to switching off, as evident in the Wigan game.But I could say at least one or two things that the other midfielders bring to the team, more time it would be an attacking dimension but it's all stuff that Denilson doesn't produce.Arsenal cannot defend as a team, and it wont change any time soon. I'm well aware of that and have been for a long time.However, IMO Denilson is the main culprit for slack/non existent defensive play, out of the central midfielders that play quite frequently.

Denilson gets singled out because...We use to think he was a defensive midfielder.Then we realised he isn't... Like we realised Diaby isn't.However we realised Diaby offers something going forward, and at times he shows promise of a fantastic fooballer at times. Denilson offers nothing going forward and has consistently performed average. So much so he doesnt deserve his ranking within the squad. Fabregas is better than him, Diaby better than him, Ramsey better than him and now we need to sign another midfielder to play ahead of him. Preferably a real defensive midfielder and not Craig Eastmond.

diaby>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this guy is always the one building attack for us, he small lil runs make difference tbh we just need a straight f*ck the long ting goal scoring striker, experienced enough to put the ball at the back of the net under pressure