jury duty

The Somalian

Anyone done this?

Could you do it?

Personally unless person is some cold blooded killer, paedophile or some next f*cked up ting I would always find the person on trail not guilty.

Can not send next person to prison would not be able to sleep at night especially if it some circumstantial case like drug dealing, fraud, robbery etc

i think this has got to a difficult task, especially in a really ambiguous case like a rape charge or something, where its one word against another.

basically they say 'beyond reasonable doubt' which means if you have doubts about person's guilt you cant convict. also you have to reach an agreement with a group of total strangers who will have their own opinions and maybe prejudices, i reckon there must be bare clashes.

Guest Esquilax

A lot of the time it's a waste of time

You go to the court, and it all depends on whether you get called in to a trial or not, if not then you just have to sit there all day, for like a week or so.

Also, the whole law system falls apart if you're not going to send guilty criminals to jail because you 'can't sleep at night', it's not meant to be an emotional thing..

Funny you brought this up just last week two guys from my endz got found not guilty for murder and to b honest im shocked because by what i read in the local newspaper the prosecutor gave a good case.

However there was no evidence apart from a witness.

If i were part of that jury i would not allow myself to be outvoted when it came to giving a verdict.

Got called for Jury duty on the 17th May, but im excempt from it because of how far on i am in my pregnancy. Thankfully

I don't really want the responsability of someones freedom or lack of on my conscience. Depending on the case you will have a few people there looking for closure on something. It's a hard one but end of the day if you have to weight up the evidence and go with your what you think is right.

Anyone done this?

Could you do it?

Personally unless person is some cold blooded killer, paedophile or some next f*cked up ting I would always find the person on trail not guilty.

Can not send next person to prison would not be able to sleep at night especially if it some circumstantial case like drug dealing, fraud, robbery etc

bruv stealling cant be given a blind eye. if they was stealing money from you im sure you wouldnt just let it be because "he is doing his ting" or "he is hustling to live" or *insert generic ghetto philosphies*.

if they got caught thats their own fault and they gotta face the consequences.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt bother doing it, waste of time.

I thought unless your excempt from it ie know the person on trial or doctor signs you off for medical reasons that if you just don't turn up there are concequences or am I getting that muddled up with something else?

@ J, u cant simply decide not to be out voted such is the nature of voting

@ EASE, you can turn down jury service like my mum n aunt have in the past

I'd do it regardless of the case as i'm assured in my judgement.

They don't make that clear on the information they send you out, infact they want you to give medical reasons to why your excempt from being on the Jury and they will let you know if they accept that. I rang up and they she asked me how far on in my pregnancy I was before she said that i'd be excempt but yet still wanted me to get my doctor to write a letter saying my dob and expectant date of delivery. Assholes!

@ J, u cant simply decide not to be out voted such is the nature of voting

@ EASE, you can turn down jury service like my mum n aunt have in the past

I'd do it regardless of the case as i'm assured in my judgement.

Yh i hear that but i would still try and convince the others what im saying is right. Cos in groups there are ALWAYS 'sheep' and 'shepards', i would hope i could be the latter.

Maybe the jury process has changed but you could turn it down there are a million and one reasons you could give, saying you have bad judgement, prejudice towards certain race/religion/class/background etc, fear from retribution, fear of courts lol

There is no way you can be forced into a murder trial (which is what my mum and aunt had) but maybe they are not as lenient in lower profile cases.

depends what sort of case it is

in scotland we have sheriff court (petty stuff) and high court (serious stuff)

sheriff court is long. sit about, wait to be called, get sent home etc.

at the same time

high court is BAIT

a friend was involved in sending someone down for 6 years. he was a heroin dealer. guys family etc were there kids crying shouting for their dad etc when he was sentenced - heavy stuff.

plus you have jury members getting threatened during certain big cases

overall - prefer to avoid. once you get it done they dont put you back in the pool for a few years or something

Maybe the jury process has changed but you could turn it down there are a million and one reasons you could give, saying you have bad judgement, prejudice towards certain race/religion/class/background etc, fear from retribution, fear of courts lol

this is true. plenty of excuses can be made. if you cant make it, your names kept in the pool and you could be called back a few months later. if its a minor case, get it over with then your cool.

dunno wot case ur talkin bout mate.

/

lol at keepin a comment i made a year ago on file in case u could use it.

deviant.

Certified goon. Rating the 'I know nothing' vibe, definately built 4 this road ting janoez. Famz I aint even been on here a year what u talkin about?

so p brisco is this janoez you speak of? right that makes everything clearer.