Volunteer Work

LuLu

anyone does this before, if so, what type of volunteer work did u do ? or if you have not done it before, can u see yourself doing vounteer work in the future ?

i always thought na im never going to do work where u dont get paid for it but recently ive decided to ambush that way of thinking and signed up to volunteer for childline. Only issue for me is that its slap bang in manc city centre, was kinda hoping it wouldnt be only due to the fact parking is a bitch

Almost done it last year. Took a gap year and instead of traveling and what not I stayed at home. I nearly went insane with the boredom.

By the time I thought of volunteer work just to get me out of the house it was pretty much time to go to Uni anyway so didnt bother in the end.

Guest Esquilax

I'm the queen of volunteering. My CV reads like a who's who of childrens related services.

If you're in uni and don't volunteer you're a KNOB.

Do you mean from a moral perspective or a 'it'll look nang on my CV' perspective?

ye i done a fair bit

its sh*t

f*ckin old miserable white people in nursing homes.. all demented i jus wanted to gas everyone in the place

poor cunts at soup kitchens.. i was tihnkin maybe if we set up soup kitchens up and down the UK and everyone who came was rounded up and gassed

f*ckin detritus of society

st lukes hospice charity shop... f*ckin old women and cripples i stole a few things tho... f*ck charity

wow this guy really is a low-life

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

yup

facilitated in schools with an org called SFK

right now im at the community centre on ends with a youth panel called fresh voice, its the youth committee for defending civil liberties

they are on point, i learn a thing ot two from them

Yeah, I do volunteering at one school in Dalston. Helping kids with academics and then they play football for an hour after (which I will also jump on when the overground is running again). I love doing it. Feels good knowing you are actually doing something positive and the kids will remember you and appreciate you for it. I have even had a kid tell me I should be a teacher and I'm better than his teacher since I make it so easy for him (yes boasting). Also helps if some of these youts that know about road can get help and support from someone that also is from a similar environment. Anyone want a hook up I can provide you with the details. I'm there tomorrow trying to keep these lil' ones on point.

Yo Tyred and Captain Planet check you emails. Jack sent an email about free FA level 1 qualification which can go on to free FA Level 2 qualification.

• Upvote 1

Guest Esquilax

Yeah, I do volunteering at one school in Dalston. Helping kids with academics and then they play football for an hour after (which I will also jump on when the overground is running again). I love doing it. Feels good knowing you are actually doing something positive and the kids will remember you and appreciate you for it. I have even had a kid tell me I should be a teacher and I'm better than his teacher since I make it so easy for him (yes boasting). Also helps if some of these youts that know about road can get help and support from someone that also is from a similar environment. Anyone want a hook up I can provide you with the details. I'm there tomorrow trying to keep these lil' ones on point.

Yo Tyred and Captain Planet check you emails. Jack sent an email about free FA level 1 qualification which can go on to free FA Level 2 qualification.

Sounds pretty cool tbh

Yh never pay to do the coaching qualifications because there is ALWAYS opportunity to do it for free. Just gotta know the right people and when it comes to getting paid work it definitely will advgantage you.

I'm contemplating doing some more voluntary work on one of my free days in the week. Need to mull it over some more and decide.

For those interested,

www.do-it.org

is a good site to find volunteering opportunities.

I'm contemplating doing some more voluntary work on one of my free days in the week. Need to mull it over some more and decide.

For those interested,

www.do-it.org

is a good site to find volunteering opportunities.

safe that website's pretty good

i'm thinking about doing something like this, taking maybe 1 day a week off work during the summer every week

anyone does this before, if so, what type of volunteer work did u do ? or if you have not done it before, can u see yourself doing vounteer work in the future ?

i always thought na im never going to do work where u dont get paid for it but recently ive decided to ambush that way of thinking and signed up to volunteer for childline. Only issue for me is that its slap bang in manc city centre, was kinda hoping it wouldnt be only due to the fact parking is a bitch

have you already got the position or still in the process of applying? Childline is notoriously difficult to get in so make sure you prepare thoroughly.

/

volunteering isn't just about care/charity work, its a great way to get into your chosen profession if you don't have experience. I found a position at a music studio through the V website and after 2 months got offered a job which i've now been at for over 2 years.

What Titan said reachout is big still

also doin 1unpaid internship atm had 1st day today never been so bored in my life

tried doin volunteering before but I never lasted long usually cos the ppl who run these things are disorganised n generally unpleasant

from when mans offering his valuable time I don't need u acting like a c*nt

I jus wanna make pees like diddy

I'm the queen of volunteering. My CV reads like a who's who of childrens related services.

If you're in uni and don't volunteer you're a KNOB.

Do you mean from a moral perspective or a 'it'll look nang on my CV' perspective?

Mostly because of all the free time you have why the hell not show you have practical skills alongside academic ones, also because of what it does to your CV.

I've did stuff like:

Nottinghamshire YOT, Barnardos, Careers Mentor, painted a church hall, care home (played bingo with the elderly), Nottinghamshire Youth Bus and

Rushcliffe Crime and Disorder Partnership - can't think of anything else.

And also whilst in the summer of my first/second year at uni I worked full time in a school as a Learning Mentor and during my last year and first four months of my job worked for a care agency in private childrens homes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Lens

Volunteered with disabled people. got brushed at chess all day

Done 1 of them christmas dinner free food for homeless things ( like what carlton and will smith did on fresh prince that time )

Apparently being homeless isnt as bad as being in prison when You've done bad, according to the guy i asked why he doesn't get himself locked up 2 have a roof over his head.