BERTIES

Thizz

NOW I REMEMBER SEEING THIS IN THE SUN A GOOD FEW MONTHS AGO

BUT IT HAS ONLY JUS STARTED KICKING UP A STINK IN THE LAST WEEK.

"POLICE ARE GOING AROUND PUBS AND CLUBS

SAYING THAT WE CANT WEAR OUR NATIONS TOPS FOR THE FOOTBALL AND WE HAVE

TO TAKE THE FLAGS DOWN AS ITS UPSETTING IMMIGRANTS THAT DONT COME FROM

HERE! NOW IM NOT RACIST BUT THIS IS GOING TOO FAR! THIS IS OUR COUNTRY

AND WE NEED TO MAKE A STAND IF THEY DONT LIKE IT THEN GO HOME! WOULD... YOU

REMOVE YOUR TURBAN AND BURKHA BECAUSE IT UPSETS ME!!! POST THIS STATUS

IF YOU AGREE"

IS THE MESSAGE GOING ROUND ON FACEBOOK.

IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS OR IS IT ALL GAS?

Guest Esquilax

Lol at anyone following this if it's even true (which I highly doubt)

Are they really going to go into a pub with 250+ fat bald hench england fans and tell them to get out? REAAALLY?

• Upvote 1

ALRIGHT MATE WE GET THE IDEA STOP POSTING THAT ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS GO ON YOUR FACEBOOK AND IT'S EVERYWHERE.

"The rumours can be traced to an April 2010 article by UK tabloid `The Sun` (article here.) which purports that there could be a ban to prevent anti-social behaviour that may occur during the football by people wearing the England colours. However the sensationalist article claims that it is only advice given by the police, and clubs and pubs are not obliged to follow this condition.

The article however does not reference any sources and even the suggestion of banning England shirts appears unfounded. Many Police departments have actually directly refuted the claim they will be imposing any such ban.

Essentially this means that the article is likely not based on any reality and England fans are free to wear their England football shirts in the majority of pubs and clubs in the UK, with only a small amount of venues voluntarily banning the shirts because of risk of anti-social behaviour. If we were looking at the situation realistically, and not through the skewed eye of a tabloid newspaper, banning England football shirts everywhere is only going to cause more problems for the police and pubs, who would have to face the daunting task of enforcing the ban.

Additionally, the assertion that this has any thing to do with immigrants being upset is based on pure fabrication and is not true at all."

• Upvote 1

Of course this isn't true.

Find it quite baffling that anybody could even consider that this would be true.

The Sun are dangerously irresponsible running this story, considering the amount of morons that are gonna want to beat up some "pakehs" based on this bullshit. The Press laws in this country are mad, The Sun can run stories like this and don't have to provide any sources.

• Upvote 1

lol @ the clowns joining these groups on facebook

Of course this isn't true.

Find it quite baffling that anybody could even consider that this would be true.

The Sun are dangerously irresponsible running this story, considering the amount of morons that are gonna want to beat up some "pakehs" based on this bullshit. The Press laws in this country are mad, The Sun can run stories like this and don't have to provide any sources.

beg you link me to your avatar? been staring at it for time

There's no way this is true.

Most likely certain pubs are banning England fans from their places (heard on london tonight that many places wont be showing the football as they dont want to deal with the trouble) yet somebody has managed to interpret this as immigrants going to the police and telling them that England flags offend them.

Can just imagine how those people started hyperventilating at the news lol.

Reminds me of people who used to send me emails saying microsoft would start charging for hotmail/msn unless you forwarded the email to everyone on your contact list. Just makes it easier to see who are the idiots among ppl I know.

• Upvote 3