N Dubz Sign to Def Jam

Mr. Gayle

N-Dubz have signed a worldwide record deal, including the US, with their new label saying the band's previous controversies are "part of the appeal".

Dappy, Tulisa and Fazer have been snapped up by Def Jam, the record label started by Rick Rubin and run by Jay-Z up until recently.

Speaking to Newsbeat Max Gousse, vice president of A&R at the label, said he'd been working on a deal for a few months.

"We're going to get them in (the studio) with Dr Luke and Jim Johnson and some of the other top producers in the US and work on a worldwide push."

N-Dubz appeal

Gousse, who broke UK artist Taio Cruz in the States, confirmed that the next plan for the band was to bring them to Los Angeles to record new material.

He confirmed their first release would be "a combination of the previous records and new material that we're recording".

He also admitted that the band's recent troubles, including Dappy's admission that he took mephedrone, didn't concern him.

"They can get in trouble - it's ok, I don't mind. It's part of the appeal.

"I flew over a few months ago and checked out a show - the fact they're really great entertainers really sold me."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest TimeBomb

not gona hate they make catchy songs, some arent bad at all, they need to let the girl do all the talking tho cos the 2 boys are pricks.

• Upvote 1

LOL who negged me. I hate them because they're sh*t, they never helpped open sh*t apart from making the way open to say their kind done everything.

them getting thru and bein successful helped majors look at urban artists more favourably hence ALOT of ppl gettin signed right now.

do u think about things b4 u type?

They never looked at them, if anything if they were to then the black quality isn't what they want. I think a lot dude, keep doing your business studies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1