Marouane Chamakh completes move to Arsenal

TF S4DK

"For others, it's Real or Barca. For me, it was always Arsenal"Author: Andrew Allen Posted on:27 October 2010 - 12:28http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/45 ... senal.aspx?Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh has once again reiterated his joy at joining Arsenal and stressed that he never expected to play so many games in his first few months. The 26-year-old has led the line with aplomb since signing on a free from Bordeaux, notching six goals in the absence of Niklas Bendtner and Robin van Persie. At the centre of much of Arsenal’s attacking play, the physical striker has also been the subject of close attention from opposition defenders seeing four players sent off for challenges on him and five penalties awarded in his favour after late tackles inside the box.“I’m at the club of my life,” said the former Bordeaux man. “I don’t want to see too far ahead in football. I’ll go to the end of my contract. That leaves me four good years. I played in my favourite club in France. I’m playing now in the club I’ve loved since I was small. For others, it’s Real or Barca. For me, it was always Arsenal. You can see that I finish each match completely used up. I take an awful lot of knocks. It’s difficult, so I want to take an enormous amount of pleasure during four years. I’m proud to be a Gunner. At the moment it’s nothing but pleasure. Everything is exactly as I thought it was. Whether it’s the football, the football culture, the supporters, the passion or the game itself, the speed ... I haven’t been disappointed. In the beginning I put a bit too much pressure on myself because I was following in the footsteps of Thierry Henry and Emmanuel Adebayor. Knowing that I’ve only ever known one club, I knew I’d need at least a season to adapt, but I’m ahead of schedule. I never imagined I’d play as much, but with suspensions and injuries, I’ve taken advantage and that’s helped me progress.”Speaking in the aftermath of the Gunners hard fought 3-0 win over Manchester City, the 26-year-old also gave an insight into how he is settling off the pitch: “It’s impossible to learn English here. As for driving on the roads, I’ve tried, but I keep veering to the left. Getting from the Emirates into town, I get someone to drive me.”lol at "its impossible to learn english here" though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If Chamakh would shoot we would have won yesterday
Real revelatory stuff there, mate. In other news, the sky is blue, the Earth is round and Chamakh is a sh*t excuse for a striker.Perhaps if you weren't so busy cracking Bendtner jokes, you might just have caught on a tad sooner.That goes for the rest of you 'Kool-Aid Drinkers' too.
  • Upvote 1

clocked what this clown was about since the emirates cup game vs milan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAd8ibin-QI

no striker worth his salt waits for a ball rolling that slowly go across his body like that
I have to co-sign this... said he wudnt be able 2do that in a proper matchOn 1 side id say his some of his goals have been lucky, but then again he gets into the positions so theres obviously sum instinct thereHe didnt seem 2kno anything about his goal yday judging by his celebration but his movement and how he got his body infront of Useless Kaboul indicated he did knw what he was doing

van Persie is CLEARLY our best striker and the best for the way Wenger wants to play./Sadly he's always injured, and then takes an age to get sharp and odt.And even when fit I could argue he is a every two or three games goalscorer.Bendtner and Chamakh both have their faults and neither of them are providers or clinical enogh for the chances we create.Even when they have had their starting runs in the team, they have only ever looked like temps. Chamakh has settled fairly quickly tho. But when I consider what I see in him to what I saw in Eduardo, well...

Right now I'd stick with Chamakh.But the difference is I'd probably have given Bendtner more minutes...All game yesterday, I said Chamakh didnt look right, even when we was on it, he was the player that seemed off.Bendtner looked unfit against Birmingham, then good & getting sharp against Man City, Newcastle (Carling Cup) & West Ham, was rewarded with a start but was so so swag against Shakhtar & Newcastle, then he started bitching and I couldnt see how he was picking then to start bitching, if he'd done it after Newcastle or West Ham game I might have understood... Even Newcastle in the league when Chamakh was sh*t but then Wolves match happened & thats when Bendtner's comments started.

Nonsense, Henry's goals was replaced by Adebayor's...We changed formation and then gave opportunities to Eduardo, Bendtner, and now Chamakh.The fact that none have been prolific and van Persie has stayed injured. Means its still a ? mark position in our team, as nobody is certified.But until you win something there is always gonna be ? mark positions in your team.

Guest Rorschach

RVP>Chamkh>>>>>>>>>BendtnerChamkh has settled very well, has done well more often than not, even in games were he does f*ck things up (the nld) he still gets into good positions (and scored)Arsenal haven't (and won't really) replace Henry, apart from him being one of a kind and utterly world classhe had something that goals in themselves can't replace, genius tbh, he could make something out of nothing, scoring himself, or setting others upFabregas is the closest of course but still not in the same leagueAdebayor could barely fumble in a few of the 3 dozen or so chances gifted to him every couple of gamesChamakh flopped two chances yesterday but you were still 2-0 up. Whatever faults you lay at his door for not scoring, lay at the rest of the teams for conceeding 3..Your centre-backs are a disgrace and completely woeful in the air, especially that shrew Koscielny

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2