"Mi a bumberclarrt badman! " Dudus

Reivax ™

KINGSTON Sun May 23, 2010 10:38pm BST KINGSTON (Reuters) - Jamaica's government declared a state of emergency in parts of its capital city Kingston on Sunday after shooting and firebomb attacks on police stations by suspected supporters of an alleged drug lord who faces extradition to the United States.

The emergency covered the West Kingston and St. Andrews districts of the capital where gunmen fired on two police stations and set fire to another. The attackers were suspected supporters of Christopher "Dudus" Coke who the government is seeking under a U.S. extradition request.

At least one policeman was injured.

KINGSTON, Jamaica — Police in Jamaica's jittery capital urged a gang leader wanted in the U.S. on drug and arms-trafficking charges to surrender Sunday, even as tension grew behind barricades erected by his supporters to protect him.

In a gritty section of the capital of an island known more for reggae and all-inclusive resorts, defiant followers of Christopher "Dudus" Coke, a Jamaican "don" who is widely suspected of controlling gunmen in West Kingston's Tivoli Gardens, have transformed the slum into a virtual fortress cut off by trashed cars and barbed wire.

The standoff has intensified for nearly a week, since Prime Minister Bruce Golding reversed his long-standing refusal to extradite Coke to the U.S. People in the community quickly started preparing for war.

"The police are publicly calling on Christopher Coke, otherwise called 'Dudus,' 'Short Man,' and 'President,' to hand himself over," said a statement from police high command Sunday. "The security forces wish to make it very clear that they view the barricading as an act of cowardice on the part of selfish criminal elements, mainly Mr. Coke."

So far, violence has been sporadic in the impoverished community, where a 2001 standoff between gunmen and security forces tracking down fugitives killed 25 civilians, as well as a soldier and a constable.

Coke is described as one of the world's most dangerous drug lords by the U.S. Justice Department. He has ties of loyalty to the ruling Jamaica Labour Party and holds significant sway over the West Kingston area represented in Parliament by Golding, who stalled Coke's extradition request for months with claims that the U.S. indictment relied on illegal wiretap evidence.

Golding's fight against the extradition strained relations with Washington, which questioned the Caribbean country's reliability as an ally in the fight against drugs. His handling of the matter, particularly his hiring of a U.S. firm to lobby Washington to drop the extradition request, provoked an outcry that threatened his political career.

Coke, who typically avoids the limelight, has remained silent. He faces life in prison if convicted on charges filed against him in New York.

This is his yard

oqeiw7.jpg

359e39z.jpg

boi i wonder how much p he's sitting on

After God, then Dudus," read one placard. "Jesus died for us so we will die for Dudus,---- Placards

Had to :lol:

SMH @ the idiots who are saying Free him, yet he is causing madness on your streets putting your families lives in danger and sh*t.

Guest Flat Eric

interesting.

Awaits a few road rappers to make reference to him .

way ahead of ya mate

/

niggas know i do this

eric could never be broke (why?)

cos im a kriss guy

and i really move coke

we geddit! chu chu

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16

Guest Flat Eric

interesting.

Awaits a few road rappers to make reference to him .

way ahead of ya mate

/

niggas know i do this

eric could never be broke (why?)

cos im a kriss guy

and i really move coke

we geddit! chu chu

f the neggers.

niggas know i 'dudus'

eric could never be broke

cos im a 'chris' guy

and i really move 'coke'

all i need is a carns beat

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

After God, then Dudus," read one placard. "Jesus died for us so we will die for Dudus,---- Placards

Had to :lol:

SMH @ the idiots who are saying Free him, yet he is causing madness on your streets putting your families lives in danger and sh*t.

He provides what the state cant (food, school, money, safety etc.), so they rate him highly. Its like a Robin Hood story

Youre smarter than commenting without adequate knowledge

I'd be surprised if he's even in the area

/

Theyre after the man about 3 tiers down (where and how did he get the guns and drugs?)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1