How your (views of) clothes have changed over time

Captain Planet

Done a full circle

Spent the whole of the 90s in tracksuits and football shirts.

12-17 jeans, tracksuits etc.

18, 19 went through more of a phase tryna dress more smart, jumpers and jeans proper jackets etc.

now i'm just back wearing tracksuits everyday to uni and anywhere else unless i'm going out somewhere that requires better standard

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

o i think i get it now

r u referring to being a kid and being made to wear that attire?

some bait ghanian child uniform....if not then i dnt understand

:Y:

Stone Island jeans were alright couldn't wear some of that over the top, Mosh and Versace stuff though as people just looked like clowns wearing that stuff as they would get the most foul looking design possible and rock it like they were G's.

Couldn't stand Avirex as it seemed when that took off that every black boy in south london had one then they started rocking biker jackets despite not owning a bike. :lol:

Nowadays i don't like to advertise for companies like some walking ad board so usually a nice plain T-Shirt from AA who do some nice ones.plain jeans and understated Trainers.

I remember Avirex hoodies were the attainable substitute for the luxurious jackets. Yeah I had a few.

Also tracksuits galore.

If I go further back it was worse, from say about 7-11/12 was terrible. Photographic evidence everywhere. GH parents just didn't understand.

Now its all good. Very good.

Guest Lisa Turtle

My dress sense up until I was about 19 was literally nonsensical.

Used to think it was cool to buy £200 velour Juicy couture tracksuits, I think I had about 10. I was obsessed with Juicy so I bought loads of their t-shirts as well.

Then I moved on to being obsessed with wearing ralph lauren and lacoste polos with juicy shorts or skirts - I never bought the ones that said juicy on the bum thank God...and all I ever wanted to wear jeans wise was true religion and citizens of humanity.

I thought I looked really preppy :s

I went through a stage between 2008-9 where all I ever wore was skirts, it didn't matter what the weather was saying.

I'm generally happy now with how I dress, I get to dress up for work/hosptial visits and outside of that I mix it up but I'm generally smart casual.

Sometimes I think to myself, 'do I dress like a 22 year old?,

I reckon when I graduate it will all change again. Atm I love wearing trousers.

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

i think graduating/getting a professional job will have an effect on how i dress too.

Cant be working a big man job and wear air max 90 on the weekend.

• Downvote 8

Pedal pushers, belly tops, kickers, really girly dresses, them trouser skirt things (who on earth designed them), spice girls tshirts. RED jeans, who else had red jeans?

Teenage years i just wore jeans with everything, tank tops, tshirts, dresses, hoodies and jumpers.

Right now i switch it up alot for work, some days il just be in a dress and gladiators then others il be in a skirt, blouse and pretty shoes. The next day il be in jeggins and a long top.

One thing thats changed is trousers/jeans.. i cant remember the last time i wore either. Its been leggins/jeggins all winter and it will be skirts/dresses all summer.

Guest M12 Part 2

i think graduating/getting a professional job will have an effect on how i dress too.

Cant be working a big man job and wear air max 90 on the weekend.

why not?

i dunno it just seems childish to me. like your tryna hold on to a youth culture that you're not a part of anymore.

• Downvote 5