Kanye West

Lionel & Dave

reel torque if you hated on 808s which most you guys did you wont feel this

its like the aggressive 808s, which is obviously the kind of music he wants to make

he basically said MBDTF was him giving people what they wanted as some sort of apology/love me again flex

i think this album is ridiculously good tho, and a lot of you guys are just basic no offence so wont get that

where else could i get this album?

its like the aggressive 808s, which is obviously the kind of music he wants to make

he basically said MBDTF was him giving people what they wanted as some sort of apology/love me again flex

i think this album is ridiculously good tho, and a lot of you guys are just basic no offence so wont get that

i liked 808 in the end

this is shit

4 tunes i like, new slaves, blood on the leaves, bound 2 and the cudi ting

rest is dead food

The tunes are not music u listen to as music....they need visuals...they are more music for some kinda visual shit but thats the only way they can work

i liked 808 in the end

this is sh*t

4 tunes i like, new slaves, blood on the leaves, bound 2 and the cudi ting

rest is dead food

The tunes are not music u listen to as music....they need visuals...they are more music for some kinda visual sh*t but thats the only way they can work

i like this bit

but this is kaynes most lyrically basic album so its not like this album is going over peoples heads

its just not my type of hip hop i see what hes tried to do but i don't feel it 

but this is kaynes most lyrically basic album so its not like this album is going over peoples heads

i'm not talking about lyrics

i think to respect good music you need to look at whats gone before, what's the in thing right now, and what's next on the agenda

what should we be killing off, what bits we should be resurrecting from the past

i judge a good release on the basis the artist is prepared to be responsible, forward thinking an innovative

someone like Kanye never disappoints. Radiohead another good example

since 808s Kanye's strength has been the juxtaposition of the various elements he chooses to make up his songs

808 drums, tribal percussion, reverberated animal sounds, techno blips and heartfelt autotune crooning over the top - you've got to ask yourself where else can i get that?

when he decides to rap racially charged lyrics over a Hudson Mohawke type beat minimalist to f*ck, throw a pitched up vocal sample thats closer to dance music than traditional hip hop, chuck in some out of the blue autotune ballad section then play it out with a blink and you'll miss it Frank Ocean vocal riff feature i feel like i'm being treated

man was right when he said where else are you gonna get Rick Ross dropping on a track at the 6 minute mark after a minute and a half guitar solo. it is f*cking genius!

of course we'd love Kanye to just make soul beats forever, but this is more exciting imo, and much more imaginative

music is like a family tree to me, thats how i see it

i love the history

most people just like what they like tho

i'm not talking about lyrics

i think to respect good music you need to look at whats gone before, what's the in thing right now, and what's next on the agenda

what should we be killing off, what bits we should be resurrecting from the past

i judge a good release on the basis the artist is prepared to be responsible, forward thinking an innovative

someone like Kanye never disappoints. Radiohead another good example

since 808s Kanye's strength has been the juxtaposition of the various elements he chooses to make up his songs

808 drums, tribal percussion, reverberated animal sounds, techno blips and heartfelt autotune crooning over the top - you've got to ask yourself where else can i get that?

when he decides to rap racially charged lyrics over a Hudson Mohawke type beat minimalist to f*ck, throw a pitched up vocal sample thats closer to dance music than traditional hip hop, chuck in some out of the blue autotune ballad section then play it out with a blink and you'll miss it Frank Ocean vocal riff feature i feel like i'm being treated

man was right when he said where else are you gonna get Rick Ross dropping on a track at the 6 minute mark after a minute and a half guitar solo. it is f*cking genius!

of course we'd love Kanye to just make soul beats forever, but this is more exciting imo, and much more imaginative

music is like a family tree to me, thats how i see it

i love the history

most people just like what they like tho

the album is shit fam

llow the dissertashon

It's how it goes.

When all the other rappers are pushing this approach next year I imagine more people will come round. The album is certainly sonically interesting. I'm enjoying it even more on my 4th listen.

I don't even see it as trying to be different the accusation that gets thrown at black artists who want to try different approaches to sounds.

I listened once and wasn't really feeling it.

Sonically it's definitely interesting and he definitely took it in a different direction but for me that doesn't equate to a good album. He's been playing around with the fusion of traditional hip hop and a more abstract electronic sound for a while and in my opinion he hit the sweet spot with MBDTF, on first listen I think this veers too far to the left for my taste.

I'm going to give it another listen though.