Kanye West

Lionel & Dave

Kanye West's Film Debut Runaway Set for Worldwide Television Premiere on October 23

Long-awaited New Album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Arriving in the US November 22nd on Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam Recordings

14-time Grammy-winner Kanye West made a triumphant return to NBC's Saturday Night Live last weekend, delivering breathtaking performances of his anthem "Power," and his newest single, "Runaway," which he premiered earlier this month on the MTV VMAs to glowing reviews. Spin called Kanye's SNL performance "one of the show's most unique performances of all-time," and MSNBC hailed him "a comeback king…West's SNL performance proved once again he is an artist and will continue to take chances in the music industry — ultimately breaking new ground." Following SNL, "Runaway" impacted at all Urban and Rhythm radio formats and went up for sale at iTunes and all digital retailers.

Capitalizing on this burst of energy in the ongoing campaign towards the much-anticipated November 22 release of his new album, West boarded a plane for Europe and elsewhere, embarking on a whirlwind tour of the globe. Beginning in Paris, and then moving on to London, Tokyo, and Sydney, Kanye hosted VIP premieres of Runaway, the short film debut and visual accompaniment to the new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Written and directed by West and starring Kanye and Selita Ebanks, MTV News hailed Runaway as "an intense and gorgeous experience that should earn West some serious credibility as a filmmaker."

Runaway will make its television and online premiere on Saturday, October 23 at 8:00pm EST/PST via a simultaneous broadcast event on MTV, BET, MTV2 and live stream on MTV.com, BET.com and VH1.com. Immediately following the film, Kanye will take part in a live Q&A session from MTV headquarters in Times Square. VH1 will debut the film on Tuesday, October 26 at 12am EST/PST. Kanye has always dreamed of bringing his music to life in the form of film; Runaway is the realization of that dream. A tale of loss and renewal, through West's ambitious new film we are able to glimpse his unique vision as never before.

"Runaway" (featuring Pusha T) is also the title of the lead track from Kanye's upcoming new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, in stores November 22nd on Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam Recordings. Pitchfork has given "Runaway" the Best New Music stamp, noting "as the VMA moment fades into the rearview, 'Runaway' is able to stand as just that: a song, and a seriously goddamn good one at that."

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's other new track, "Power," is gaining national attention as heard in the trailer for the new movie The Social Network, based on the Facebook story. In addition to Pusha T, contributing artists on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy include Nikki Minaj, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, and Justin Vernon of Bon Iver on the smash street single "Monster." Other guests include Kid Cudi and Raekwon, and contributing producers include RZA of Wu-Tang Clan, Pete Rock, and Q-Tip. The new album was recorded in Honolulu and at the legendary Electric Lady Studios in New York City.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the long-awaited follow-up to 808s & Heartbreak, which was released November 2008, followed by Kanye's appearance on SNL in December (he first appeared on SNL in October 2005, and again in September 2007). 808s was famously recorded in three weeks of minimalist sessions in Honolulu, Kanye's first excursion to the island. A highly controversial album, described by his hometown Chicago Sun-Times as "undeniably fearless," 808s & Heartbreak was Kanye's fourth consecutive album to debut at #1 Soundscan, and fourth consecutive RIAA multi-platinum-selling album. 808s spun off the worldwide hit singles "Love Lockdown" and "Heartless."

Late Registration and Kanye's 2004 solo debut, The College Dropout generated a total of five Grammy Awards, including consecutive wins for Best Rap Album of 2004 and 2005, as well as Best Rap Song (songwriters' award) of 2004 ("Jesus Walks") and 2005 ("Diamonds From Sierra Leone"), and Best Rap Solo Performance for 2005 ("Gold Digger"). Graduation went on to generate another three Grammys for Kanye, including Best Rap Song for 2007 ("Good Life"), and then in 2008, Best Rap Album and Best Rap Solo Performance ("Stronger").

In addition to these, Kanye has shared another six Grammy Awards with a number of artists over the years, including Alicia Keys (Best R&B Song for "You Don't Know My Name," 2005); fellow Chicago rapper Common (Best Rap Performance, Duo/Group for "Southside," 2008); Estelle (Best Rap/Song Collaboration for "American Boy," 2009); T.I., Jay-Z, & Lil Wayne (Best Rap Performance, Duo/Group for "Swagga Like Us," 2009); and Jay-Z & Rihanna (Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Song Collaboration for "Run This Town," 2010).

All Of The Lights featuring Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Elton John, Fergie, John Legend, The-Dream, Tony Williams, Kid Cudi, Charlie Wilson, Ryan Leslie, and La Roux’s Elly Jackson.

Not all will have full verses

How annoying that all these leaked and we thought they weren't going to make the album