Starting gym again

Taurus

Topic has prob been done many times before so link me to the topic if you can find/I signed up to the gym again as I'm starting to put on weight...need some tipsCan someone post me a routine to do and advise me of what to eat on a day-to-day basisSafe in advance

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/ all the info you will need for training.as for diet you need to calcualte how many calories you need using this http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/this gives you you BMR (how many calories your body burns by doing nothing all day) whatever that figure is multiply it by 1.55 if your training 3-5 times a week. this then gives you your MAINTAIN figure. subtract 500 from that amount and thats how many calories daily to loose approx 2lbs of fat a week. recalculate weekly as you loose weight your BMR gets lower. sounds long but it gives you a good idea how much you can consume.diet is key when training...you can train as hard as you like but if ur diet is sh*t ur results will be sh*t. not sure what you like dont like but keep it simple. some decent info on here http://www.menshealth.co.uk/chatroom/topic/337364protein shakes are good for convienence. if your at work or in a rush and need something quick and easy they come in handy and before and after training. try and get most of your protein intake from real food like eggs, chicken, turkey, tuna, cottage cheese, nuts.

i do various cardio to keep it interesting - 1000m on the rower but going all out in 5 intervals of 200m, cross trainer 20 seconds all out and 40 seconds slow for 10 mins (interval training) i do my running outside as on a treadmill is just boring.

Guest Triple XXX

dnt think i aint tried bruvme and the water are just not friendly like thati like the slide in Leyton lesuire lagoon doe i used to spend most of my time on that when i was supposed to be learning to swim

do your cardio after you have lifted weights not before
Hmm nah I rather get warmed up with 45-1hour cardio and then do weights, personal trainer there also said that I should do cardio before/Also I've been going gym 4 days a week my routine consists of:45mins-1hour cardioThen I do bench press, chest press, chest incline, shoulder press, pull ups, squat, and general weights - I do these all in an hour sometimes hour and halfMy diet is also good, I've lost 3kgs since I made this topicAny input you'd like to add? Should I be doing anything else?

Hmm nah I rather get warmed up with 45-1hour cardio and then do weights, personal trainer there also said that I should do cardio before/Also I've been going gym 4 days a week my routine consists of:45mins-1hour cardioThen I do bench press, chest press, chest incline, shoulder press, pull ups, squat, and general weights - I do these all in an hour sometimes hour and halfMy diet is also good, I've lost 3kgs since I made this topicAny input you'd like to add? Should I be doing anything else?
id still do my lifting first, and cardio after, doing compound exercises like deadlifts, squats and bench press burns more calories than cardio.i do however do 5 mins on a rowing machine to warm up. but it is just a warm up

Hmm nah I rather get warmed up with 45-1hour cardio and then do weights, personal trainer there also said that I should do cardio before
How you gonna ask for advice and get the same advice from two independent sources and then just go "Nah I'm gonna do it this way."!?
You sure? How bout if I did rowing for 5mins first then do weights, bench press, squats etc then finish off with cardio?I'm gonna try that
Yeah do that. 5 minutes of cardio is enough to warm up.