Chaleboy Has Done It Again

JOHN DOE

Rapper Dizzee Rascal shot straight to the top of the singles chart with his fourth UK number one, Dirtee Disco, the Official UK Charts Company said.

Dizzee Rascal top spot in charts

The 2003 Mercury Prize winner has previously topped the charts with singles Dance Wiv Me, Bonkers and Holiday.

The Brit knocked American rapper B.O.B's Nothin' On You, featuring Bruno Mars, down to number two after just a week at the top.

Virgin Islander Iyaz claimed the second highest entry with Solo straight in at number three.

After 13 weeks in the chart Jason Derulo was down two to number four with Ridin' Solo. And Eminem's Not Afraid, the first single from his new album Recovery, was straight in at number five.

Other new entries included BBC 1 talent show winner Danielle Hope. The 18-year-old, from Urmston in Greater Manchester, will play Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz from next year after winning Over The Rainbow. Her song, Over The Rainbow, was in at number 29.

Pendulum swung straight to the top of the album chart. The Australian rock and drum and base band's new long player, Immersion, features contributions from The Prodigy's Liam Howlett.

Canadian crooner Michael Buble was up 17 places to number two with Crazy Love. The Glee Cast were new in at three with Glee - The Music - Volume 3 - Showstoppers.

And Katie Melua was new in at four with The House.

Meanwhile, The Rolling Stones dropped from the top down to number five with their re-release of Exile on Main Street.

• Upvote 2

Guest Triple XXX

the chorus DISCO DISCO DISCO

is what i think raves sound like in Eastern Eurpoe

aslong as he puts some of that towards working on Newham Gens its all good

u heard D Double's new tune?

its fire

also this dirtee disco is beyond sh*t

heavy is f*ckin sick i think its the b side

i dnt respect dizzeee

he sold out

moneyw as more important that respecting his craft

are you going to pay his bills?

no

im not

good luck to him by all means i dnt hate his success

i dnt see him bringing anyone else through with him. though..i see him on jonathon ross actin like a house negro

making tracks with florence and the machines

what does he do for his own commmunity ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14jodEIUkko&feature=channel

what other label would give this man a deal

unless he is willing to jump on the dance/trance, n dubz tip

and i know they aint exactly charting or flooding the streets

but the way i see it is Dizzee is thinking, if mans keep opening up for him on tour, eventually them indie heads will be ready

I don't see dizzee as one of the current crop of "urban" artists doing the rounds in the chart at the moment. Mainly because in a few years time when the hype dies down he will still be shifting units while others may be wearing hi-viz jackets.

• Upvote 1