Adriano

Heero Yuy

Ex-Brazil striker Adriano eager for new challenge at age of 35 as he seeks to end his career on a high note

Adriano says he is looking for a new club at the age of 35

Striker scored 29 goals in 50 appearances for Brazil between 2000 and 2010

He was considered the heir to Ronaldo but never fulfilled that promise

Adriano played in Europe for Inter Milan, Parma and Roma  

By Adam Shergold for MailOnline

PUBLISHED: 07:51, 12 October 2017 | UPDATED: 09:15, 12 October 2017

Former Brazil striker Adriano is looking for a new club at the age of 35

14shares

View comments

Former Brazil and Inter Milan star Adriano is planning a return to football at the age of 35.

The striker, who scored 29 goals in 50 appearances for Brazil between 2000 and 2010, hasn't played since a brief spell with Miami United last year.

But he is eager to continue playing and is currently on the lookout for a new club having maintained good fitness levels.

+4

Former Brazil striker Adriano is looking for a new club at the age of 35

+4

He had two spells at Italian giants Inter Milan and won the league title on four occasions

RELATED ARTICLES

Previous

Next

World Cup 2018: Your guide to all the teams that have...Brazil 3-0 Chile: Alexis Sanchez & Co dumped out of the...Neymar takes time out of preparation for Brazil's clash with...Former Barcelona and Middlesbrough midfielder Fabio...

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

14 shares

Adriano told TV Globo: 'I'm preparing myself for a new project, I'll be back in training in January, without a club.

'Ever since I stopped, I have succeeded in maintaining my shape. I want this and I know I'll have to persist.

'I want to do this for myself, I want to show I can reach my limits so I can tell if I can play or not.

'I couldn't complete my career as a whole. Something's happened and pushed me away from football. I can say [my career] stopped at half-time.'

+4

Adriano scored a total of 29 goals in 50 appearances for the Brazilian national side

+4

Adriano was initially prolific for Inter but lost his way because of off-field distractions 

As a teenager, Adriano was considered the heir to Ronaldo in the Brazil attack and he made his international debut at the age of 18.

Although he missed out on Brazil's triumph at the 2002 World Cup, he was part of the side that won the Copa America in 2004 and the FIFA Confederations Cup in 2005.

Two spells at Inter Milan saw Adriano win four Serie A titles, but off-field distractions and a lack of focus prevented him reaching his full potential.

After Inter, he played for Flamengo, Roma, Corinthians and Atletico Paranaense, but now appears ready to seize a new opportunity.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4972690/Ex-Brazil-striker-Adriano-eager-new-challenge.html#ixzz4vhVgURvm 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook