Adriano

Heero Yuy

It's over.

Adriano could quit Internazionale after announcing plans to take a break from football for an unspecified period of time.The Brazil striker called a press conference in Rio de Janeiro yesterday to announce plans to give up football as he has "lost the joy of playing". The 27-year-old said the break could last for "one, two, or three months". Adriano cited the enormous pressure of playing in Italy, saying he does not want to return to Europe at the present time."I have stopped my career for a while because I have lost the joy of playing," he said. "It could be one, two or three months. There is big pressure in Italy. I don't want to return to Italy. I want to live in peace here in Brazil."Adriano said he will use the time to consider his future, dropping a strong hint that he does not see himself returning to Milan. "I was not satisfied," he said. "Everybody has the right to be happy in his job and I was unhappy in Italy. I will rethink my career. I am happy in Brazil alongside my friends and my family."The former Sao Paulo forward insisted he was healthy. "I am not ill," he said. "Adriano is not dead. I am not going to any hospital. I will try to restart, try to rediscover the joy of playing. The situation has arisen because I was not happy."The player received support from the Inter coach Jose Mourinho, who said he hoped Adriano found happiness away from Inter even if that meant he had to stop playing."Inter have done everything to help Adriano before I arrived and with me, as a coach and human being, so have the president and his team-mates," Mourinho said. "We'll see. The important thing is that he's happy. If he's happy like this, if you lose the player but the man is happy, perfect.Adriano failed to report back to his club after last week's World Cup qualifier against Peru and was later found to be staying with his mother in Rio de Janeiro. It was thought he would go back to Italy next week but his representative, Gilmar Rinaldi, confirmed that would not happen.Rumours have been spreading all week as to Adriano's situation, but the striker sought to put the record straight."A number of things were published in newspapers," he said. "Everything I did was speculated on. I talked to my family, my friends and my agent. I am doing all this thinking of my happiness."This is not the first time that Adriano's Inter career has been called into question because of the player's off-field situation. In September 2007, he was sent home to Brazil by Inter as he was unhappy, and he went on to join Sao Paulo on loan for six months before heading back to Italy.Adriano said that he does not expected to be paid by Inter while he is absent from the team, and said he had no ill-feeling towards the club. "I have no bad feelings for Inter," he said. "I just dislike living in Italy. I felt I was pressured. I felt big pressure when I was 18 years old [when he joined Inter from Flamengo]. A lot of people will not understand. It is a bad situation, not easy at all, but it is a choice. Gilmar is going to Italy to ask for some time for me and it is fair that I am given no money."Adriano added that, if he resumes his career in Brazil, he wants to sign for Flamengo. "If I play in Brazil, it will be for Flamengo," he said. "If not, my grandmother will kill me.

It's over.
Adriano could quit Internazionale after announcing plans to take a break from football for an unspecified period of time.The Brazil striker called a press conference in Rio de Janeiro yesterday to announce plans to give up football as he has "lost the joy of playing". The 27-year-old said the break could last for "one, two, or three months". Adriano cited the enormous pressure of playing in Italy, saying he does not want to return to Europe at the present time."I have stopped my career for a while because I have lost the joy of playing," he said. "It could be one, two or three months. There is big pressure in Italy. I don't want to return to Italy. I want to live in peace here in Brazil."Adriano said he will use the time to consider his future, dropping a strong hint that he does not see himself returning to Milan. "I was not satisfied," he said. "Everybody has the right to be happy in his job and I was unhappy in Italy. I will rethink my career. I am happy in Brazil alongside my friends and my family."The former Sao Paulo forward insisted he was healthy. "I am not ill," he said. "Adriano is not dead. I am not going to any hospital. I will try to restart, try to rediscover the joy of playing. The situation has arisen because I was not happy."The player received support from the Inter coach Jose Mourinho, who said he hoped Adriano found happiness away from Inter even if that meant he had to stop playing."Inter have done everything to help Adriano before I arrived and with me, as a coach and human being, so have the president and his team-mates," Mourinho said. "We'll see. The important thing is that he's happy. If he's happy like this, if you lose the player but the man is happy, perfect.Adriano failed to report back to his club after last week's World Cup qualifier against Peru and was later found to be staying with his mother in Rio de Janeiro. It was thought he would go back to Italy next week but his representative, Gilmar Rinaldi, confirmed that would not happen.Rumours have been spreading all week as to Adriano's situation, but the striker sought to put the record straight."A number of things were published in newspapers," he said. "Everything I did was speculated on. I talked to my family, my friends and my agent. I am doing all this thinking of my happiness."This is not the first time that Adriano's Inter career has been called into question because of the player's off-field situation. In September 2007, he was sent home to Brazil by Inter as he was unhappy, and he went on to join Sao Paulo on loan for six months before heading back to Italy.Adriano said that he does not expected to be paid by Inter while he is absent from the team, and said he had no ill-feeling towards the club. "I have no bad feelings for Inter," he said. "I just dislike living in Italy. I felt I was pressured. I felt big pressure when I was 18 years old [when he joined Inter from Flamengo]. A lot of people will not understand. It is a bad situation, not easy at all, but it is a choice. Gilmar is going to Italy to ask for some time for me and it is fair that I am given no money."Adriano added that, if he resumes his career in Brazil, he wants to sign for Flamengo. "If I play in Brazil, it will be for Flamengo," he said. "If not, my grandmother will kill me.
what i would do to have his talent.... he needs to realise how lucky he is and stop being a prick

It's over.
what i would do to have his talent.... he needs to realise how lucky he is and stop being a prick
stfu can't you see this has more to do than football you moron, just shows that all the money , all the girls , all the fame doesn't always bring true happiness

Needs to join a team that pushes for champions league but isnt expected to get there.ieEngland = Tottenham, Aston Villa, Everton, Man CitySpain = Atletico, Sevilla, Villarreal, ValenciaItaly = Lazio, Fiorentina, You get my drift.Where the pressure isnt to much, and he can enjoy football again. I say he should find new surrundings and leave Italy. Come to England. No hot weather, the girls are crap, unless he likes white girls, and we love our football. He will get his space in England as alot of players that play in Italy+ Spain say that compared to England the fans respect you better and are not so ''hands on''
Some nice sends in there.

Adriano, the Inter Milan and Brazil striker, has capped a turbulent week by announcing that he is ready to turn his back on football. “I quit,” the 27-year-old said. “I don’t enjoy this any more. I don’t know if it’s going to be one month, two months, six months or whatever. I won’t come back until I’ve regained some happiness.” The star-crossed forward, whose contract with Inter runs until June 2010, said he was willing to give up his reported £120,000-a-week wages. “I don’t care about the money,” he said. “I care about being happy. And in Italy I’m unhappy. Everybody should have the right to pursue happiness.” His words marked the latest episode in a career that, after a number of warning signs, appears to have derailed once and for all. Four years ago he was arguably the greatest striker in the world, but the cracks had already begun to appear. The death of his father, Almir, in August 2004, sent him into a spiral of depression and drinking. A split from his long-time girlfriend shortly after only served to drive him further into the darkness. At first, he managed to repress the demons and, initially at least, Inter were unaware of his condition. By the spring of 2006 however, he was in freefall. Inter disciplined him for various unauthorised late nights in Milanese clubs and parties at his suburban villa. Despite visits to a number psychologists and psychiatrists, his behaviour remained highly erratic. Last season, Inter agreed to send him back to Brazil for six months, hoping that would help him regain some stability. But, despite playing well during his spell with São Paulo — 14 goals in 22 games — he struggled upon his return. Even José Mourinho, appointed Inter coach in June, failed to make any significant inroads. The pattern was a familiar one: two or three solid outings followed by a month of depression. On October 29, after reportedly turning up intoxicated to a training session after being a spotted at a nightclub a few hours earlier, he was sent home and suspended for a month. The latest instalment was last week. On April 3, following the international break, he failed to show for his flight back to Italy. For three days, he simply “disappeared”. It has since emerged that he spent the time among friends in Vila Cruzeiro, the favela — or slum — in Rio de Janeiro where he grew up. Inter refused to be drawn on what would happen next. Indeed, as of yesterday, he had not spoken with anyone at the club. But Mourinho’s words said it all: “Inter did everything they could to help him. I reached out to him, both as his manager and as a fellow human being. So too did his team-mates and the president. What’s most important right now is not football, it’s that he finds some kind of happiness. If makes him happy, so be it. If we lose Adriano the footballer but gain Adriano the happy, well-adjusted man, that’s great.”
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6074541.eceGuy is troubledWasted talent

• 2 weeks later...
* Inter and Adriano agree to terminate contract* Move was widely expected with one year left on deal(Adds details)MILAN, April 24 (Reuters) - Inter Milan cancelled the contract of striker Adriano on Friday after the Brazilian said he was taking a break from the game."Inter announce that the contract with Adriano has been terminated by mutual consent, with effect from April 1, 2009," a club statement said."The documents were registered at the Italian Football League's offices this morning. Inter thank Adriano for his 74 goals and the eight years spent together."The move was widely expected with the 27-year-old's contract due to run out at the end of next season.Adriano, who has long been troubled by alcohol and personal problems, decided not to return to Italy at the start of the month following Brazil's World Cup qualifiers.He said he had lost the pleasure of playing and did not want to return to Italy and added he would stay in Brazil to rethink his career.Inter coach Jose Mourinho overlooked the striker at the start of the season but he worked his way into the first team and helped Inter surge ahead at the top of Serie A, where they are close to sealing a fourth straight Italian title.When he did not return from Brazil, Mourinho sympathised with Adriano rather than berate him like he had in the past.The end of the contract makes it highly likely that Inter will buy at least another striker in the close season.Forwards Julio Cruz and Hernan Crespo will also probably leave while top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic has expressed his frustration at Inter's continued failure in the Champions League and could be a transfer target.Inter have been linked in the media with Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, Genoa forward Diego Milito and Sampdoria playmaker Antonio Cassano. (Reporting by Mark Meadows and Antonella Ciancio; Editing by John Mehaffey; To query or comment on this story email [email protected])http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8472184

Guest Wu-Tang
Adriano has officially terminated his contract with Inter, the club have announced on their website.The Brazilian hitman went AWOL after a World Cup 2010 qualifier and refused to return to Italy.After a troubled period in Milan, Adriano decided to take a break from the game and his agent began meetings to discuss the termination of his contract.The two sides have reached an agreement and the club today announced L'Imperatore's departure."Inter would like to communicate that Adriano's contract has been mutually rescinded, taking effect from April 1," the Nerazzurri's statement reads. "The documents were deposited this morning."Everyone at Inter would like to give Adriano a warm embrace for his eight years and 74 goals here."Adriano's next step remains up in the air, but he is unlikely to sign for a European club in the near future.
The latest chapter in this sad story (tbh i know its a lil late)He's now officially quit..

• 2 weeks later...

Adriano seals Flamengo returnBrazilian happy to be back homeFormer Inter Milan striker Adriano has joined Flamengo after leaving the Italian club last month.The Brazil international quit Inter after the club decided to cancel his contract.Adriano went AWOL after a World Cup qualifier saying he needed a break from the game as he was unhappy in Italy.Rumours suggested the 27-year-old could quit football, but he has now linked up with Flamengo again where he started his professional career.Adriano paid tribute to Inter and admitted he only left the club because he was not happy with life in Italy"I didn't leave because I wasn't feeling good at the club," said Adriano."I wasn't feeling good in the country. Inter is an exceptional club.""I didn't do this to try to take advantage. I did it from my heart."I took a break to rest a little and get things going in my life again."I am back at home where I grew up and there is nothing better than being here amongst friends and family."I always wanted to return to Flamengo. I never thought about quitting football. I just needed some time to relax."

• 1 year later...

Controversial Brazilian striker Adriano is being interviewed by police in connection with alleged links to a drug-dealing gang that has been accused of murdering police officers.

The news could be a blow to Serie A side AS Roma, for whom the Flamengo striker - known as much for his goal-scoring talents as the controversy he courts off the pitch - will sign in June.

A police spokesman from Rio said: "Adriano has been asked to attend a meeting at 1400 (0300 AEST on Tuesday) and will be questioned by chief Luiz Alberto Cunha de Andrade."

Adriano, who has played for Inter Milan, Fiorentina and Parma in Italy's Serie A but failed to make the cut for Brazil's World Cup squad, is suspected of being involved in financial dealings with members of a drugs gang run by Fabiano Atanasio da Silva in the Vila Cruzeiro favela.

Da Silva has been accused of being involved in the shooting down of a police helicopter on October 17, 2009, an incident that led to the death of three police officers.

In October 2008, he was also accused of the murder of a prison chief.

According to local newspaper reports Adriano is also being investigated after two controversial photographs of the centre-forward came to light.

On its front page O Dia daily published a picture of Adriano making the initials, CV, with his fingers. In Rio CV is also an abbreviation for the Comando Vermelho criminal gang.

Another picture shows the 28-year-player posing with a rifle.

Both pictures are believed to have been taken when Adriano lived in Italy.

A press spokesman for the player told the paper Adriano had simply posed with a "replica gun which is used for paintball".

Local police last took an interest in Adriano in April when he was called to explain why one of his motorbikes was registered to the mother of a known drug dealer, Paulo Rogerio de Souza Paz, who is also a childhood friend.

That case has yet to be closed.