Mortal Kombat

revs

500x_mkmovie.jpg

Michael Jai White as Jax? Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade? Baraka and Reptile as homicidal maniacs? This footage from what looks to be the next Mortal Kombat game or movie trailer is brutal, disgusting, and perfect.

Reader Kev directed us to this video, featuring a realistic new take on the Mortal Kombat franchise that has more in common with movies like suspense and horror films like Seven and Saw than anything resembling the campy video game to film adaptations we've seen in the past.

Last we heard, Warner Bros. was looking to reboot the film franchise. If this is the fruit of that effort, we approve wholeheartedly.

More likely this could be a live-action trailer for the next game. Either way, we approve.

Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon has indicated that the next game in the series would be shooting for an M rating. "People want an M-rated MK....dammit we will give them an M-rated MK." This would surely do the trick.

This is way too much star power for a fan project. We're digging around for more information. Considering the timing of this trailer, however, we expect we might hear more as E3 quickly approaches.

Now, help us figure out who all is appearing in this clip.

click the link for the vid.

http://kotaku.com/5558339/if-this-is-the-next-mortal-kombat-movie-sign-us-up

It looks pretty dark. Definitely a step in a refreshing direction.

That 1st MK movie was so sh*t.... Come like that Street Fighter with Van Dam

i dont know how old you are but back when it came out, i thought it was sick even thought the 2nd one was good

but looking back you can see its utter sh*t but brings back good memories same applies to the Power Rangers movie

this one has potential but atleast it wont have extremely cheesy jokes from Johny Cage

Guest haze-e

I wet myself a little bit.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS BE REAL.

Will be the best Game to film port undoubtedly. Looks like its written by a true fan of the games, not some any money maker.

• 3 years later...