Changing your circle

PopT

Had the same circle of friends for the last 9 years we've been tight helped each other with our work. A lot of us are in the creative industries or working towards it so we are mainly all on the same wavelength.No wasters everyone is good.Other lot are my uni friends made a lot of friendships there as well with about 6-7 people again everyone is working towards something being in such a creative environment is inspiring.

no need for 3 topicsmerged.

• Upvote 2

I don't get this 'changing circles' talk, are you a woman?If you don't like the people you are with, don't associate with them, you don't need to find another group of people to use as a crutch
i understand what your saying but, some people have chilled with the same people foryears, your circle tends to be the main people you do things with i.e. go on holiday, raving and what not, so when you stop associating with yout selce, certain things in your life will stoptbh i used to hang with guys when i was 16, we still keep in contact and what not but you cant just one day show up and be part of the circle, people will look at you like your begginand what i get from reading this topic is that the older people get the harder they find it to make new friends

Guest phonecharger
I just roll solo these days, don't really have time for friends any more. I only class one person as a friend, I distanced myself from everyone else and went my own way.Just try doing things alone or find a girl.
agree with this to an extentbut its always good to keep a couple friends close to you even if u only link up now and again/had to ditch my long time bredrin cos of weed he was getting out of control, felt he was bringin me down in the processtold him about about himself one night and never heard of him again its been 2yrswas starting to think i was too harsh but f*ck it
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

f*ck it cruel to be kindhe will thank you one day esp if its just weed its not like u said i shagged ur girl cancel the wedding lol pub tonight mate?
similar situation with a guy me and one of my closet friends used sometimes chill with (all known each other since we started primary school)we tried talking to him time and time again...advising all the time...but he still on the same thingstill talk to him now and again..but dont chill with him as much until he sorts it out

Guest phonecharger
what did u say to him?
gave him that 'your a f*ck*ng wasteman' talkits f*cked cos out of pride he will never holla and nor will ithis is a guy i used to break bread with aswell, so if he ends up being a millionairre and i dont then iam pissed

what did u say to him?
gave him that 'your a f*ck*ng wasteman' talkits f*cked cos out of pride he will never holla and nor will ithis is a guy i used to break bread with aswell, so if he ends up being a millionairre and i dont then iam pissed
was he really that bad?was he smoking an just not doing other things? did he not have a job?

Guest phonecharger
what did u say to him?
was he really that bad?was he smoking an just not doing other things? did he not have a job?
smoking everyday, had a job but stilli felt it affected how he acts + i found out he was smoking cos of wifey problemstruesay i couldnt relate but still i found that a bit too moist cant really be moving with them drakey bruddas there
  • Upvote 2

what did u say to him?
smoking everyday, had a job but stilli felt it affected how he acts + i found out he was smoking cos of wifey problemstruesay i couldnt relate but still i found that a bit too moist cant really be moving with them drakey bruddas there
you sound like a good friend

I just roll solo these days, don't really have time for friends any more. I only class one person as a friend, I distanced myself from everyone else and went my own way.Just try doing things alone or find a girl.
Pretty much me atmFelt like I've just matured from certain things, resulting in me drifting from certain guys.Tried making the effort around carnival time, organised to roll with them. Then boom they go without me, wouldnt pick up phones or respond to messages etc. so I done my own thing and went with a chick. Had a good time tbh.
  • Upvote 2

I just roll solo these days, don't really have time for friends any more. I only class one person as a friend, I distanced myself from everyone else and went my own way.

Just try doing things alone or find a girl.

Pretty much me atm

Felt like I've just matured from certain things, resulting in me drifting from certain guys.

Tried making the effort around carnival time, organised to roll with them. Then boom they go without me, wouldnt pick up phones or respond to messages etc. so I done my own thing and went with a chick. Had a good time tbh.

this is just deep

if they were bang on reaching with u and pulled off the said manouvers afterwards then you are probaby better off drifting from them tbh

then again it depends on what made you drift from your circle in the first place

• 3 years later...

It's hard man, as I get older I find I am less able to cope with bullshit.Seems everywhere I look around, I am surrounded by unreliable childlike men.Just need a few man whose word is bond like mine.

Feeling strongly feeling this way for the last few months now.

Had the final straw this weekend. 

Going to do some real reflecting and make some changes