Vuvuzelas to be banned ?

Admin.

its not bad to voice an opinion on the horns, but its not REALLY that big a deal. 2 of my friends at the games have said its alot of bullshit complaining about them.

Germany did fine, and so did south Korea. or is England saying thats what made rob green lose concentration then? i did think the TV or sky was having problems, with the droning noise, but now im used to it. Majority of people dont have a problem with it.

you cant ban culture

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

its not bad to voice an opinion on the horns, but its not REALLY that big a deal. 2 of my friends at the games have said its alot of bullshit complaining about them.

Germany did fine, and so did south Korea. or is England saying thats what made rob green lose concentration then? i did think the TV or sky was having problems, with the droning noise, but now im used to it. Majority of people dont have a problem with it.

you cant ban culture

Who's arguing this? :/

Most people are saying it's annoying and affects the atmosphere in the stadium

• Upvote 1

Guest Awesome Kong

you cant ban culture

LOL, but that's why the majority of people are enjoying themselves yeah? Majority of the fans are south african. Other countries fans are just pissed because they can't shout kloud enough for anyone to give a f*ck what they had to say. All the africans & most of the people from other continents have them & are skanking, mexican waving etc etc.

you cant ban culture

which most people tho? most people in the UK? or everywhere cos brasilians love it. we'll have our drums and horns ready to play football not worry about horns. ask germany

you cant ban culture

which most people tho? most people in the UK? or everywhere cos brasilians love it. we'll have our drums and horns ready to play football not worry about horns. ask germany

Dunno why you feel the need to act as if it's always England complaining and looking for excuses

Xabi Alonso, Spain

"I think they should be banned. They make it very difficult for the players to communicate. They are a distraction and do nothing for the atmosphere."

Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal

"It is difficult for anyone on the pitch to concentrate. A lot of players don't like them, but they are going to have to get used to them."

Lionel Messi, Argentina

"It is impossible to communicate, it's like being deaf."

Manchester United captain Gary Neville says there's nothing wrong with South African fans blowing their vuvuzelas during games.

In his column for the Sunday Times of Malta, Neville wrote: "I played in South Africa two summers ago with Manchester United and it's an excellent place to play. There's a great atmosphere in the stadiums, everyone is happy and that will rub off on the tournament. The organisers wanted to make it a happy tournament of the people, and I think it will be a success.

"When we played there, fans were blowing their vuvuzela horns all during the game and they will be one of the things people will remember about the tournament.

"But I disagree with suggestions that the noise will distract the players. Noise from the crowd should never affect the players because they should be so focused on the game that they remove themselves from those issues."

The Netherlands coach, Bert van Marwijk, has banned the instrument from his practice workouts and others are working out ways such as sign language to get their message across during matches when they are drowned out by fans blowing the horn.

It's not a case of people attacking the culture, it's just that it takes away the highs and lows you normally get in crowd noise as a reaction to what's happening on the field and isn't practical for the players.

• Upvote 1

Dortmund banned them from their stadium, first club to do so... Not quite sure why.

Arsène Wenger is prepared to join the growing protest against vuvuzelas at the World Cup.

Virtually every game at the South African tournament has been played amid the drone of supporters' horns. It was a novelty for a while but, as the event completes its first full week, that has now well and truly worn off.

"It kills one of the charms of football - the songs," said Wenger, who is at the World Cup commentating for French TV. "The vocal support disappears.

"Also I must say it is not very nice to sit through a game while a guy blows one of those in your ear. I find it uncomfortable. On television it might look amusing but when you are confronted with it on a daily basis - even at the airports - it is an absolute nightmare.

"I would sign a petition to get rid of them tomorrow. For me it's World Cup South Africa - yes, vuvuzela no."