Match Day 5

MrJibbles

WTF are you man on?

This is the World Cup. Not Powerleague 7-a-side.

The f*ck you trying to come into the World Cup for, all guns blazing when modern football is very counter-attack oriented. AND, it's only the first match?

The 1st games, are not games to be taking risks just so you can entertain neutrals.

• Upvote 4

Guest WAVESURFER

WTF are you man on?

This is the World Cup. Not Powerleague 7-a-side.

The f*ck you trying to come into the World Cup for, all guns blazing when modern football is very counter-attack oriented. AND, it's only the first match?

The 1st games, are not games to be taking risks just so you can entertain neutrals.

I know where yr coming from, but I still expect a bit of a spectacle from the World Cup, regardless of how early in the tournament it is.

Portugal and Ivory Coast looked like they musta forgot they've still to play Brazil or some sh*t. No urgency or nothing, they shoulda both been going HARD for the three points today IMO, to allow for dropped points against Brazil.

• Upvote 1

I co-sign the need for more of a spectacle. When I say spectable though, I mean better 'quality' football as opposed to the goalfests people want to see in the first matches.

:/

It's just frustrating that football fans don't understand the need for a measured approach at the very beginning.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

cs mike kane most teams are looking to do just enough at this stage,the gung ho approach can leave them ass out plus noone is trying to get injured/sent off in the first game etc

next round of games shud see more open games as ppl adjusted to the quirks such as vuvuzela and jabalani/world stage etc and start needing those wins to stay involved.germany did come through on a real bawse wave though,i like to big them up for playing it old school