Covering letter

Captain Planet

Can somebody take a look please

I'm applying for a Santander Internship program they run for students from my uni

Dear Recruitment,

I write to you with the intention of showing my interest in the Santander internship position being advertised on the University of Essex Careers Centre. I am currently studying a Financial Economics Bsc at the University of Essex having just finished my first year of study, the 2009/2010 academic year.

It has become apparent that these days work experience counts a lot more towards the employability of a graduate and hence I feel that working at Santander even for just a week would give me a competitive edge and also help me gain further work experience. I’m convinced that this particular internship would serve as valuable work experience supplementing my studies in Financial Economics. I am particularly interested in seeing how the day to day operations are carried out in a bank. I am always eager to learn new things and add to my stock as an individual as well as an academic, I assure you my enthusiasm will not be in question

Besides my studies I volunteer as an Academic Mentor, working with disadvantaged young people in my local area at least one day a week. Doing this I have learnt to hone my communication and presentation skills, as I often work with students who may be behind in their academics. My CV contains additional information relating to my experience and skills. My primary career aspiration is to work in a financial institution and I would treasure any opportunity given to me to gain first-hand experience early on in my course, especially at an institution as well reputed as Santander.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael

Guest Lemons

Personally I'd add a little bit about what you can bring to the tabkle for the week of the internship, not just what you want to get from it (basically building on your point about the enthusiasm for it).

Other then that it looks good.

Fixed and dispatched

Dear Recruitment,

I write to you with the intention of showing my interest in the Santander internship position being advertised on the University of Essex Careers Centre. I am currently studying a Financial Economics Bsc at the University of Essex having just finished my first year of study, the 2009/2010 academic year.

It has become apparent that these days work experience counts a lot more towards the employability of a graduate, hence I feel that working at Santander even for just a week would give me a competitive edge and also help me gain further work experience in future. I’m convinced that this particular internship would supplement my studies in Financial Economics with first-hand experience. I am particularly interested in seeing how the day to day operations are carried out in a bank.

Besides my studies I volunteer as an Academic Mentor, working with disadvantaged young people in my local area at least one day a week. Doing this I have learnt to hone my communication and presentation skills, as I often work with students who may be behind in their academics.

What I could offer your branch is the ability to work independently once a task has been delegated to me. I am always eager to learn new things and add to my stock as an individual as well as an academic, ready to put newly acquired skills to use straight away and hone them. Ultimately, I can guarantee an enthusiasm and motivation in all things I do working with you.

My CV contains additional information relating to my experience and skills. My primary career aspiration is to work in a financial institution and I would treasure any opportunity given to me to gain first-hand experience early on in my course, especially at an institution as well reputed as Santander.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael xxxx

They will bly me cos I'm @ the uni anyway, but it's good practise nonetheless.

nah it's

Yo

Find my cv

I'm lookin for a job coz

At the moment I'm

I can bring ___ to the job

Get back 2 me

kl

unless You were bein sarcastic

@Captain Planet, it's dangerous to mention working individually and not also mentioning Your teamwork skills.

in that case add

if there's a contact name on the job, always use it ( like if it says "email Your cv to" and it has an employer full name )

then start covering letter with

Dear "Employer full name" rather than sir/madam, shows You've read the add

Oh and like captain planet did

I'm writing in response to "Job Vacancy"

Guest Esquilax

My idiot parents

I should've known they were wrong when they told me I should get my reference in hand to give to people, which caused me to then ask my old boss for my reference, thus making me look like a complete spastic

My rents are smart successful people, but they haven't done this sh*t in forever and have completely lost touch, f*ck*ng me over in the process...

Lol at thinking he really put the kisses

:|

/

How'd you hear about it Planet? Need to get involved in things outside my modules.

My uni's career centre.

lol @ Kisses was trying to hide my surename

C/S who ever wrote about teamwork skills, just dawned upon me

some next Lens hatred.

kl tho, remember for nex time.

• Downvote 1

• 1 year later...